Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 5,755

render

@Th3solution I struggled with that one for a bit but eventually found something that worked. Here’s what I posted when I did it, hopefully it will help:

“Basically I turned everything to easy including using the trickster option. Then I chose one of the earlier ones in career mode and used a Mini.
The trick was to just do the easy stuff e.g. knocking over those pink blocks, going through narrow gaps etc and just don’t go too fast. I managed to rack up x3 before hitting one of those big donut things and there it was.”

render

Th3solution

@render Ah, sorry I didn’t remember seeing that post. I must have skimmed over it at the time since I wasn’t playing the game yet.

Ok, I think I need to try that — just hitting the gates and not worrying about trying to do donuts and spins.

I’d hate for this to the only thing holding me back from the platinum!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Same for me, I was pretty useless at it but found one where I could just about complete three 'laps' of the circuit without hitting walls and that got the multiplier up to x3 so I could just donut from then on till the time limit ran out. Can't remember the exact course but from my now barely legible scribbled notes it may have been one in the blue section (meta C RX?) using the Peugot 208 WRX.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@Sorteddan Thanks, my friend. I think I can probably do that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CJD87

Does anyone here hate themselves enough to have pushed through for the SIFU platinum?

Some tips and reassurance would be great... I have just cleared level 2 ("The Club") at age 42.
I hear that level 2 is the 'Lady Butterfly' (Sekiro) difficulty curve of this game, and beating this proves that essentially the player should have the capabilities to get through to the end - albeit with much perseverance!

The game is kicking my ass massively, but is proving to be rewarding as I am very slowly but surely improving...

I guess I expect I will eventually beat the last boss, but I'd love to naively shoot for the platinum. None of the trophies really worry me, aside from the one where you need to beat the final boss at age 25 or less (!!!)

I hear that the best roadmap is to roll through the game 'normally' and then return to the levels from the start and keep perfecting each stage until you finish at a reasonable age.

The support and encouragement I got here for Returnal was invaluable, and I dare say I would have given the middle finger to the RNG Gods and quit... had it not been for advice from people here ha

Any tips for SIFU plat? The Lands Between await on Friday... so want to push for this in next few days!

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 so I’m still to play it yet but for what it’s worth from what I gather, this:

CJD87 wrote:

I hear that the best roadmap is to roll through the game 'normally' and then return to the levels from the start and keep perfecting each stage until you finish at a reasonable age.

… is what I am hearing is the best method. I saw that MBG from the youtubes plat’d it yesterday and he was really struggling initially. It seems that it just clicks the more you grind out each level. Stick with it and I reckon you’ll be real close, if not platinum-coated by Friday.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

render

@Keith_Zissou A heart congratulations for your DS platinum 🥳. It’s a really nice one to have in the collection and a nice reward for a highly rewarding game. I bet you’ll miss being Sam but good to know there’s an opportunity to return someday.

Keep on keeping on 👍

render

render

@CJD87 I’ve tried not to see too much about Sifu as I’m really keen to play it myself. It sounds brutal but I’m willing to bet if anyone can do it you can! Come on, use that deadline to power through 👍

render

CJD87

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the encouragement mate... but it definitely feels like a tall order right now! Maybe one for yourself (aka 'The King of Horrendous Platinums') for the future?! ha!

@render - For sure mate, I actually think the 'deadline' element is spurring me on more than anything! An interesting game, but I would be very very hesitant to actually recommend it to anyone... Unlike Returnal, where the gameplay/immersion/challenge are all fun attributes, SIFU is basically just one tricky challenge to overcome!

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@CJD87 I have it ordered for May, so I’ll definitely be giving it a go at some point. Even if they end up adding an Easy mode… I plan on using the default difficulty that you and everyone else has had to endure from its release.

I reckon you’ll be fine though mate… you’ve got a few tough plats yourself, might just have to power through a bit more pain and it’ll all fall into place.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Great celebratory GIF choice, and congratulations on your platinum!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

WCB

The next game of the ol' backlog and 2nd plat of the year goes to THE PLAYROOM VR.
I can't believe the PSVR is that old, I know I got mine day one so this game must of been the first trophy I popped on it.

Untitled

Edit: oops, 2nd plat of the year and 4th backlog game completed. Getting a head of myself there.

Edited on by WCB

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

WCB

@Keith_Zissou oh congrats on that Death Stranding plat!

WCB

RogerRoger

@WCB Hey, no matter how long the journey took, at least you made it! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Untitled

81 runs to complete the game, about 78 hours altogether!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Good grief, that's some determination you've got there! Congratulations!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic