Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 3,431

Cornaboyzzz

25 plats and 1478 trophies overall for me in 2021, and the interesting part is that only 1% of my playtime was online. ^^

@ScarletSpidey Well Crash 1 is by far the most difficult, so you've been warned.

Cornaboyzzz

Diamond_Dog

@RogerRoger Ah sound, I’ve always wanted to pick up a vita, what kind of titles are you playing? I need a commute so I can justify owning a switch, it’s criminally underused.

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

PSN: Bundersvessel

Diamond_Dog

Plat #24 - Old Man’s Journey

Delightful, short and sweet, with some light puzzle solving. The art style is gorgeous, I love games like this.

The ‘Smooth Ride’ trophy gave me a little trouble I have to admit, but I slept on it and cracked it on second attempt this morning 👍

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Oh, all sorts. Mixture of replays and new games; I started with Killzone: Mercenary and then finished The Amazing Spider-Man, and now I'm playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted. I've also got Gravity Rush, Tearaway, Touch My Katamari and Uncharted: Golden Abyss lined up. It's not got the biggest selection of games, but there's enough to keep things varied!

Congratulations on that short an' sweet platinum there! What's next for you now, then?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Diamond_Dog

@RogerRoger That sounds boss mate, lots of variety there. Have you always had one, or is this something you’ve recently acquired?

I’ve given myself a nine day window to tackle Far Cry 5 after a few stalled starts since ‘20, see how I get on. I am buoyed by my FC4 plat last year. Then in February I’m taking on the Mass Effect LE! When do you think you’ll be back in a home console groove?

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou I was a little late to the Vita party, but I got mine while it was still relevant. Must've been sometime in 2013 because I was hyped for Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate that winter!

Best of luck with Far Cry 5 there. I've heard good things, although I've also heard that it's pretty big, so nine days might not be enough time! Mass Effect won't be going anywhere, I guess, although that's an even bigger undertaking, so brace yourself appropriately!

Next week's still lookin' patchy for me, alas, but I've got an old Spidey game for PS4 that I wanna settle down with, so I'm hoping I can start it when February rolls around. Fingers crossed!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Diamond_Dog

@RogerRoger Well whatever you end up doing I hope it’s fun mate. What Spidey title is it?

Agreed, it does seem very big, so there may have to be some overlap. I’ve played the first two over the last 14 years or so, the second being quite recently in 2020 so i can probably get away with it. Excited for the year in gaming regardless 👍

Have a good one mate

Edited on by Diamond_Dog

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

LtSarge

Platinum #39: Steins;Gate 0

Very simple Platinum but it can take upwards of 40 hours to get it if you want to actually go through the story and enjoy it. Otherwise you could probably just skip all text and get it in like 1-2 hours maybe. I also thought the Platinum in this game was much easier to get compared to the original Steins;Gate where you had to choose certain lines correctly in a specific order in order to reach certain endings. You basically had to look up a guide for this and it would get rather tedious.

But yeah, great game and very straightforward Platinum!

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou @Keith_Zissou well, must’ve been a few days since I’ve been in here but seems that double congrats are in order… ‘we’ll done soldier’ 😉.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

[removed - inappropriate] ie PlayStation user

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Thanks! Gonna be playing The Amazing Spider-Man 2 which is apparently awful, but that kinda reputation just makes me all the more interested in it. I'm weird like that, though!

Best of luck with your gaming in the immediate; looking forward to reading about how you get on!

@LtSarge Congratulations on your latest platinum, particularly since it required having to be so patient with a visual novel (although I know you've been enjoying that genre of late, so I'm guessing it would be more of a challenge for others). At least a guide wasn't required this time! Nicely done!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@RogerRoger Thanks! Yeah, I was actually struggling quite a bit towards the end because some of the other endings just felt a bit long-winded and I just wanted to get the game over with. There's only so much you can alter with the content of a visual novel before it becomes samey, you know?

LtSarge

RogerRoger

@LtSarge Yeah, despite not being an expert on visual novels, I've chased a couple of similar trophies in the past, and know the "I'd like to move on now, please!" feeling all too well, which is why I respect anybody who manages to stick such things out.

At least you've got some other games from other genres to play next!

Making It So Since 1987

WCB

@Keith_Zissou I've had my eye on that one but never puuled the pin. Congrats.

@LtSarge nice one. I have that one waiting to do but I'm thinking I'll wait for a nice sale of Steins;Gate Elite first, as apparently that is the first game in the series. Congrats btw!

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Diamond_Dog

@RogerRoger Well hope you enjoy it, i too am drawn to things like that, mainly because I’ve found quality stuff amongst the widely condemned. Nice to take the contrarian standpoint occasionally 👍 likewise Looking forward to your thoughts on this

On hiatus. Back soon 👍

RogerRoger

@Keith_Zissou Thanks! Sometimes I wish I "got" the mainstream opinion more often, but we can't help what we like, I suppose. Here's to the game being anything other than an indefensible dumpster fire!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

@WCB Thank you! Yeah, Steins;Gate Elite is the first game in the series so definitely start with that one. It's kinda weird that they named the sequel Steins;Gate 0 since 0 is typically associated with a prequel to the original game (Yakuza 0, Resident Evil 0 and so on).

But yeah, the Steins;Gate games are just so good and they've definitely become my favourite visual novels of all time. Hope you'll enjoy them as well!

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

Platinum #71 - Assassins Creed 2 - I liked it… I imagine that I would’ve absolutely loved it if I’d played it at release on PS3… but some of the systems (I’m looking at you combat and parkour 🤬) are what I would consider a bit janky by today’s standards. Still well worth a play though and I’ll carry on with the remaining Ezio adventures throughout 2022.

colonelkilgore

Platinum #72 - Day of the Tentacle: Remastered - frikkin hilarious. As I’ve made pretty clear over the last year, narrative heavy, gameplay light games aren’t normally my thing… but there was something about this one!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic