Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 5,748

RogerRoger

Congratulations to @colonelkilgore @Sorteddan and @Cornaboyzzz for those latest trophies!

And yes, honourable mention to Sorteddan's rubber band, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@render I actually remember it releasing (well I read it’s review in CVG) and being quite jealous of PC owners back in the late eighties… but as an avid arcade player back then I chose the console direction by buying a megadrive. It’s mad how the two very diverse markets have slowly but surely become congruent since then.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou sadly not, your gear going in is in context with the game narrative… so for instance you first get to wield the shotty when you eventually get it in the story.

It’s pretty tough… and I do think the game is asking a lot after the hours most people would put into to 100% the game on Survivor… but it’s pretty fun too. You basically have to play the game like Legolas living his best life taking down olyphaunts single-handedly 🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render congrats to you and RB… that’s a rich vein of form for RB there 2 plats in 2 days 🤣

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@render
Get on laggy band!

...And also to you for all the other trophies which may have required a bit more skill.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

WCB

@Cornaboyzzz congrats

Plan on doing all the FFs eventually?

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Cornaboyzzz

@nessisonett I did but I love Triple Triad ! ^^

@colonelkilgore I already tried a few challenges from Shinra Combat Simulator on hard difficulty, it gave me a pretty good idea on what to expect. It's not gonna be easy !

@WCB I plan on doing all those that have been added to PS Now recently, so from VII to XII. And since they are pretty old, I haven't played them for 10-15 years at least, so it's a blast !

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz oh I have no doubt a Trophy vet of your calibre will get through it… just passing on my experience is all. As I said before (although I’m sure you won’t need it) good luck bud.

**** DLC!

ScarletSpidey

I'm considering going for the Uncharted 4 (and Lost Legacy) Platinum but the online trophies put me off... Has anyone else done it recently? I was going to do it on the Legacy Collection because it didn't have them but I've just seen there's only one Platinum.

ScarletSpidey

render

@ScarletSpidey I did it back in 2017, so not recently, but remember it wasn't too bad getting the multiplayer trophies for the platinum. They did take a bit of time but there was a thriving community of people playing it then so I was easily able to team up with randoms. I did try and go for the additional online trophies (which don't count towards the plat) Crushing and ...It but I was having difficulty with them and read that they had actually patched out a few things that made them easier.

It's a shame there's only one platinum for the new collection though but I guess with the lack of multiplayer then at least they will have got rid of those trophies requiring it.

render

colonelkilgore

Platinum #74 - Rise of the Tomb Raider - great game, I thoroughly enjoyed pretty much everything about it in fairness. Great story, setting etc. As I’ve mentioned elsewhere in this thread though the trophies attached to the Score Attack are a bit of a pain… but it does challenge you to play differently (sprinting full pelt through a mission, not taking damage and chaining actions to maintain a multiplyer), which was refreshing to be fair.

@Keith_Zissou don’t let me put you off taking on the Score Attack mate, after pumping in a decent amount of hours into it I know exactly how to tackle these now. Just message me on PSN and I’ll pass on the info 👍.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Nice work and fair play to you. I tapped out on Rise once I hit those score attack trophies. I think I just couldn't face playing the same bits again and again but having now played some roguelikes perhaps I'd be ok with those 🤔

render

colonelkilgore

@render well just like with @Keith_Zissou feel free to get in touch if you want any advice on how to expedite the process. Probably took me 15-20 hours (for the Score Attack trophies) but reckon I could’ve done it in under 10 if I knew then what I know now.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@velio84
Well if you've done with the game like I had by that point, the quickest way to get to 50 is find the sprint race where you only have to do 3 laps in the snow (somewhere in the red bit) and play it over and over - only takes about a minute and up to 300+ xp depending on the car you use

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

WCB

@colonelkilgore congrats on the Rise plat!

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

@Iver 👊 thanks man, yeah it was a great game… the plat did drag on a little as you hinted at but still, it was very good.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

Belated platinum congratulations to @render for DIRT 5 and @colonelkilgore for Rise of the Tomb Raider back there, both of which I somehow missed!

All this talk of rubber bands must've gotten me confused!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic