Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 5,748

sorteddan

@render
Look up online playgrounds and do a search for the term 'miles' - the first couple both have names like 1000 miles afk - So that's what my ps5 has been doing this afternoon, now up to 700+

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

render

@Sorteddan Cheers, will check that out. I get what you mean about watching a console play itself being wrong though. We should be petitioning these games companies to make trophy requirements less grindy in order to help save the environment 👍

render

sorteddan

@render
I was thinking something similar earlier on. I have had games previously that needed 20/30 hours or something so I have just left the machine on while I went out for a few hours which is crazy if you think about it. The requirements should at least be tied to how long an average gamer would take to complete everything, not just an arbitrarily big number.

Still, as the Colonel says, just be glad it wasn't 10,000 miles. Especially with current energy prices!

Maybe they could introduce a thumbs up / thumbs down vote on the trophy list when you achieved it that could let Sony and the game companies know which ones proved popular and which ones everybody thought sucked.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

colonelkilgore

Platinum #73 - The Sexy Brutale - cool little puzzle game with great art design.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou yeah not too bad mate, hopefully you and yours are having a nice start to 2022. Real glad Farcry 5 has clicked with you this time… I think I remember us discussing it previously and how it’s my favourite of the series. Hopefully it’ll keep you engaged until you’re done.

The Sexy Brutale is short in fairness (around a days worth), it’s still a quality little product though and I’d definitely recommend it to people looking for something a bit different.

I’ve managed to make a start on those RotTR score attacks too. Damn they’re asking a lot after the main game actually being pretty big anyway (particularly once you’ve 100%ed it). You have to score enough points to get a gold ranking on every mission and tomb in the game (so basically another playthrough, only it takes a good few attempts to get a gold). Got gold on the first seven missions… so just another twenty left to go 😳!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

Platinum #104 now in the bag.
Dirt 5 (PS5) all straightforward enough apart from the grindy last trophy mentioned previously in this thread. Nice to get one of the Plus titles done in the month I got it though.

colonelkilgore

@Sorteddan nice one buddy, I’m not really a racing game fan but I’ve been considering giving this a go.

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Well thanks but I suppose I can't take all of the credit. Most of the last 500 miles was performed by my rubber band!

render

@Sorteddan Nice one, also congrats to you and the band. Hopefully I can find one as good at driving as yours 😀

render

WCB

@colonelkilgore okay, but if you want to 100% the game just let me know.

I haven't started it yet. I still need to finish the first games story first, I'm thinking either next month or March to do that.

I've made myself a commitment to tackling certain games in my backlog this year via an event on psnprofiles. I'm hoping to do at least 1 a month with a few smaller games here and there, inFamous: Second Son being one of them. The rest are

The Playroom VR - 4% completed - first trophy earned 25th Dec 2016

Tomb Raider - 35% completed - first trophy earned 12th June 2020

Persona 4 Golden - 55% completed - first trophy earned 30th Oct 2018

Yakuza 0 - 34% completed - first trophy earned 25th Aug 2018

Marvel's Spider-Man - 82% completed - first trophy earned 21st Oct 2018

Astro Bot Rescue Mission - 22% completed - first trophy earned 25th Dec 2019

Sleeping Dogs - 19% completed - first trophy earned 8th Feb 2015

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - 22% completed - first trophy earned 14th Feb 2015

Alien: Isolation - 4% completed - first trophy earned 15th Feb 2015

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

Cornaboyzzz

#321 Final Fantasy VIII - My FF marathon continues, after VII and VII Remake (which I found absolutely amazing, but I haven't played Hard Mode yet). VIII has always been divisive and rightly so, the combat system is a bit broken, the story gets convoluted in its second part, but there is something fascinating about its world and its characters. It's been my first FF when I was a kid, and I really enjoyed playing it again so many years later.

Platinum was pretty straightforward, and not too long thanks to the speed x3 option !

Cornaboyzzz

nessisonett

@Cornaboyzzz I’m guessing you played an awful lot of Triple Triad for that!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@WCB okay thanks mate. Good luck with finishing off those backlog plats. A lot of good games tbh… Sleeping Dogs is a personal fave.

@Cornaboyzzz nice work bud. As an FF-noob I found Hard Mode on FFVII Remake quite the challenge. There’s a VR boss rush trophy that was… well I shiver just remembering it 😬. Good luck when you circle back to it.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou not sure mate, I’d imagine that it only becomes more difficult. The reason for this is, that in order to boost your score enough to score a gold rank, you not only have to play each mission on Survivor (of which you have to do a full playthrough anyway for the plat) but you also need to handicap yourself using cards that can be acquired ie *All enemies have double armour (which boosts your score by 100%) or *Lara can not heal herself during the mission (which I think is also a 100% boost).

I’d like to have both it and Yakuza Kiwami out of the way by Horizon Forbidden West if possible, as if I move on to something of that scale I may never go back if you know what I mean.

**** DLC!

render

@Sorteddan As we speak a rubber band is driving me towards the Dirt 5 platinum 😆

@colonelkilgore After the conversation about Day Of The Tentacle yesterday I booted it up last night for a quick go as I haven't played it since my PC days. It looks pretty good with it being remastered and I like that you can hit the touchpad to switch it back to pre-remastered graphics. It'd be pretty easy for me to breeze through it being as I pretty much remember the solution to everything as soon as I see / talk to someone 😎

render

colonelkilgore

@render yeah I tried the ‘classic’ look for a while, it still has its own charm in fairness… was cool to play that even older Lucas Arts game hidden within Day of the Tentacle too, Maniac Mansion was it?

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Yeah that was a great addition and even at the time looked dated, so I bet looks even more out of date now.

Maniac Mansion was actually the game that kickstarted the game engine that all the point and click LucasArts games use - SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion). I had to lookup what the SCU part was but remember the acronym from running ScummVM, like a virtual machine for the SCUMM engine, on an old Mac laptop. It did a good job and ran pretty much all the LucasArts stuff plus loads of additional titles like Broken Sword and Discworld. I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of what's running DoTT on PS.

render

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic