Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@Voltan I’d take a whole list of missables over trying to hold up enemies with an M4 on MGS2 right now. I’ve done a bit more research and it’s a problem even using an original touch-sensitive DualShock 3.

I’ve just read a thread about rigging the square button so that it can’t be completely decompressed. It seems that I will have to fill a toothpaste lid with blue-tack and use it over the square button... what in the world were they thinking with this control method 🥸

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore Wow MGS4, great one ! Congrats.

And yeah if you love Far Cry, you'll definitely love this one. Weapons especially are great fun.

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz cheers bud, I’ll look forward to it… though we could actually be at the Farcry 7 stage by that point 😅

@Kidfried ‘kept me waiting huh?’ 😜

**** DLC!

Gremio108

@colonelkilgore As painful as it must be, I'm thoroughly enjoying your trials and tribulations with the MGS2 platinum. Filling toothpaste lids with blue tack? You're truly going above and beyond.

Edited on by Gremio108

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

colonelkilgore

@Gremio108 I haven’t gone there yet… still waiting on the delivery of a refurbed DualShock 3… but I’ll certainly try it if all else fails 😅

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Congrats on MGS4 and good luck with MGS2! You’re a legend, indeed. If you end up having to use toothpaste caps or rigging your controller then I’ll definitely be curious to hear about that! 😂 Dedication!

But you do have plats for MGS3, 4, and 5 right? So you can’t leave out 2! That would keep me up at night!

And don’t you hate how the PlayStation consoles don’t let you customize how your trophies are displayed? It would be nice to have your Metal Gear Solid platinum trophy lists all grouped together on your list wouldn’t it? I’ve always wished they would put in a feature like that.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution ... and MGS: Peace Walker too. That one presented its own unique challenges on route to the plat that’s for sure... but you’re far too kind.

Totally agree on the whole customisable Trophy List comment, I’d love an alphabetised option at least. It will actually show like that on PS3 though, so there is that.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

colonelkilgore wrote:

Platinum #62 - Metal Gear Solid 4

Untitled

...isn't it?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger pretty much perfect gif-work there as always Rog. Though my issue with MGS2 means that this plat has released little-to-none of that precious digital-trinket dopamine that I’ve become accustomed to though. Still, if I do somehow conquer my MGS2 woes... it’ll be dopamine all’ round... on me 😉

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Platinum #63 - Metal Gear Solid 2 - ... and that’s the set. NOW I feel I can enjoy the MGS4 plat properly... as this has just been niggling me. It’s taken about 2 months... but has definitely felt longer... and although most people consider the MGS4 plat to be the more difficult one, I personally found this one harder. Might just be the most difficult plat of all 63 actually.

**** DLC!

jdv95

colonelkilgore wrote:

Platinum #63 - Metal Gear Solid 2 - ... and that’s the set. NOW I feel I can enjoy the MGS4 plat properly... as this has just been niggling me. It’s taken about 2 months... but has definitely felt longer... and although most people consider the MGS4 plat to be the more difficult one, I personally found this one harder. Might just be the most difficult plat of all 63 actually.

you madman!

jdv95

sorteddan

@colonelkilgore
Good work pal.
Your dedication and commitment is inspirational.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Voltan

Platinum #31: Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy

This one can be done in one playthrough, as long as you don't make the same mistake I did in chapter 6 - in which case you'd have to repeat everything up to the end of chapter 9
At least I got to see the other version of chapter 4 - which is basically a whole different level, save for the boss fight at the end.

Voltan

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Bravo! The long trial is over.
Really happy for you.

Now, what was the trick? The refurbished DS3 or toothpaste or what?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution thanks sol, so the controller rigging is actually in regards to the DualShock 3 as far as I know, as it causes the button to be only partially pressed, which would only affect a button with sensitivity.

I just brute-forced it for the most part though. While I was waiting for my refurbed dualshock3 I just played the missions over and over pushing square just long enough to raise my gun and say freeze but releasing before the gun was fired. This was extremely hit-and-miss… well more like hit-and-10x misses but I actually managed to get through 8 of the 10 remaining missions, using this method. I’m confident that I would’ve managed the last two eventually too but then my new controller arrived and as a result the final two missions were an absolute breeze.

… I am left a little curios about the controller-rigging though as although I didn’t need to do it, it was a bizarre yet fascinating little subplot.

@Iver thank you buddy, I definitely don’t deserve that level of commendation but it’s certainly appreciated. I’ve known these two games were coming all year… so it’s a bit of a relief that I’ve closed the book on these now, I can tell you.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Absolutely superb work on that MGS2 platinum! And not to take anything away from all of your hard work, but it feels like a collective victory for the community, what with your progress updates and the discussions they sparked, and I love that, too. What a journey!

Additional congratulations to @Voltan for that Guardians of the Galaxy platinum there, as well!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic