Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,021 to 2,040 of 5,756

Kidfried

Got my 5000th trophy yesterday, fittingly it was the platinum for Chicory. Amazing game and a nice stroll to the platinum - which was more of an effort than I expected it to be.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Kidfried Nice milestone, very well-timed with a platinum for a newfound favourite! Congratulations!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@Kidfried Nice work. Was it a fairly organic platinum or one where you had to go spend hours of additional painting to get it?

Thrillho

Kidfried

@Thrillho 80% came organically. 15% was post games completionism, and I liked how that kind of turned into a game on its own for me (scouting every area for secrets, etc.).

And then there's the paint classes. I really wanted to take everyone of them seriously and I did, but I think 20 was just a bit too much, and the assignments were a bit too repetitive. And I imagine many people just submit blank canvases to pop the trophy! Which is a sad thing, because you can never go back to change them. So basically you're rushing to complete the game, but as a result you're never gonna get back to it.

I liked how I really wanted to complete this game for me. Never did I want to cut corners just to complete stuff, and I used the in game hints to find all collectibles instead of the internet, which made it all the more immersive.

Anyway, I'll be gushing about this game for years to come probably!

Kidfried

RogerRoger

So I should unlock my 50th platinum trophy at around 2130 hrs. this evening. Feels like a weirdly specific thing to say, but it's CyberConnect2's fault for putting a "play for 30 hours" trophy in a game which would otherwise take twenty-one to platinum. I just hope my PS3 doesn't mind being left to idle on a menu all day. If it doesn't, and if there isn't a power cut in the meantime, then I'll be able to thank Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations for my milestone.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

sorteddan

@RogerRoger
Well congrats in advance then.
I dislike such trophies (recall doing similar stuff on saints row games. Logging on then going out for the day while a few hours pass by)

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Thanks! It feels really weird having my PS3 humming away without me, for sure. I don't think I've encountered many of these trophies before (or, whenever I have, they've been implemented with a little more accuracy, so that the required time is much closer to the total of an average playthrough or platinum run). I think I'll do some random fights for the last hour, so that I'm "there" for when it pops.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Apologies for the double post, but yay!

Untitled

Bless my PS3 for making it through the day.

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thanks, as you well know! Here's to the next fifty!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Platinum number 16 - Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight. Literally the exact same game as the 5 one but with a better cast and slightly worse remixes.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

nessisonett wrote:

Platinum number 16 - Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight. Literally the exact same game as the 5 one but with a better cast and slightly worse remixes.

I really liked those games. I liked them much more than the Persona 4 dancing one which tried to fit a story in. I appreciate the effort but come on. Just wanna dance.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Jimmer-jammer

I am 3 trophies away from the Platinum for The Pathless, my first earnest platinum attempt in a while and ‘The Pathfinder’s Tale’ won’t pop for me. I have resorted to a guide and re-visited all of the locations twice now. Just wanted to say, “#$!@%!!!”

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer ah dude, I feel for ya! If I ever encounter any issues like this i usually resort to reddit and other message boards to see if anyone else has encountered the same issue. It's saved a few platinum journeys for me... 🤞 for you.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Thanks! I’ve gotta be missing something. In my light searching I didn’t see anything obvious jump out at me as far as it being a common problem. I shall venture forth into the bowels of the internet.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

Just hit a major ‘sigh-of-relief’ moment in The Last of Us: Remastered. I missed out on all the artifacts (and therefore all collectibles) during my 100% collectibles run last week, through foolishly choosing not to bother checking through the stuff in Ellie’s rucksack during the Winter stage.

I had read that the two trophies attached to this act are very temperamental and might only pop during one playthrough, so collecting them during my Survivor+ run might not pop them… thankfully my crossing my toes and touching wood method, while searching through Ellie’s rucksack on this playthrough worked. Phew! 😅

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore well that’s sigh of relief!

sorteddan

Platinum#86: Sound Shapes
Continuing to clear the backlog.
First trophy obtained around 2 years ago. Finally got back to it last week to tackle death mode levels. Some of those were seriously at the extent of my reflexes and dexterity so very pleased to put this one behind me (finally!!!)

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic