Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 2,001 to 2,020 of 5,748

johncalmc

I've played all of the Quantic Dream games since Farenheit and I kinda feel the same about all of them - some good ideas, some intriguing moments, but messy storytelling, and questionable writing. If you're expecting an art house movie - which is what David Cage seems to think he's making - then you're going to be disappointed. If you're after a Saw IV, straight-to-dvd, cheesy b-movie then they hit the spot.

I think Detroit is technically the best - it has the best writing and acting and the most coherent story - but my favourite is Heavy Rain because I just prefer the theme and the setting and everything. Sure, it's ludicrous, but at least it's not dull.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution cheers sol, I will get around to D:BH eventually as pretty much everyone who has discussed the game with me considers it to be very good.

Should be a good game to slot in between a couple of more time-intensive or more difficult games I reckon. 👍

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Yes, a really good palate cleanser. There’s no wrong way to play it and if you choose poorly or mess up, that’s all part of the game. Getting a death fairly early on is certainly possible and the game just rolls on. So there’s no a lot of stress, especially if you want to do a few replays for the platinum.

I think my one playthrough was around 12-14 hours or so, maybe less. Seems like I did it over about 2 or 3 weekends.

The game has the best facial motion capture and photo-realistic character rendering I’ve seen on PS4 (I’ve yet to play TLoU2 though, which looks like it will give it a run for the money)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I’ve been holding out for a native PS5 version, but I’m not sure that’s coming. They say it really doesn’t need it as it’s already 60fps and graphical fidelity looks fabulous even without native 4K or ray tracing. Just would be nice for optimization features and haptic feedback and such. I look forward to hearing your thoughts though!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

render

@Th3solution When they released the patch for PS5 they said that was just the start which sounded to me like there was likely a PS5 native version coming. I reckon they will do one but perhaps they are just waiting for the right moment to talk about it / release it.

render

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution @render I suppose that if there was an 'ideal' time it would be when the sequel to the Factions multiplayer is finally ready. Its been heavily rumoured for years.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore I didn’t get along much with the first Factions on PS3, but am willing to consider the new one since it appears they’re putting massive effort into it. Having it be a standalone rather than just an packed in mode is encouraging. Yet, multiplayer isn’t my thing, but I love Naughty Dog, so we’ll see. The most enjoyable MP I’ve played has been Uncharted 2.
Edit: Also the Assassin’s Creed MP
was pretty good too. I liked getting points for hiding in a barrow of hay. 😅

Edited on by Th3solution

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah I'm the same about multiplayer but I'll give it the old college try if a plat requires it. Factions was really good actually... just full of players who had clearly been playing it for years, took it extremely seriously and weren't fussed on noobs.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Very good point, I always forget about Factions. I never played the original so don't really know a great deal about it but I'd be up for giving it a go. Like you say @Th3solution they must be putting a lot of effort into it being as it's been over a year since part 2 shipped and we still haven't heard anything about it.

render

colonelkilgore

@Keith_Zissou love it when your so into a game that your mind keeps wandering to it during the day. Loving the gameplay/story in particular... or just both?

Regardless of how hard I tried to avoid spoilers I know the basics of the story. Obviously it'll depend on the telling as opposed to simply the plot points but as it stands I don't think the sequels narrative is gonna offend me as it did so many.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render the original Factions is still really active if you did fancy dipping your toe... as I alluded to above though, the vast majority of its community take it very seriously and there is some toxicity towards noobs.

Its all good though... I chipped away a couple of hours each day for 3 weeks and got all the mp trophies out of the way without too much negativity.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Well done on getting those. I remember having a conversation before about how many trophies you end up with from one play through of TLoU and it was something paltry like 7% 😂.

I might take a look at it if I get some time. I'm assuming it's a team based game?

render

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I thought Factions for TLOU2 is what Naughty Dog are currently working on? Or have I missed something and it was only a rumour?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder no don't think you missed anything, I was just referring to how long it had been rumoured... as I initially heard it would come with TLoU2 when that was to be released (prior to its delay).

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Maybe I'm being a bit pedantic, but how is it a rumour if the developer has already confirmed they are working on it?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yup ‘maybe’ 😜

@Keith_Zissou sounds great bud, hopefully I get the same kick out of it that you are. I’ll be sure to tag you once I’ve played it and we’ll discuss the greatness 😊.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@render yeah there are three modes, all of which are team based. The tricky thing is getting to 12 weeks (each multiplayer match is a day) for each faction… so you have to play at least 134 matches and if you fail on any potential 100% loss challenges (their not too bad as long as you do your research) you start from scratch.

Having gotten all of the mp trophies, I’m currently doing my 100% collectibles run and then I’m gonna try the Survivor+ run for the plat later this week.

**** DLC!

render

@colonelkilgore Woah, that's quite involved then. I might save that for a rainy day I think.

You'll have to let me know how the Survivor+ run goes as I'd like to give that a go. I played 2 on hard but was too much of a wuss to go for Survivor. Thing is it looks like it will make the game a lot more interesting as resources will be really thin on the ground so you'll need to maximise your use of things and use the environment more. Could be really cool.

render

colonelkilgore

@render the mp took a good 3 weeks of playing a few games per day. If and when you do decide to do it, make sure you set aside a good chunk of time.

Yeah I'll let you know how the Survivor+ run goes... i can already tell I'm gonna struggle without the listen-mode though.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic