Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 5,729

sorteddan

@Thrillho
Yeah that's how it starts. Then you get a new game and check the list and check a guide and start thinking well most of that is doable...may as well attempt it.
And then you are become trophy hunter.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

WCB

@Thrillho Congrats!

My latest

Untitled

Last year I missed catching a Bugsnax during a boss fight and thought I missed out on 100% without having to start again so I dropped it. Lately it's been gnawing at me to go back, so I looked it up today and discovered nothing is missable. So I smashed the rest today and glad I did, I enjoyed this one a lot and happy it was a free game at the PS5 launch.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

colonelkilgore

@WCB nice, 2 in two days is always good… I enjoyed Bugsnax myself, would never have believed that little creatures saying their own name as they go about their business would make me laugh so much.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@Cornaboyzzz How did you get on with the online stuff if you don't mind me asking? I've got it and have most of the offline trophies done but if I try and find a random room online I always get errors. I think I'll only be able to get the online ones done if someone on my friends list gets it.
Well done by the way as getting those Olympic medals can be tricky as I find the difficulty really ramps up in the final and any small error means missing the gold.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Congratulations on the Watchdogs Plat and The Social Lubricant trophy in particular. That was/is the only trophy I missed and left it about half way through the medium difficulty challenge as it become too hard/frustrating so I left it incomplete.

BearsEatBeets

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets cheers buddy, yeah it was tough! In fairness, I initially hit a bit of a wall on level 6 of the medium drinking challenge too. As far as I’m concerned, level 6 of the medium and level 6 of the hard ones are the hardest challenges. After I got past level 6 of both I finished of each individual locations remaining 4 levels without failing any.

If that’s you’re last trophy, I’d definitely consider giving it another go… it certainly won’t be fun but bite down on the gum-shield and it’ll be worth it when the plat pops.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

#311 The Sinking City - And we're back at it again ! A nice "Sherlock Holmes" kind of game, with an interesting setting. It's a janky game in every way possible, but the writing was good enough to keep me going. Easy plat with some missable trophies.

@BearsEatBeets yes the online seems a bit broken, what I did was create a room instead of searching for one. Remove the lock so people can join and try to win when other players connect. At least you can choose the minigames so it's easier for you to win. And for the 10 gold medals, you can play the same event again and again, so choose the one you're most comfortable with.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Maybe I'll consider it sometime but I've accepted leaving one trophy short for a long time. Goat Simulator is another one I've left due to one annoying mini-game trophy. My trophy hunting hunger has it's limits and these 2 crossed it.

@Cornaboyzzz Good to know, thanks for tips. I've faltered at the final stage a few times so might stick to my best events.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore That's cool, if my response came across as dismissive it wasn't intended. It's just a game buried away and long forgotten until your post but I took your reply as the helpful tip and encouragement it is from one trophy hunter to another. If I ever decide to dig it out and give it another go I'll let you know how I get on. 👍

BearsEatBeets

Cornaboyzzz

#312 Maquette - A cool puzzle-game with clever "size" mechanics. Nothing too memorable but it's a nice and easy 2-hour platinum.

Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore yeah it depends on what kind of games I play, right now I'm starting Judgment and Death Stranding so the next plats will take a bit longer.

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz yeah pretty sure the Death Stranding plat took me around 150 hours… loved every minute though and I look forward to getting the Directors Cut plat at some point.

And yeah if Judgement is anything like the majority of the Yakuza series that could be even longer.

**** DLC!

johncalmc

@colonelkilgore I liked it, but I like that kind of thing. It's a bit like Heavy Rain, only it's not as long, and not as interesting. Pretty okay detectivey thing where you make some decisions and the story changes somewhat based on what you do.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc cool, I did play a bit of Heavy Rain back in the day and found it quite interesting too... haven't played anything similar since but have been considering Detroit: Become Human as its on the PS+ collection. Always on the look out for something a bit different to keep things interesting, I'll check it out.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Definitely recommend Detroit Become Human. It’s the best of the Quantic Dreams games. Heavy Rain is pretty good also, but much more of the early attempts at becoming what D:BH actually accomplishes. Thematically you might like HR if you want more mystery, modern setting; DBH is future/Sci-Fi. Also, I think DBH has the more achievable platinum, as I don’t think you need to get all the endings (I think there’s like 30 of them or something) just have to replay a few major decision trees and see a few extra major storylines. I never went back for the plat on either game, but absolutely enjoyed the first playthroughs of both, but Detroit gets the nod for the best story-centric ‘choice and consequence’ game I’ve ever played.
(Also, I’ve yet to play QD’s other major PS4 title Beyond Two Souls, which by all accounts is their weakest)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic