Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 5,729

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution no worries. Nice to know Team Asobo made decent use of the PS5. I'll definitely be playing that version at some point.

About auto-pop PS5 trophies... it can be hit and miss. I recently auto-popped Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order and FFVIIR as although I enjoyed them on PS4 I didn't fancy playing through them again. FFVIIR popped just fine but SWJFO was very temperamental.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution I'm pretty sure I did all the crafting in my first playthrough, with only some of the collectables left which I got using chapter select.

I was exploring every knock and cranny for materials though, and didn't craft much of the two resource heavy items.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah it's definitely do-able... I just didn't pay attention to the mats needed for Luminosa. As soon as I realised the cost on leather I refrained from it

**** DLC!

Thrillho

I forgot to say that Ghost of Tsushima gave me platinum #35 and my 8th of the year!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore Yeah, it was only the "cosplay" one that I had to go out of my way to do. Oh, and I needed to find a few more of the random bowing signs to get that one too.

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho yeah it was just those bowing signs that I completely missed too really... it was quite a nice send off to the game riding around to get them done though.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Plat #52 - Tekken 7 - haven’t played a fighting game since Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast but fancied playing one after smashing Baki and Kengan Ashura on Netflix. Was okay but it’s just not my genre if I’m honest.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

And there pops platinum #36 for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Quite easy as trophies go and the activity cards make the collectibles even easier, I just had to look up a couple of the CraiggerBear locations. The weapon specific ones were fairly easy and just about all the others popped from playing the game.

I'm a big fan of the name of the trophy for completing the game though: 2 Fuzz 2 Nefarious

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @Thrillho Congratulations on the recent plats, folks!

I've just ticked over to trophy level 413. That's gonna bug the heck out of my superstitious side until it ticks over again, so I'd best get to work on some easy lists.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Jimmer-jammer

@RogerRoger I never listen to anything at volume 13, mostly radio, and it’s the silliest thing ever. Strange, the things we do.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger nice Rog, did you find the speed at which you move through the levels significantly slow down once you got into Silver+2 (the 400’s)?

Oh, and congrats on the Rift Apart plat @Thrillho

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@Jimmer-jammer I know, right? It's only a number, and yet there have been instances where I've stayed up 'til the wee small hours because quitting a game would leave its trophy list on 13%. It's maddening!

@colonelkilgore Alas, I'm the wrong person to ask, as when the new levels got implemented I think I was already beyond 400. It does seem to be taking me a while to clear each level, though. It's not taking me quite as long as it used to, under the old system, but it's not significantly faster, either. I kinda expect a platinum to nudge me up an entire level, but it doesn't. Not even close.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I got ya. So to give the new(ish) system some context…. I’m currently 327 and your average platinum playthrough will nudge me up just under a level and a quarter (123%) (some games a bit more and some a bit less). A platinum trophy alone is around a 23% shunt in the lower 300’s.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore That settles it, then. You're definitely getting more mileage from your trophies than I am. Even when I got all the DLC trophies for Marvel's Spider-Man, my quest to platinum it was probably worth one whole level, although I can't recall for certain. It certainly didn't feel like 123% of a level, though.

Interesting stuff, and kinda fair enough. Whenever you level up in a game, the first ten levels are often super-easy to breeze through, and then things get demanding. So this makes sense to me.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah I agree, it definitely right that it scales with your current level. I have a feeling every 50 levels is a point (or maybe even 25) where it then takes more trophies to progress.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore It's interesting you're on 50+ platinums and level 327 but I have 36 plats at level 376. I have no idea how any of that works to be honest and almost preferred the old system where a jump in level was a pretty big deal.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @Thrillho It would be nice to get some definitive statistics on how it all works, even if this apparent scaling would suggest a seemingly infinite number of varying values which would be impossible to track and present in any concrete way... but it's odd because yeah, I have fewer platinums than the Colonel there (47) and yet am almost a hundred levels ahead.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho @RogerRoger I have quite a few friends 'around' my level but with only single digit plats... they just have a ridiculous amount of bronzes. I guess they just skimmed a lot of games without getting over halfway through. I only started my current psn account in September 2014... and until March 2017 was hardly playing anything. I've jumped an absolute ton of levels since then though.

Although it's obviously scalable in regards to one's level, there are constants. For instance, while a bronze might be worth let's say 50% of a level if your under level 10 but only say 1% at level 299... a bronze is ALWAYS worth half (or a third... or whatever the value is) of a silver and a silver is ALWAYS worth half (or whatever the actual fraction is) of a gold and so on.

Something Sony did do was increase the value of a platinum when the introduced the new system... so if, for arguments a platinum was worth two golds in the old system... they are now worth more than that, be it three or four... or whatever the figure actually is.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic