Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah not really a photo mode kinda guy, I do like having a decent in game pic for my banner on my PS4 profile page but the fact the PS5 doesn’t seem to support this takes away the one reason I had to take screen shots.

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

I’ve been playing the Mass Effect games back to back. Absolutely loved playing 1 and 2 again, but I’m not as hooked on 3. Not sure if it’s because I’m getting burnt out or because Mass Effect 3 is the weakest game in the series. The missions are better, but I hate how they trimmed a lot of the RPG elements.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

johncalmc

@Bentleyma- I always preferred it that way, if I'm honest. I always thought the RPG elements in the first game were really weak and just made the game needlessly cumbersome. Streamlining the whole thing worked in its favour, I think.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Not sure where you've heard that the PS5 lacks customisable PSN profile banner pictures, because it does, and whatever you pick auto-updates across to the PS4, as well. It's slightly frustrating because, since the profile page layouts are different, the alignments aren't identical, so you could put something up that looks great on your PS5's profile, but then gets awkwardly cut off on PS4.

What's interesting is that, if you then change your profile banner picture on a PS4, it won't auto-update across to the PS5, so you can have two separate backgrounds if you apply them in the right order. Of course, give it another couple of firmware updates, and this might change.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Notable observation, Rog. Didn’t realize I could monkey the system to have two different banners.
I recently changed my banner on my PS5 from the GoW shot I took for the screencap contest a few months ago to a Control shot I recently took and I need to check out how it might be formatted to look differently on the PS4. I did notice that the PS5 didn’t seem to match up the colors quite as well as the PS4 does, and the pic didn’t have the same impact on my PS5 screen as I had hoped. Like you say, hopefully an update gets these things a little more fine tuned.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger so I just checked and you’re spot on. I guess the different lay out (4 tiles in front of a faded background that is actually your existing banner) just meant I didn’t notice it. Don’t think I like the layout as much if I’m honest.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore No, it's nowhere near as good. If you capture something bright, it can kinda punch through the haze, but there's a lot more trial and error to it.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@johncalmc How hard is the 13 Sentinels platinum, by the way? And how did you like the game overall? It’s in my backlog.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

johncalmc

@Th3solution I loved the game. I think it's fantastic. It's mostly just wandering around talking to people like a slightly more interactive visual novel. But because it's broken up into lots of small chunks and most of those chunks contain an interesting development it rarely lulls.

Platinum wise it's easy. I got the platinum when I finished the game. There's weird little RTS missions and there's a trophy for getting S rank in every one of those. I dropped the difficulty down to casual after the mission because I knew I just wanted the story and I S ranked every one on the first try. So if you do that you'll be fine - not sure how tricky it is on normal or hard.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc I picked this up a while back too, not sure it’ll be my thing but the response to it was so overwhelmingly positive that I have to give it a go. Read somewhere that the plat should take around 40 hours, does that sound about right?

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

johncalmc

@colonelkilgore according to my console I played it for 48 hours but I think I wasted a lot of time. Based on my time I'd be surprised if you couldn't get that down to below 40.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc I try not to rush things too much and just ‘live’ in the game a little, at least during the beginning while I acclimate to the game-world. I find I’m normally about 10% over the stated time to plat.

**** DLC!

Kidfried

It's not often that I earn the platinum for a single player game, when it requires more than one playthrough. But Miles Morales is not a long game, especially if you skip the side stuff, making it a very doable endeavor. Easy even.

It's my seventh platinum trophy this year, meaning I'm still on track for one platinum average per month.

Kidfried

johncalmc

I got the Platinum in Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart. I've got the Platinum Trophy in most Ratchet games, and they're mostly fairly quick and easy, but this one is the quickest and easiest of them all. It's actually almost too quick and easy. You don't even need to play the game a second time on Challenge Mode like normal.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@Kidfried @johncalmc congrats guys.

I've grafting through the second (ridiculously difficult) playthrough of Ashen. I'm now at the last boss, which I'll try and beat tonight when I get home from the office. IF I can beat her, this will go down as far and away the toughest Platinum I've earned... and that's saying something as I've plat'd all bar Sekiro and Demon Souls PS5 of From Softs output (they will be plat'd too, just haven't gotten around to it). Outrageously tough in parts!

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Plat #48 - Ashen - holy **** what a nightmare that Children of Sissna (Hard) playthrough is! I'm normally a very calm gamer but this pushed me to limits I've never known in gaming... and I've been an irritable bugger as a result.

@Jimmer-jammer if you do end up going for the CoS completion, I'll deffo help you out on the last boss... but the way the co-op works is pretty awful. You have to be at the same point in the game both geographically and narratively (which I've only recently found out). So the only part I'll be able to help out on is the last fight... but that fight is a doozie as you'll recall from your normal playthrough.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Congrats!! That’s an impressive platinum to have under your belt. Not sure if I’ll end up going for it on this one. I wanted to at a time and maybe farther down the road I will but with how busy things have been recently it just feels like it wouldn’t be fun, if that makes sense.

Bit of a bummer with how the co-op works. I was thinking I could help from my save (non sissna) but seeing as I’ve beaten the last boss I guess I wouldn’t be able to anyways. That seems like a frustratingly limited multiplayer design but alas, I’ve seen stranger things.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I totally get you... and if I had known quite what a slog that CoS playthrough was going to be, I probably wouldn't have gone for it. But having said that, regardless of the stress I definitely feel a greater sense of satisfaction on doing this than on popping most other plats.

If you do end up going for it, I will be able to help you on Sissna (using my normal difficulty character) as once she is killed the game automatically loads back to just before you fight her, so the offer is there for sure. Just getting to Sissna is an achievement though, the Palace of Lathyrus in CoS very nearly broke me.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic