Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 5,748

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc good to know, I really enjoyed them back in the day but my gaming tastes have changed a little since then. Whether it’s no longer to my taste or if it still hits the mark, I know I’ll love experiencing the story again either way... and I’ll be interested to see how it ends as I never actually finished 3 for some strange reason.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Ralizah

Got the platinum trophy at the end of Persona 5 Royal. Definitely my favorite game in the series to date, and the ease of achieving the trophy is nice after how insane the requirements were for platting the original game. And no grindy nonsense, either, like the navigation line trophy in P4G.

Seeing that trophy pop is a really satisfying way to end a playthrough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

WCB

@Ralizah Cool. That is one game I really want to get to, but I think I should get back to my playthrough of P4G and bag that platinum first.

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

WCB

Yesterday I got the platinum for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope

I liked this story better than Man of Medan, they also made the QTE's easier by giving prompts, but there was this one point where it crashed every single time. Luckily the first 3 times this happened I could just start the game and continue my playthrough from the last save point which was only a minute or two beforehand. Okay no worries. But the 4th and 6th times it occurred it decided to completely corrupt my save data and considering it happens around half way through the game, that's a couple hours lost. And I only had one trophy left to get. The second time it corrupted my save I was starting to get really pissed. That one trophy took me 12 hours to get. I also made some mistaken choices of my own which just compounded the frustration. Depending on when the mistake happens, it's quicker to just finish the game and reload that chapter instead of starting over. And then it still wouldn't pop for reasons.

I started at 9am and by 9pm I was really starting to hate the game, which was disappointing because I really did enjoy it. By this stage I was ready to quit, but after checking out guides all day, a comment on youtube caught my attention. So I reloaded a save of a Solo - Curator's Cut playthrough I had done that day, went to the museum chapter and within 20 seconds I popped the trophy. Seeing the plat come up was a big relief but also an empty feeling. Needless to say I quickly ejected the disc and deleted the game off my PS5 storage.

colonelkilgore

@WCB congrats buddy, sounds like a bit of an ordeal but at least you were able to make it happen in the end.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

After 3 weeks of squeezing in a match of The Last of Us Factions as and when I could, I’ve finally finished both the Firefly and Hunter journeys (so I’ve guaranteed that the platinum is in my own hands, in case TLoUF2 is dropped and all TLoUF players migrate over). It was very tough at first due to the vast majority of TLoUF players being very experienced and very good... and it can be quite toxic to noobs who are struggling to get up to speed (I took some serious abuse at the start there) but by the time I’d completed 164 matches (the bare minimum in the best case scenario) I was not only really enjoying it but felt quite comfortable.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore thanks, that last trophy was frustrating but otherwise I enjoyed the game. I like what Supermassive are doing and have the next preordered already.

Many players left in that tLoU multiplayer? That Plat is still on my to do list.

colonelkilgore

@WCB if you really want to get TLoU mp (factions) done, do it now bud. I got a feeling that Naughty Dog are gonna drop TLoU Factions 2 soon and when they do every single player will drop TLoUF and move on to the sequel.

There are loads of people playing it for the moment though, I was really surprised. You can always find a game, trouble is 95% of the players on there are dead serious and treat it as such... damn good players too. It’s quite the acclimation period.

If you need any tips on how to get your 2 lots of 12 weeks completed (the mp trophies require that you get your group of survivors through a 12 week period for each of the two factions) let me know. I can give you some useful info.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Arugula I don’t play sports games but I’d imagine the platinum is very difficult on them, involving many online matches etc... well done!

**** DLC!

WCB

@colonelkilgore decided to take your advice and began Factions today. I can see why it's has a name as a great multiplayer experience. It's pretty addictive. I just hit week 3 and got my first -60% mission.

Yeah, if you want to share any tips it'll be much appreciated.

colonelkilgore

@WCB nice one dude, hope you enjoy.

So this page was a god send:

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/596-the-last-of-us-multiplayer-...

The basics of which are, don’t worry about any of the +/- missions until you get the 100% potential loss missions (weeks 6, 8, 10, 11 & 12}. When they occur, the best (safest) missions to select are Gift Giving & Healing. I used Gift Giving 1 & 2, and the Healing 1, 2 & 3 on my Firefly run and Gift Giving 1, 2 & 3, and Healing 1 & 2 on my Hunter Run.

Also, when on a 100% potential loss mission, ALWAYS select to play Interrogation (as opposed to Supply Run and Scavenge) as Interrogation will more often than not run longer than the other game-types & therefore provide you with more time to achieve your personal mission and avoid all of your survivors dying.

That’s pretty much it, if you end up having any specific questions though, just @ me and I’ll be sure to get back to you.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

colonelkilgore wrote:

It was very tough at first due to the vast majority of TLoUF players being very experienced and very good... and it can be quite toxic to noobs who are struggling to get up to speed (I took some serious abuse at the start there) but by the time I’d completed 164 matches (the bare minimum in the best case scenario) I was not only really enjoying it but felt quite comfortable.

@colonelkilgore You're basically describing why I've never platinumed the first Tomb Raider reboot, as its multiplayer community became very close-knit and elitist before dying out anyway. It's something I would've liked to have played; your eventual comfort is something I experienced with the Uncharted 4 Multiplayer, despite it having barely any trophies attached, so I always figured I'd get around to enjoying similar with Ms. Croft but, alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Congratulations on surviving that abuse and earning what you needed, and best of luck to @WCB as they get underway with the mode. Here's hoping you find the fun!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger dude, I finished off the plat on Tomb Raider just the other day... it’s very easily achievable. I still have a number of friends going for it if you want me to put you in touch with them?

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Ah, I'm grateful for the offer, but I think I've made my peace with my percentage. Things have moved on, and my current schedule is packed, so making time for multiplayer would be tricky. I had no idea anybody still played it, though, so I'm glad you were able to grab it!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger fair enough Rog. The only people who are playing it now are purely trophy boosters and therefore very co-operative in terms of helping you do the things you need to do to pop the various mp trophies. It probably took me about 15 hours.

You obviously have a full plate though so have fun with the games on your docket 🙏

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Thank you! Should I ever get the urge, it's good to know that there are still trophy boosters out there who'll come together like that. I really like how one of the trophy system's inadvertent side-effects has been to create these helpful little communities.

And yeah, the Mass Effect remasters have been one heck of a brick wall in my backlog. Over a hundred hours played, still another twenty or thirty to go. I miss other games!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger mental note don’t play all three Mass Effects consecutively when I finally get around to starting the Legendary Collection. 🖖

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Just in case anyone is wanting to pop the online trophies for Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2, let me know as I’m gonna be playing them both this month and the next.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, I'd definitely recommend breaks.

Although I've seen many, like @Abarth_71 there, playing them back-to-back with no issue. I think I'm being my own worst enemy, stopping to abuse the Photo Mode every thirty seconds, otherwise I might've been finished by now. If it's not your thing, you might be okay!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic