Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 5,748

RogerRoger

@Sorteddan Congratulations on your 77th platinum, by the way!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Jecht_Ultima Brilliant. I got the reward for Miles Morales before I'd even managed to earn the platinum for either game, even though I was well on my way. Whatever madcap algorithm Sony uses to figure this kinda stuff out needs a serious review!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

mookysam

@nessisonett Yeah, the loss of game shops is a real shame as I always enjoyed popping in whenever I was in town. The pandemic has only accelerated the decline and now my local GAME is gone too. All that's left is CEX. There was a nice little indie store where I'm originally from, but I'm not sure if it's still around.

@RogerRoger I loved Electronics Boutique in the '90s! Those were the days when they actually stocked a wide range of titles and not just chart stuff, and only had small trays of pre-owned titles. HMV and Virgin were really good back then, too.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

RogerRoger

@mookysam I got Tomorrow Never Dies on PSone from an Electronics Boutique, so my subsequent obsession with all things Bond is their fault. I'll never forget / forgive them for that!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@Arugula Obviously the past eighteen months has slightly changed things, but I tried (and will hopefully try again, providing they've survived lockdown) to get my new games from my local branch of GAME, if only because I was in there so often, I'd be able to strike up friendly conversations with the regular staff. Made each new release feel more of an event.

I'm no traditionalist, but it's nice to retain that small element of the good ol' days as "progress" marches us all towards a future of faceless, impersonal service.

Making It So Since 1987

DualWielding

Was wondering if anyone here would be interested in partnering for getting the online trophy in Wreckfest... I had been trying to so it with team games as suggested in another forum but that doesn't seem to work

PSN: Fertheseeker

colonelkilgore

There were two GAME's locally until around 2 years ago, then one closed and now the other has relocated (from a largish store to a small department of a large department store). There is also a CEX.

I find that I make almost all my purchases from Amazon now sadly.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

Used to have 2 GAME stores in the nearest town, plus another one in a Debenhams and a Gamestation. Only got one left before lockdown. Dunno if it is still there as I've not ventured that far since working from home. Most of my purchases these days (even before lockdown) are from a few trusted online sites or digitally.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@DualWielding I’m planning on getting it as I’ll eventually want to plat it (so I have been considering getting the online ones out of the way relatively soonish).

I’m neck-deep on TLoU multiplayer and Ashen atm but I’d be down in a couple of weeks?

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Yeah our remaining one is across the road from a CEX too. Seems to be that way on purpose if most cities have them in close proximity.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@crimsontadpoles @nessisonett Oh yeah, there is a CEX in my nearest town too, round the corner from HMV and GAME is a bit further down. And that is it apart from a smallish sainsbury store which has a very small selection of video games.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

#34 with Spider-Man: Miles Morales. The NG+ run for the final trophy was pretty easy as I only had to focus on the main story which isn't that long at all.

Untitled

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Congratulations! As much as I understand some people's reluctance towards NG+ modes, it's hard to imagine anybody finding a second run of Miles Morales an offensive proposition.

Making It So Since 1987

WCB

Latest Platinum achieved today > The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan

I played this back when it first came out in 2019, but after one go through I was a bit disappointed it wasn't up to snuff. But after getting the plat for Until Dawn early this year I decided I might as well go for the series and I'm glad I did as I found it better this time having to see most of the choice permutations, also knowing what to expect helps.

I'm hoping Little Hope has a better story as I will be starting that one soonish.

Edited on by WCB

Xbox Gamertag: Chrysler2271
PSN: kissoon32
Switch Friend Code: SW-5919-0229-7098

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles @WCB Congratulations to you both!

Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

Mass Effect 2 was my first ever platinum way back in the day on PS3. I got it again in the Legendary collection thing. Much easier the second time around thanks to the trophy changes.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc cool, I was planning on playing through the Legendary trilogy anyway but didn’t know if I had it in me to go through all of the old trophy requirements having played 1 and 2 thoroughly previously. The fact the plat has been made a bit less time consuming means I’ll probably try for all 3.

Congrats on the ‘full-circle’ plat btw 🥳

**** DLC!

johncalmc

I got the Mass Effect 3 platinum too.

@colonelkilgore the trophy lists are much easier and all three games can be just about platinumed in one playthrough (3 requires you to do the first 2 missions of a second playthrough).

johncalmc

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic