Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 5,748

Thrillho

@Matroska Harsh.

Assuming it was from the 14th of April (I got this email 14th May), I’ve completed Disco Elysium, done my challenge mode run on Ratchet and Clank, completed The Pedestrian, platinumed Maneater, completed the first run of Miles Morales, and started on Returnal!

And I don’t think it will have included all of those as I make that out at over 100 trophies 😉

Thrillho

Voltan

Mine says 556 hours and there's no way that's accurate - that would be 17 hours a day on average 😂
Not sure how they arrived at that number - I don't even use rest mode so the console wasn't even on anywhere near that kind of time.

Voltan

FullMetalWesker

Mine's not either - it says I got 71 trophies in 158 hours, whereas my stats on PSNProfiles states I only got 55 trophies between April 14 and May 14 (and 78 trophies for the month of April, so it's not that either), so I'm not sure where they're getting their stats from, but it ain't lining up with what I actually got.

On another topic, I've been recently playing through the Mass Effect Collection and checking the trophy lists, and wow, did they make getting the platinum for 1 so much easier. No Insanity Run (or even Hardcore run) required, the "complete the majority of the game with x party member" has been significantly downgraded to require only 5 with that party member, the "use x ability a certain number of times" now counts party member use if you select it manually (and has been downgraded from 75 to 25), exp has been changed so you can get the max level in a single run; Basically, if it required a second (or third) run, it's been changed so that's no longer the case, which, considering how annoying it was originally (you pretty much needed at least 3 runs with specific set-ups to get everything) is a pretty crazy change.

FullMetalWesker

colonelkilgore

144 trophies, 231 hours and Days Gone was my most played PS+ title... I haven’t played Days Gone since 2019... but in fairness I didn’t play any PS+ title last month.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I thought that as well but if you read it again, I think that stat was the most played PS+ title by everyone for that month.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah I considered that, just thought it strange that they would include that info within a personal stats update... prolly to encourage those PS+ subscribers who are yet to play Days Gone to give it a go but still I would have much preferred a breakdown of ‘my’ most played titles not Sony’s.

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I think it's a genuine stat and just poor messaging, nothing more sinister. And it's not really Sony's most played title though, is it? 🤣 It is everyone that is signed up to PS+.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan @colonelkilgore Ha ha, yeah Sony have totally fooked those up then! There is defo something wrong at their end, as even those yearly stat updates have not been right for me either.

Th3solution

Platinum #30 - Control: Ultimate Edition

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Congratulations on the milestone, my friend! And glad that it was such a memorable and enjoyable game for you to mark it with, too!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

jdv95

so how do you all look at platinumed games that do not have all dlc trophies?

for example the base game for controll is platinumed but because i don't have all dlc trophies the game is stuck at a less than 100 procent total completion rank.

does it stil count or does it devalue it?

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 counts in my book, a plat is a plat is a plat... for me as a trophy hunter, dlc is for games where I enjoyed playing them so much that even though I have earned the platinum I just wanna keep on playing. Some people have a different view but it takes all sorts.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

sorteddan

@jdv95
Totally counts. I couldn't be bothered to get all dlc trophies for control either, but when I check my total trophies it says plats - 77. It's only if you are bothered (compulsive) about the 100% next to the games name, which I'm usually not. In particular for games where I don't own the dlc, I'll happily accept the plat and move on.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

sorteddan

...and on that. Platinum #77 achieved last night for Shadow of War. Have only been playing a couple of hours a week with a mate so it's taken months! An ok game but a a bit repetitive and grindy and plot mostly went over my head - Bjork tree lady was cool though. And as I don't own the dlc, game showing 72% completion.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@jdv95 Not having a 100% completion to correlate with a platinum used to bother me, but now I don’t let it deter me from my platinum accomplishment. It’s getting fairly common and now more often than not there is DLC (Control), add-on content (Astrobot’s Playroom), post-release multiplayer modes (Ghost of Tsushima), post-release NG+ trophies (Spider-Man) which keep my platinum from registering 100%. It’s so common that I think it’s just become a secondary target now to 100% a game separate from getting the platinum. Of course there are also games which I’ve 100%ed (wow, I think I just made up a word) but yet have no platinum to show for it (Firewatch, What Remains of Edith Finch, Inside, etc) so I guess it goes both ways.

Personally, I’m more motivated to go for the platinum and if I 100% something then it’s just icing on the cake. For example, I’m happy with my Astrobot platinum but I haven’t been bothered by the one time trial trophy in the add-on list that I can’t seem to get.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@jdv95 Well, it bothers the heck out of me, but that's only because of my OCD. I will deliberately stop myself from getting a platinum if I know I can't 100% the game's list (for example, I could've easily platinumed Concrete Genie when playing it recently, but there were added VR trophies in a sub-list which I can't get, as I don't have VR) but then I'll also strive to get even-numbered percentages in games where I come up short, so I'm really an extreme case. I got badly burnt by Batman: Arkham Knight years ago, so I'm super-cautious about these kinds of things nowadays.

But that's all personal nonsense, specific to me. A platinum is a platinum, and you should be rightly proud of them all, regardless of your overall percentage. Besides, not everybody can afford DLC, so it wouldn't feel right to sneer at such shortcomings. It's good that (most) platinums aren't behind extra paywalls.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic