Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 5,748

Kidfried

@johncalmc That map... :')

@nessisonett You're extremely fast, haha. And I know that by way of how you've been speeding through the AC games.

Kidfried

sorteddan

Well I've just completed mopping up treasures, journal stuff and conversations on Uncharted 4 giving me around 80% completion. Now the dilemma is whether to grind for the 5 or so remaining and pick up the plat or move on to something else. Generally if the plats achievable without too much effort then I'll give it a go but this would involve two more playthroughs (crushing and speedrun) which is doable but I don't know if I can find the motivation!

Overall it was a fine game, didn't live up to the hype and expectations this caused in my opinion but fine, now I have played 1-4 and have platinum for the first three. Should I just move on? Is it acceptable? I know it's my decision I feel I just need someone to tell me to move on and go find something I enjoy more. Maybe leave it a week or two (not something I'd usually do) until I'm feeling a bit less burned out from it?

Does anyone else have similar compulsions to continue with games they don't particularly want to in pursuit of trophies? (Shiny digital trinkets that have no value or worth except in my imagination!)

Edited on by sorteddan

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Thrillho

@Sorteddan I've never forced myself to replay a game to get a platinum, I've only done it with games I've enjoyed enough to warrant it. And I certainly can't remember the last time I went through on a higher difficulty!

As for myself, I have just completed a replay of Kentucky Route Zero a year after first playing it and picked up the few remaining trophies to get platinum #30 and complete a hat trick after Concrete Genie and Jedi Fallen Order!

Thrillho

render

@Sorteddan I have to agree with @Thrillho on that and usually if something is too much of a chore then I don't bother. I really enjoyed UC4 as well but did find those two trophies a bit hard going and by the time I was finished then I was glad to put it down. I'd like to play it again now though so perhaps sometimes it's good to leave a gap and then come back to it later. I've done that with TLoU 2 for that reason, and again it's a game I enjoyed but not sure I can put the effort in right now and be great to come back to it later.

render

Thrillho

@render TLOU2 is easy on a second run as you can unlock infinite ammo etc and you also start with the gear you finished with so Ellie's part of the story is pretty easy being able to rush through with the silenced machine gun!

Thrillho

render

@Thrillho Thanks for the tip, I think I might do that after I've played through the rest of Spider-Man MM and Control UE, oh and Concrete Genie. Damn PS+ has been too good recently!

render

Thrillho

@render I think they call them “game modifiers” or something which you can unlock and use in NG+

Using infinite ammo makes it pretty easy but also makes it feel like a completely different game when you can Rambo your way through instead!

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Kidfried I DID IT!!! Finally, The Witness’ platinum is mine. Took me about 130-140 tries but finally over. I actually messed up on the pillars for a good 2-3 minutes so I really must have been fast on the other puzzles. I honestly can’t tell if The Challenge was really well designed or just plain mean. It’s like if the Souls games were designed by actual sadists.

Oh and I did end up putting different music on as In The Hall of the Mountain King starts to grate and totally got me freaking out so I ended up getting the platinum to the dulcet tones of Anarchy in the UK by the Sex Pistols 😂😂

Edited on by nessisonett

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

Platinum number 103 is Ratchet & Clank. I often don't bother when these games require a 2nd playthrough but it was good fun getting everything done.

@nessisonett
Nicely done, sounds like a tough one!

LieutenantFatman

Kidfried

@nessisonett Oh sorry, I thought I had already replied to you. Anyway, welcome to the club! What did you think of all the meta stuff in the game, by the way? Art for art sake or brilliant?

@LieutenantFatman Yea, the gameplay is fun enough to warrant another. I just liked the shooty-bang-bang a lot. Can't wait for June!

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried I liked the meta stuff to be honest, especially the voice memos which were really well done and hidden out of the way

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

@Kidfried
Yes, that should be quite an experience! One of the reasons I decided to play this one.
I tried to do the same with the original Oddworld for the same reason as the upcoming sequel, but I wasn't quite as into that.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman Despite my recent post about a game breaking bug in Ratchet and Clank, I’ve gone right back to the beginning and started again. It’s just a good, fun game. I’m just terrified of missing an enemy with the Groovitron! (when I get it again anyway..)

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

@Thrillho
Unlucky, that is a pain. I spam the Groovitron pretty hard so I was ok. Final enemy for it was a killer fish after draining a pool. Almost missed it too as they don't really seem like genuine enemies.

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@LieutenantFatman I had a word document open on my laptop from a site with a list of all enemies. I was ticking them off as I went along to try and make sure I didn’t miss any!

Thrillho

Cornaboyzzz

@nessisonett Wow congrats ! I never got that last trophy.

#305 Borderlands 3 - Nothing revolutionary here. If you're a fan of Borderlands, that is more of the same great fun. And I'm a huge fan !

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

Platinum #44 for me, and my first earned on a PS5, courtesy of Astro's Playroom.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic