Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 5,748

nessisonett

Got the Platinum in Astro’s Playroom there. Absolutely brilliant trophy set for a phenomenal game. Honestly probably the best launch title ever.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

Another platinum for me with Jedi Fallen Order (which I think has been saved to my PSN account!)

Quite a lot pinged all in one go at the end with all holomaps, all crates, all Stims, and the one for exploring the downed ship all coming at once to complete the set.

A very achievable plat (reflected in the 5% completion rate) but there is no way I’d have found some of the collectibles without a guide and the level of backtracking to get them all was a bit tiresome. Luckily I enjoyed the game enough that it wasn’t too much of a chore.

Thrillho

Kidfried

I finally did it and got all the trophies in Control and its expansions. The last one was glitched; made me reset the whole DLC. So I don't have my fully upgraded character anymore, but I guess I'll delete the game from my HDD now anyway.

Kidfried

Kidfried

@Thrillho No, not really. It has a few grindy trophies, but nothing is missable.

Going for the platinum probably doubled the time I would have otherwise put in the game, but the combat was fun throughout so I was ok with it.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Congratulations on the Fallen Order platinum! Like you, I left exploring the wreckage of that Venator-Class Star Destroyer for last, and so got a lot of trophies all at once. Feels like they designed the level and then couldn't fit it anywhere in the story, but it made for a nice bonus area!

Also, I'll just quickly add that I was really sorry to read about what happened to your new console, over in the other topics. I had roughly the same thing happen to my first PS4 (only, perhaps more cruelly, it would start fine and get ten minutes into a game before temporarily bricking itself) and so, for however much it's worth, you have my total understanding and empathy. Here's hoping for a speedy fix.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger The Venator also looks incredible from the outside!

It was kind of sad that after lamenting the death of my console, one of my first thoughts was “god, I hope my trophies synched!” Luckily it has and I also managed to get the few screenshots I took with it uploaded too.

As an aside, the ability to upload screenshots in batches of six on the PS5 is very welcome!

Thrillho

redd214

Finally finished up Rage 2 for #95. The name is very appropriate as I've literally been raging all day lol. It has the absolute worst kind of trophies, collectables that spawn randomly are extremely missable and with a completely bugged tracking system. You have to destroy 30 drones and my trophy didn't pop until I destroyed 62 ugh. At least it's over but damn what a pain!

redd214

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Yeah, I didn't take half as many shots of it as I should've done. I figured I should leave something new to capture during another inevitable replay someday.

And that's not sad, I'd have thought the same (well... okay, either it's not sad, or we're both sad)!

Glad you were able to salvage those screencaps. That does sound like an upload improvement. Are you sending them directly to a social media profile somewhere, then?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@redd214 Blimey, that sounds like a nightmare! Well done for persevering!

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger yeah it definitely was. My in laws were at our house so I had a good reason to lock myself in the game room and get it done haha!

redd214

MaulTsir

@Kidfried congrats on the Control plat, I recently just completed the game but didn't have it in me to go for the plat. So well done. Out of curiosity how long did it take to plat? I had 15hrs clocked that was to complete the game with a few side missions done.

MaulTsir

JohnnyShoulder

@MaulTsir It took me around the 60 hour mark to platinum Control. I am officially the slowest gamer in the world though, so you could probably half that, if not more to get a better picture of a more typical time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@MaulTsir I would expect about double that time. And also the trophies took up quite some time too (especially the bugged one!).

But I know I'm a slow gamer: I read the lore and fool around a lot in general.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

I don't think anyone is @Kidfried! 🤣

That was done in just over two weeks though. I do have a habit of leaving games paused whilst doing boring real life stuff.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

johncalmc

@JohnnyShoulder It took me around that for Control - which according to PSNProfiles is 4 times as long as it should to get the platinum. My big problem with it was navigation. There were huge stretches where I had absolutely no idea where I was supposed to be going or what I was supposed to be doing or how to get there even if I did. I bet half of that time could be shaved off if it wasn't for that confusion.

johncalmc

Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@johncalmc That one big vertical area i was always getting lost in.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder @Kidfried @johncalmc It took me about 12 to 15 hours to platinum. Not a massively long time but I did quite a lot of the work along the way. Apparently it was 4 days in real time.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic