Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 5,748

nessisonett

@redd214 @RogerRoger Yep, I’ve had some decent success streaming from PS Now. Fallout New Vegas looks and plays rough but then it did on PS3 as well! The Silent Hill HD Collection honestly feels better than it ever did on the original console though, despite my misgivings about the loss of atmosphere and worse voices. Killzone on the other hand was just a little bit laggy control wise to feel fun. I’ll need to source an original copy for that one, although I’m not sure if I can be bothered.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett There are a couple of games on PS Now which I'd be interested to test in comparison with my physical copies because, like you say, many multiplatform PS3 games were poorly optimised to begin with. They've got Batman: Arkham Origins and Sonic Unleashed on there, both of which struggle on PS3, so I'm curious as to whether I'd be able to spot any streaming issues. The prospect of a slight performance improvement for my back-catalogue is what could tip me over the edge someday.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger I don't think Stadia's problem was it coming too soon moreso just Google being involved lol. Their habit of quickly folding things before they even have a chance and not learning especially from some of PS Now's early pricing mistakes I think we all could've saw this coming. Shame too as the actual streaming of Stadia worked the best out of all of them from my experience.

redd214

nessisonett

@redd214 GeForce Now honestly works pretty well in my experience. That one’s really exciting since it also uses a web app but supports Steam games. Being able to play Steam games on an Xbox is a game changer.

redd214

@nessisonett never used it myself not having an Xbox nor being a PC gamer, glad it's working out for ya though!!

redd214

nessisonett

@redd214 Ahh, I don’t have an Xbox myself as I used it on mobile a bit but there was an article on PureXbox talking about using the onboard browser to stream games!

JohnnyShoulder

I dunno, whenever I've used PS Now for streaming I've not been impressed with the results at all. It's either laggy or there is lot of pixilation. I've not tested it since I've got a PS5, but unless there has been a massive improvement to the service and to the internet infrastructure in some countries, I don't seeing it being the main player for this gen.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

johncalmc

I actually got the platinum in a few games on PS Now and it was mostly fine. After I moved my PS4 to the other side of the living room it became basically unusable though. I wonder if it's any better on PS5. Can only hope. If it is I might actually get back on it since there were more games on there I wanted to play.

johncalmc

Twitter:

BearsEatBeets

After adding Platinum #66 and #67 recently with Oxenfree and Spider-Man Remastered I've just added #68 with Ratchet and Clank. For a newbie to the series I had a lot of fun even considering I had to play the whole thing again for the Plat. Nothing specular but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, probably as it was quite a departure from a lot of what I usually play. Certainly looking forward to Rift Apart now.
Spider-Man was a lot of fun to play through again and I spread out all the street crimes over daily short sessions to mop up at the end. I'm quite chuffed I picked up all the 'Remastered' specific trophies such as clearing a base without getting hit and the 100 hit combo. Getting the latter certainly gives me a little hope I can get it for Miles Morales as it's part of that games main list and not something I thought I would could likely manage. I'm going to do all the DLC again soon too.

A pretty good start to 2021 trophy-wise for me. Apparently I got 164 trophies in Feb, my second best month ever after April '17 when I got 200. 7 Platinums so far this year when I got 9 for the entirety of last year. I probably won't keep up this pace though but it's been nice to finish stuff up properly and clear my backlog some.

Contenders lined up next include AC Valhalla (which I'm slowly plowing through), Miles Morales (second playthrough) and seeing if the Resi remakes are manageable for me. Also going back to Judgement but don't consider it one worth going for the Plat.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Cornaboyzzz

@BearsEatBeets I just completed Oxenfree too ! I need two more playthroughs for trophies so I'll go back to it later. I liked it, it was cool. 1€ is a steal !

#304 F1 2020 - Well, it's basically the same thing as the last one, but better. MyTeam is a nice addition, but I'm more into driving. This one's platinum is easier than the previous games.

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

@BearsEatBeets Congratulations on your trilogy of platinums! Like you, I was a newcomer to Ratchet & Clank and didn't mind sticking around to collect its platinum, either. Very enjoyable game and, as a result, it's less a question of if I'll ever play Rift Apart now, and more a question of when.

And great news about the Spider-Man Remastered trophies as well, because that'll be one of my first ports of call when I get my PS5. Best of luck with Valhalla and Miles Morales!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets I didn’t realize Spider-Man remastered had some unique trophies. I don’t typically replay games but that a nice incentive to. I’ll probably play MIles Morales first and see if I still feel the need to go back.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

HallowMoonshadow

RogerRoger wrote:

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Congratulations on Platinum No.9 there! Any idea what'll be the big one-zero?

No idea whatsoever in the slightest @RogerRoger! Could be the year 2033 by the time I hit that next platinum! 😅

... Though ironically Danganronpa 1.2 reload is only 6 trophies away from 100%. It'd be a bit grinder then it's spinoff of Ultra Despair girls but achievable at the very least!

Sorry for the rather late reply but returning to work has unsurprisingly kept me rather busy!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy No apology necessary; here's hoping it hasn't been an overwhelming return, and that you're staying safe. Aren't the Danganronpa games on PS Vita? So you could take that in with you and sneakily work towards the platinum whilst the kids have their heads down!

Making It So Since 1987

HallowMoonshadow

I am staying safe thank you very much @RogerRoger 😊

First day was a bit hectic but I'm back into the swing of things once again (I was starting to get a bit of cabin fever so I am relieved to be working once again)

Alas I don't have a Vita! I have the 1 & 2 collection on PS4 which doesn't separate the trophy lists for each game with only one platinum. Though that doesn't really bother me all that much!

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BearsEatBeets

@Cornaboyzzz I did my first playthrough ages ago and only just now got around to the other 2. The mean run is quite fun and luckily the silent one can be done pretty quick as it is less interesting.

@RogerRoger Cheers. Likewise I'm not sure if it's a day one but I will definitely get it at some point. I look forward to seeing some cool Ray-traced Spidey pics when you play it.

@Th3solution Yeah I didn't realise until I started playing and a trophy came up I didn't recognise from the original. There are 5 in total which add a little extra. I quickly replayed the remaster before MM to refamiliarise myself with everything that happened and get to experience 'new Pete' from the start. I went back to it after finishing MM to do all the other stuff for the Plat.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

render

@BearsEatBeets I've just platinumed remastered and also had that one trophy left on the remastered trophies section to clear out. I managed to do it with one of the Kingpin construction sites but glad I didn't try it with some of the ones from the DLC as they got really ridiculous even to just finish them. Just started MM last night and so far it's looking like there's a few changes between the original and this but should make it interesting.

render

sorteddan

As with others on here, most recent plat achieved this afternoon (#74) with Oxenfree. Fairly interesting story but maybe drags a bit with the multiple walkthroughs needed for all trophies
Agree with @BearsEatBeets, the mean playthrough is most amusing... just pick the responses you think will annoy everyone the most.
Now back to picking up some random trophies from Uncharted 4 which I completed yesterday, really not sure if I'm aiming for plat but can't leave it with the @30% I got from finishing it on hard setting!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Glad the return to work is helping, but it's a shame you can't game under the table in between lessons! I'm sure you'll have the platinum soon enough, if you want it. That actually sounds quite logical to me, merging the trophy lists in the re-release. Keeps things tidy!

@BearsEatBeets Yeah, I know what you mean. Let's be honest, Rift Apart will end up on PS Plus before our PS5s all implode, but the right price point could get me playing it sooner.

And thanks! I'll try not to disappoint, although I fear it may end up consuming me!

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Platinumed Concrete Genie before my PS+ sub expires.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic