Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,501 to 1,520 of 5,729

colonelkilgore

Plat #36: Dying Light done. Really good fun, playable, well produced, great in single and multi-player (still even though it’s like 6 years old), decent skills progression... just well worth a look if you haven’t previously.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

So looks like Remnant from the Ashes is available on PS+ next month. There are a few co-op requirements for the plat, so if anyone is interested I'll be up for some co-op. I'm booked for March but gonna play it April.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

I spent probably about an hour trying to get the 'Overdesign II' trophy in AC Valhalla this morning. Anyone done this and maybe have any idea what I'm missing?
Trophy description (While on fire during a fight, kill 3 hard difficulty soildiers without breaking their shields)

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets it is ‘apparently’ notoriously glitchy. A lot of people seem to be suggesting killing 5+ hard enemies during a combat sequence (even though it should only take 3).

Many people seem to point towards this particular video guide:

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore I watched something similar and it's pretty much the method I tried but appreciate the link. I've since read a few more things to try which aren't in anyway in the trophy description. One is a few more kills as you mention, another involves making sure to extinguish yourself in-between kills and the other travelling to another town and doing it to one more shield enemy nearby. I'll try them all tomorrow but it seems pretty ridiculous, whoever came up with this trophy needs a slap!

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Cornaboyzzz

I bought the Instant Indie Collection Vol. 5 for 1.44€ (!!) and I got a couple plats from it.

#301 The Little Acre - A (very) small and forgettable point & click, not really bad but way too short and easy. I'm talking about a 1-2 hour platinum.

#302 Human Fall Flat - A very interesting game based on physics, I really liked it and there's a lot of free DLC available. Plus the trophy list is really fun.

Third game was Manual Samuel, but it was just dumb and not interesting, I deleted it.

UPDATE :

#303 ArtPulse - I bought this VR experience for 1€ and I thought, why not ? It's like a VR drawing experience where you combine shapes and colors, it's nice and relaxing but it's not a game. I have no idea why there's a platinum trophy in it but it's achievable in 15 minutes. Fastest plat ever !

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

MaulTsir

Platinum no.3 Days Gone Finally!! Over the moon with this one, not particularly hard just long and grind I've played for 67 hours to the plat.

MaulTsir

render

@MaulTsir Really enjoyed getting that one myself and really enjoyed the game in general.

It's annoying that it doesn't show as 100% on the main trophy screen as well due to it having the survival mode, challenge mode and new game+ trophies. Has anyone bothered tidying those ones up? They look like too much effort!

I'm one trophy away from getting the platinum on Spider-Man Remastered, just need to get all the suites which I require more challenge tokens for. Some of those can be a bit of a chore but I think there's some in the DLC packs which are easier to get than trying to max out the ones in the main game.

render

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore cheers mate, I feel.....relieved 🤣 I'm glad I did it, feel like I got to experience more of the game, there was a couple of grind ones but every trophy was accessible in 1 playthrough which to me makes alot more sense I feel like I've achieved what the game has to offer rather then just wasting hours chasing trophies that have nothing to do with the game or forcing you to play more than once.

It's only my 3rd platinum and it was on a pretty big game so overall I feel good 🤣

MaulTsir

colonelkilgore

@MaulTsir yup, I feel relief after pretty much every plat. The thought that after all those hours you could stumble onto some unheard of glitch a trophy or two away has always filled me with angst.

I'm one item away (out of around 200 overall items) from popping a gold trophy on Immortal: Unchained (a bloody difficult indie souls-like with guns), which in turn would pop the plat. Its been like that for around three years, every now and then I boot it up and hope I might get that last drop but no dice. It hangs over me on a daily basis to this day!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@MaulTsir Congratulations on your well-earned platinum! It's awesome when each one is an event. Sure sounds like you put the work in, so be proud!

@colonelkilgore Oh, the panic of potential platinum problems! I still remember the immediate hollow feeling in my gut after I'd worked so hard to platinum Tomb Raider Legend on PS3 and its final notification took an abnormally long time to ping. I had Lara standing atop a crate in her home, having just picked up the game's last hidden collectible, and I broke out into a cold sweat because it took a good thirty seconds for the trophies to catch up with themselves. Not nice!

@render Best of luck getting that shiny new Spidey platinum in the coming days!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

MaulTsir

@colonelkilgore ouch 3 years! That's some dedication, I had a trophy on days gone that took me days to pop and I felt like giving up 🤣 I hope you manage to get it

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

redd214

Got #94 over the weekend playing Wreckfest. Perfect weekend game, 100% streamed the entire thing through PS Now and didn't have one hiccup. The streaming quality has definetly been improving steadily, hope we get it on phones/tablets soon!

redd214

Fight_Teza_Fight

Platinum #25, Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution.

This has been a lonooong time coming. So this is a re-release of Legacy of the Duelist with added content, that I 100% as well last year.
The original however did not come with a platinum, despite having the exact same trophy list (word for word) bar 1. I found this out after already committing over 100 & achieving 90+% of the trophy’s (I never checked if it did have a platinum...).

Well I finally got the platinum for this game.

Got my first trophy on the 18th May 2016, got the platinum on 9th March 2021.
Unbelievable.

Also PSN has the platinum for this game at 90 hours. No way is that right. It’s probably closer to 150 hours.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

sorteddan

@Fight_Teza_Fight
150 hours spread over five years isnt a massive average.
Good work though, I admire the commitment.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

RogerRoger

@redd214 Congratulations, and glad that PS Now held up throughout! That's hope for the future.

@Fight_Teza_Fight Blimey, and I thought I dragged things out playing Battlefront II for two years! A well-earned platinum right there, I'd say! Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger Thanks! I usually download from ps now but didn't feel like doing the storage management dance so figured may as well just stream it. Was indistinguishable from have it installed, Streaming is def. going to be a huge part of gaming moving forward.

redd214

HallowMoonshadow

I'm not much of a trophy hunter but seeing as I only had 6 trophies left after finishing Ultra Despair Girls I decided to go for the platinum.

Getting Komaru up to lvl 99 was the most time consuming thing and I basically had to replay an entire chapter to get one file I never would've known about behind a hidden wall (That featured Taro... The Sony cat mascot thing in Japan). I was skipping every bit of dialogue though so it only took me a couple of hours this evening to finish up the list and pop my 9th platinum.

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

RogerRoger

@redd214 Yeah, I feel that Stadia was only a mistake insofar as it being about a decade too soon. It's good to know that streaming can hold up, because it's gonna need to, the way things are going.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Congratulations on Platinum No.9 there! Any idea what'll be the big one-zero?

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic