Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 5,758

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman hey, got all the s ranks on MGS: Peace Walker now... don’t suppose you could help me out with the Divine Wind trophy when you get 10 minutes free?

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@colonelkilgore
Wow, that was fast work, well done! I just have the one mission to go, locate id card. Just need to ace that cut scene at the end, haha.

I don't have the rifle for divine wind unfortunately, a friend assisted me with that one back in 2013. I think it's quite difficult to get hold of?

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman ahh ok, yeah I hate rng drops for items required for trophies. Never mind, I’ll get grinding tomorrow afternoon and hopefully it’ll drop within the next few attempts.

And yeah, had a really productive last 24 hours, s ranked my last main mission and around 40 extra ops. I’d scheduled MGS: PW to be done and dusted by the time February starts and I might just get there.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Does anyone know if Control: Ultimate Edition (PS+ in Feb) on the PS5 will have a separate trophy list? I really enjoyed Control and wouldn’t mind playing through the whole thing again... and getting another plat would be a nice carrot.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

colonelkilgore wrote:

I distinctly remember a conversation with a mate when Sony were first about to introduce trophies and I just thought it stupid... just couldn’t see the point.

I recently had a similar flashback whilst replaying Quantum of Solace. It was the second game I ever played on my PS3, and the first didn't have trophy support, so I had no idea trophies were even a thing. When one suddenly popped mid-gunfight, it made me jump. I can still recall the exact tone of the "Oh, no!" which I exhaled. I hated the idea of a notification interrupting my gameplay, and raged for months when I realised I couldn't deactivate them.

Sufficed to say, I've long since changed my tune.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger well, a man who can’t change his mind can change absolutely nothing... so I like to think we can both take positives from how our respective opinions have 180’d here.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Oh, heck yeah. Opinions are for challenging, testing and changing. Plus I'm well-proud of my 43 (and counting!) platinums, so I can't hate them!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger nice, and so you should be... and as I remember us discussing MGS: Peace Walker (as well as 4 and Rising) the other day, I should have that plat’d sometime on Saturday by my reckoning. It’ll be my slightly more modest 35th.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Nicely done; best of luck polishing off the list! I'd seen you mention your progress in other discussions over the past few weeks. I'll be honest, when you said it was your intention to platinum those games, part of me wondered whether you'd manage to stick it out. Most impressive!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I get you, it’s been a marathon and a half. Still the more hours I’ve put in the more I’ve appreciated it.

@Bentley-Ma- nice one, that’s good news that... one of my favourite games that I played last year.

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore I'm glad; my comment was most certainly pertaining to the challenging nature of the list, and not your personal skills and ability to unlock them!

I think I read somewhere that some MGS games had the most abandoned platinum attempts.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger yeah not at all mate but even if you were it’s no biggie, I’d consider myself a fairly average gamer in terms of skill... got an iron will though!

And yeah after plat’ing MGSV and (fingers crossed) soon to have done so on Peace Walker it’s easy to see why there is such an abandon rate. I’m intrigued and masochistally excited to test my will against 2, 4 and Rising... and would not be at all surprised if they got the better of me rather than the other way around.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

So even though I’ve ‘loosely’ planned out my 2021 as far as gaming goes (& 2022 for that matter... though even looser) I was tempted to insert Monster Hunter World in place of one of my 2021 games as I ‘ve heard amazing things about it and like me some co-op if I have a great partner.

The I checked the ‘Time to Plat’ so I could work out where I could slot it in... and over 300 hours! I just don’t think a full time job enables me to sink THAT much time into just one game when I have over 200 games in my backlog.

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

#298 Salt and Sanctuary - A nice 2D Souls-like but the art style is average at best. A bit challenging at times but really short.

@colonelkilgore MH World's platinum just isn't worth the pain. It's only based on random drops, farming and luck. It could take way more than 300 hours if you're unlucky. It's a great game though, but I would never bother with the trophies.

Did I mention that Iceborne is another 300 hours ? ^^

Congrats for MGS V by the way, great achievement !

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz nice, what you got planned for #300? I might get there by Playstation 7 or 8 😉.

Crazy about MHW and Iceborne, at least there ‘is’ a Plat for Iceborne though I suppose what with it kinda being an expansion and all. In fairness MGSV took me around 180 hours but by the end of that I just really wanted to start some thing new, I was probably starting to feel that from around 140 hours onwards (& I absolutely loved MGSV). So 300 hours for MHW and 400 hours (I know you said another 300 but just checked Playstation trophies and they say it’s more than the original) for Iceborne is a BIG ask. Pretty much a year of gaming right there give or take.

I might give one of the God Eater games a go to see how I get on with the genre... I know that their not anywhere near the overall package of Monster Hunter but it’ll give me an idea of whether I click with it. Then if I’m all about it, I might be more inclined to consider a 700 hour time sink.

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore I'm starting Hellblade right now, then #300 will probably be Borderlands 3, or maybe Moss (the VR game).

I usually don't bother with over-farming or luck-based trophies, I feel like I'm just wasting time that I could spend on new experiences. In MHW, you need miniature and giant crowns for every monster, and the average drop rate is 3-5%. I just don't see myself spending 30 minutes on a monster just hoping for an item, and trying again dozens of times because it doesn't drop. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I know that God Eater 2 is on PS Now, but I haven't tried it. It looks a bit rough around the edges though, God Eater 3 seems way better.

Cornaboyzzz

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz heard good things about Hellblade, I have it in my backlog too so would be interested to hear your thoughts on it post-plat.

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

@colonelkilgore no problem it'll be quick, the game is really short. My first hour was far from impressive though, we'll see.

Cornaboyzzz

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore @Cornaboyzzz Monster Hunter World is a fantastic game and one I sunk many hours into, and still finished with around a 65% trophy level.

Some of the least acquired trophies are to do with hunting giant and miniature versions of the beasts which are complete fluke as to whether they appear or not. I don't have the trophies for even getting a small number of either, let alone "for many monsters in your hunting log" like the gold trophies list.

As for Hellblade, I loved the game. I actually completed it all in one sitting as I pulled an all-nighter before starting a run of night shifts. In fact, I managed to hunt down a review of the game I wrote on here;

https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/retro_and_other_gaming/game...

I'm gutted I missed the platinum for the game as it is very achievable as all but one trophy is story related. The final one requires you to find lorestones and the game has no chapter select and I don't think has multiple save slots so miss one and you'll need to do the whole game again!

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic