Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 5,748

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore @johncalmc It was thanks to some of the specific trophies that I stuck around in certain Hitman levels, and learned to fully appreciate their design... but yes, how dare we play games for enjoyment, right? We need our rewards, gosh darn it!

@redd214 Congratulations! Looking forward to snagging it for myself this summer.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger Thanks! Was my GOTY by a mile in 2020, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Definitely a very trophy hunter friendly game as well!

redd214

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger

That’s kind of a comment on how trophies have kinda ‘opened-up’ gaming in general to me... not just how it allowed you to get more appreciation on Hitman. Some of the times I’ve had to chase a trophy, doing something that my particular play-style would never naturally lend itself to without a ‘push’... have been some of the best gameplay experiences I’ve had. I find that trophy hunting, particularly Plat hunting really pushes you out of your gaming comfort zone.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@redd214 Yeah, I really enjoyed the list from the first game; was quite pleasant to platinum, so absolutely anticipate sticking with Miles Morales until I've gotten another.

@colonelkilgore Agreed. Whilst there is a flipside (chasing a trophy rather than just sitting back, relaxing and enjoying an experience can arguably ruin things) I'd argue that it's more often a positive experience than not. When I realised that I could platinum Star Wars: Battlefront II because my only outstanding trophies were for classes and weapons I'd barely touched before, it was kinda exciting to discover whole new ways to play the same game. I've also been driven to play on tougher difficulty levels by a good trophy or two, proving to myself that I can have some skills, if I want them.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

redd214

@RogerRoger much simpler and easier than the first one. Pretty much just 100% the map and do a new game plus run which took me about 2.5 hours this morning. A few combat and random trophies sprinkled in but not difficult at all. My game clock says 16 hours so a quick one as well!

redd214

RogerRoger

@redd214 Good to know, cheers! I'll have quite a big PS5 backlog by the summer, so it'll be nice to have something quick and easy to slot in between other, more time-consuming games.

Making It So Since 1987

Cornaboyzzz

Not a plat, but I just 100% Hitman 2 + DLC, that's 146 trophies !

Incredible game, truly underrated. Can't wait for the third one, with a plat this time. ^^

Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

#294 Wreckfest - A huge load of fun, especially with the wheel ! Nice and easy plat, online wins can be boosted with a friend.

#295 Days Gone - A pretty solid game, clearly better than what the critics said. Nothing revolutionary but it works really well, and it looks AMAZING (or maybe it's boosted on PS5 ?). Plat is easy but too long.

#296 Maneater - A funny game but too repetitive, better in short sessions. Quick and easy plat.

@Arugula Thanks !

Edited on by Cornaboyzzz

Cornaboyzzz

nessisonett

@Cornaboyzzz 296!!! I’m on 10 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Cornaboyzzz

@johncalmc Nice one !

#297 The Pathless - I didn't like it at first, but then it gets better once you start to unlock upgrades. Overall it wasn't bad, and boss fights are amazing. Easy plat.

Cornaboyzzz

MightyDemon82

13 Sentinels platinum now done, what a great game that was and done in just under 40 hours. That makes 22 for me now, question is do I go back and finish some already started games or play something new!

MightyDemon82

johncalmc

@colonelkilgore I have no idea. I know I started it the day before New Year's Eve though. So a while. If it wasn't for one really annoying trophy - reach level 50 - it would be a super fun platinum actually. That last one took hours of grinding though because by the time I'd finished everything else I was only level 42.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@johncalmc that doesn’t sound too bad actually, I remember playing it back in the day (2 profiles ago) way before I ever considered chasing trophies and I must’ve put well over 300 hours in. If I could remember my details I’d be interested to see what trophies were left to get actually.

Congrats anyway, glad you enjoyed.

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@johncalmc @colonelkilgore Skyrim was my very first Platinum back on the PS3. I was never much of a trophy hunter until I added a new workmate to my friends list and he was my first friend with a higher trophy level/score (I have a small friend list). It prompted my competitive spirit and I noticed I was close to the Skyrim one as I had played loads anyway.
I had to start a second playthrough though as I had made one of the daedric artifacts unobtainable through a quest choice.
A couple of times I have pondered getting the PS4 version and doing it again as it's a great game but it is a big time sink and I have other stuff to play.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

johncalmc

@BearsEatBeets I think I could probably still Platinum it on PS3, actually. If I had it on PS3. And if I could be bothered to use my PS3. Which I can't.

johncalmc

Twitter:

colonelkilgore

@BearsEatBeets isn’t it strange how the trophy chasing bug takes hold? I distinctly remember a conversation with a mate when Sony were first about to introduce trophies and I just thought it stupid... just couldn’t see the point.

Then after eventually popping my first plat many years later, I have bit by bit got more hooked on the hunt. It’s definitely accentuated my enjoyment of gaming too.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

BearsEatBeets

@colonelkilgore Definitely, it can seem kind of silly but it can really help you get more out of games. There can be something very satisfying about that little trophy pop-up when trying to do something tricky. I never take it as far as doing something that's not fun or getting a game just for an easy Plat but will occasionally do something slightly grindy if it's a game I like. Getting the 50 crossbow headshot deaths in the Witcher took a while and isn't something I'd have done otherwise.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic