Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 5,747

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho

Yeah I wasn’t complaining that I didn’t think it was fair, if anything I was trying to communicate that I appreciated the challenge it posed. It wasn’t the Bridal dresses for me but The Ultimate Weapon Trophy that was the potential Platinum blocker. Not that Pride and Joy was difficult but beating Bahamut and Iffrit in round 4 was tough... I muddled through though.

Not really a FPS fan so never played any of the Call of Duty games but I’ll take your word on it that it was tough. My first Plat was Bloodborne and it held its challenges, particularly beating the Challis Dungeon Amygdala on the way to Yarnham, Pthumerian Queen. Also, I’ve just reinstalled Sekiro and I think that will be one of my hardest earned plats when it pops. Beating Owl Father at the Hirata Estate after dying to him around 50 (maybe more) times will live with me forever. So glad I fought him on NG, so I didn’t have to beat him on any of the + runs.

As @RogerRoger stated though, I’m probably going to be facing even tougher challenges than that this coming year with MGS: PW, MGS 4 and Metal Gear Rising.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Cornaboyzzz

Since you talk about your proudest platinums, mine is Trackmania Turbo (0.60% on PSNProfiles). I don't think I'll persist so much in a game ever again. I was on the edge of madness. ^^

Cornaboyzzz

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Oddly enough, I never had a problem with Metal Gear Rising in general (despite being allergic to challenging gameplay). Its parry system is fair and obvious. Harder difficulties just ramp up the onslaught, to the point where I think I bugged out on its ultra-tough setting, but otherwise trained myself to do alright. Be interested to read your thoughts as and when, although you've got a lot of Metal Gear to get through chronologically before you reach it.

There are a couple of platinums I'll remember for the required challenge, sure, but a lot of mine are what some would call "low-hanging fruit". Despite this, I've often put myself through a nightmare for an individual gold or silver trophy, only to miss out on a platinum because of multiplayer or time trial trophies making up the rest of a game's list. This is why I have the platinum for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS3, but not on PS4 (and yet, I've completed all six Uncharted games on Crushing). There was also "I Am The Night" mode in Batman: Arkham Origins, a permadeath NG+ which was one of the hardest things I've ever completed, but the game's multiplayer trophies kept me from the platinum.

But yeah, there are some. Sonic Forces was my most recent, requiring days of trial and error to narrow down and achieve a dozen minute-long speedruns. I captured footage of a few, just to remind myself of how good I got, because I'll never play that well again!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@Cornaboyzzz

Think I read earlier on this thread that you were nearing 300... that’s crazy, and impressive. Thankfully I’m not much of a racing fan so I’ll never have to go through the trouble you had with Trackmania.

@RogerRoger

Well, I’ll definitely be coming to you for some advice when I finally make it to Metal Gear Rising, I have a feeling that I’ll be needing it.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

I’ve now gotten the trophy in AC Origins for clearing every single location on the map. Now I just have to witness raining bugs in the desert which could take either 5 minutes or 5 hours, and kill 30 enemies with the oil jar things. Could have sworn I’d shot at loads of jars but it might not have counted for whatever reason. Anyway, should hopefully have platinum #10 by tomorrow!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Always happy to help, but I'm sure you'll do fine!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

The first two plats of 2021 (33 & 34) today, so not a bad start on my goal of 18 for the year. Couple of easy ones (Bugsnax and The Wolf Among Us), MGS: Peace Walker, Sekiro and Dying Light are next on the list.

**** DLC!

nessisonett

Platinum #10 is mine, that’s Assassin’s Creed Origins’ base game done! Onto the DLC now, dunno if I’ll try to 100% the trophies in them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

johncalmc

I got the Platinums in Batman: Arkham Knight, Undertale, Habroxia, Concrete Genie, The Sinking City, The Council, Tacoma, and then my girlfriend goaded me into playing Skyrim so my Christmas run came to a screeching halt.

johncalmc

Twitter:

redd214

Just finished up Days Gone for plat number 91 after getting Dirt 5 (ps4) and Astros Playroom last week. About half way done with Dirt 5 (ps5) but have had 4 trophies glitch on me already so waiting for a patch to complete. Days gone was really a gem, very underrated imo. Probably about 10 hours to long, but still a great game. Hope it gets a sequel!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Did your Arkham Knight platinum include grabbing all the DLC trophies, or did you just stick with the main game's list?

Because if you've gotten 100% of the DLC trophies, well... bravo.

Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

@RogerRoger I did all of the story DLCs but didn't get all of the trophies for them. And I didn't touch those batmobile races because after playing Arkham Knight for forty hours the last thing I wanted was more batmobile.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Gotcha. Some of the Batmobile races were tough to ace, but never cruel (and they're just time trials, so there's no Bat-Tank nonsense). It was actually the Community Challenge trophy list which infuriated me, as it asks the impossible in terms of combat and stealth gameplay.

Making It So Since 1987

johncalmc

@RogerRoger I forgot, I actually did do one of the races. I think it was the 60s batmobile one. I did it because I wanted the AR star for that trophy and I was bored of the tank missions. I aced that one so maybe the batmobile races are not so bad.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@johncalmc You've got to be in the right headspace for them, I'll give you that. Being a big fan helps, because the ones based on the movies are packed with references!

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

So for any Hitman fans out there, Hitman 3 will have a Platinum trophy (something the previous two games did not have),

**** DLC!

RogerRoger

@colonelkilgore Yeah, it shouldn't matter, but it does. I worked really hard on some Hitman 2 trophies, and I'd have been tempted to go for the lot had there been a platinum. It'll be nice to have one to aim for, and to go alongside my three other Hitman platinums.

Making It So Since 1987

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger agreed, it 'shouldn't' matter but it did prevent me from going for every trophy on the first Hitman (first if this recent trilogy anyway). Havent even started the second one but do intend to at some point. The first one was great.

**** DLC!

johncalmc

I was excited when I saw Hitman 3 had a Platinum. I actually got 100% of the trophies on quite a few of the missions on Hitman and then I realised I was playing the game for fun rather than a Platinum like a schmuck so I never finished that project. I will probably Platinum Hitman III though.

johncalmc

Twitter:

redd214

Just got the gong on Miles Morales for Plat number 92! Special game for a number of reasons, perfect length imo and a very easy enjoyable experience. Hope we get some DLC for it soon enough!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic