Forums

Topic: The trophy discussion thread.

Posts 1,321 to 1,327 of 1,327

johncalmc

@RogerRoger The challenge maps are really annoying and not fun in the slightest if I'm honest. If I'd known how boring they'd be I wouldn't have bothered with the platinum, but by the time I got to them I'd already spent ages doing the Riddler things so I felt like I was past the point of no return.

While I'm here, I also got the platinum in Five Dates.

johncalmc

Twitter:

RogerRoger

@johncalmc Yeah, even in the wake of the Riddler trophies, I just couldn't muster the motivation to persevere, which is a shame. As it stands, the only Arkham platinum I've earned is from the PS Vita spin-off, Arkham Origins Blackgate (although I've earned it twice, after it was ported to PS3). I'm not counting the one from Arkham Knight, not after Rocksteady went back on their word and added insidious DLC trophies which ruined my perfect percentage. Curse them!

After four years (eighteen if you count playing the game since its original release, back in the glory days of the good ol' PS2) I've finally 100%'d Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

The final trophy included in the PS4 port was an absolute nightmare. It's not a platinum, but I'm just as proud of it, especially considering it has a 0.1% rarity rating. It requires you to capture all 150 of the game's secondary bounties... alive. Ignoring the fact that many of them are designed to be brought in dead. Ignoring the fact that some stand in the middle of two-dozen, top-tier enemies. Ignoring the fact that the game's AI is the height of PS2 jank, meaning many of your panicked prey will happily walk into blaster fire or, worse, off a freakin' cliff in order to avoid being caught. Ignoring the fact that there are up to fifteen in each level and, if you screw up catching a single one, you've got to restart from the beginning (and oh yes, the hardest to grab are always right at the very end, because rage).

Whoever thought up the requirement for the trophy is a ruthless, sadistic individual. Why wasn't it just a nice and simple "claim every secondary bounty" reward? Why?!

Mercifully, the last chapter's three levels are bounty-free, meaning I can enjoy polishing off my incomplete save file later this evening, safe in the knowledge that I can shoot, snipe, snare and incinerate anything that moves without scanning it first. Should make for quite a cathartic finale.

"Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind."

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

BearsEatBeets

My first PS5 platinum (and 61st overall) with the joyous Astrobot. Had to look up a couple of the hidden ones but nothing taxing. Just have one add-on trophy to keep it at 100%, got to master the speed-runs which are a step up in difficulty. Next should be the sneaky second plat for the Remastered version of Spider-man.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Did you use the help cards on the PS5 at all for the hidden trophies?

We are now in a world of people being offended for other people who they think should be offended, who arent offended.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Arugula

@JohnnyShoulder I completely forgot about those. I just picked up my phone and did it that way.

Arugula

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I didn't notice a card to help so used the usual 'google it on my phone' method same as @Arugula. Funnily enough it lead me to a Push Square guide for the trophies. I can't say I've used the cards yet but can imagine they might come in handy for jumping to specific parts of a game.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Bentleyma-

I was really impressed with the in-game help for Astro's Playroom. It made getting the plat really easy.

Bentleyma-

PSN: Bentleyma-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic