Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 5,756

Gremio108

@Th3solution Ah okay, cheers. Lower-tier silver it is then. Guess I'd better get cracking.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

@nessisonett I actually really liked going through the levels again for the second time. They were easier with the legendary equipment, and I had fun revisiting them in lightning speed.

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried If it saved after you laid the lost soul to rest then sure, it would have been ok. The problem was that you had to then go on and finish the level, just turned some of them into a chore!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

MaulTsir

I'm not a trophy hunter, I only have 1 plat and that's Horizon Zero Dawn and I got that by just playing the game didn't really pay much attention to the trophies, but I'm playing Final Fantasy 15 at the minute and feel like since this new trophy system has come in to play that its peaked my interest in it a little more, I'm more of a complete the game and move on to the next one mainly because of time. Has anyone got the plat on FF15? By the looks of it I've been getting a lot of trophies just playing the game similar to HZD, but they are a few hidden ones is there any particular difficult ones?

MaulTsir

nessisonett

@MaulTsir I have 1 trophy left to get in FFXV, to level survival skill to the max level. You can literally walk across the map and it still needs more to level up. I lost patience 😂

MaulTsir

@nessisonett lol yeah this is the reason I'm not a trophy hunter when the game starts to feel like a chore just to get trophies I feel like I best just move on to the next game, I'll see how it goes I seem to be collecting a lot of the trophies by just playing the game so after I've completed it I'll see how many are left and how much effort I Will need to put in, I've got a backlog that needs taking care of so don't want to invest too much time

MaulTsir

Thrillho

I’ve ended up doing a bit of trophy hunting on Civ 6 over the last couple of days.

I started a low difficulty duel sized map to go for a domination victory but got a religious one instead. I also played as China to get a specific one for them.

I also found a way of cheesing a deity victory online so got that gold (basically start as the Romans and set the game to a score victory to end after one move; your automatic monument in your city gives you the points to win). I have no regrets over that one.

And this morning I got a quick one for specific criteria as the Egyptians (build the pyramids and a sphinx on desert flood plains).

I may go for a few more non-cheesy ones at some point and it would be nice to have some worked into a longer, proper game.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho If you want cheesy wins for each Civ and map, including the crap ones, do a score victory only with teams, where you are in a team of Civs and the opponents are alone. Then set it to one turn time limit. I did that loads for Civ V on Steam despite how hilariously cheap it is 😂

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ha, nice. I don’t think there are many of that sort in the PS4 version. It’s mostly incredibly niche ones like activating Charles Darwin next to the Galápagos Islands and stuff like that.

I’ve posted about “Pizza Party” before but “Luftballoons” is another mental one;

Use a bomber class unit to detonate a nuclear device, as long as its base and 9 Observation Balloons are located on the continent of Nena at the time of detonation.

WHAT!!??

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Ahh, I didn’t realise the PS4 version removed the achievements for winning with a Civ and on a specific map. The niche ones are pretty hard to get without a significant amount of luck but I do have the Darwin one!

crimsontadpoles

I've obtained my 11th Platinum trophy, which was for Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. That includes getting every gem and gold relic. I also got them for the extra level Future Tense as well.

With that, I've now got every single gem in the N Sane Triology. I didn't bother with time trials in Crash 1 or 2, so I don't have all the relics. Crash 3 was easier (and had a gem locked behind getting the relics), so that why I got them this time around.

Thrillho

@crimsontadpoles Good effort. I didn’t bother with any of the relics either. I can’t say I remember the future tense level from the third game so I wonder if that came out after I’d played it. The extra level for Crash 1 was more than enough!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@crimsontadpoles Congratulations! That's some solid platforming you must've done there!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

I’ve now 100% the main game in Assassin’s Creed III, now to painstakingly scan the members of my homestead for a trophy and then onto the DLC! I’ll get that platinum hopefully soon but I’m in for a grind, I think.

Bentleyma

I got the plat for a little game called Road Bustle. Cost me 79p and took me 30 minutes... I regret nothing!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

RogerRoger

@Bentleyma- There are times when I'd legit pay a quid for a platinum. Nicely done!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

And that's platinum 42 in the bag, courtesy of Kentucky Route Zero.

It's an odd list befitting an odd game. Outside of the basic "complete each act" stuff, there were some pretty esoteric requirements. I think it's the first game I've ever played with a trophy specifically designed to encourage a replay (beyond a post-patch New Game Plus or anything; this was literally just "Play Act IV Again"). There was also a trophy which could only be earned on a Tuesday, hence me polishing off the list this morning. Worked out quite well in the end.

With no bronze trophies, it's also quite a high-value game, and earning everything advanced me a little over an entire new trophy level, from 82% on Level 399 to 98% of Level 400.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I picked the game up when it first came out and there were huge problems with trophies not being awarded so I didn’t bother getting everything (plus, in true point and click spirit, I held onto the jerky in the first act rather than give it to the dog!)

They did patch the game so I got most to pop but there are some I didn’t bother with. It’s a game I’d like to play again to see if my initial feelings hold up and also to mop up the last few trophies.

I eagerly await your full thoughts on the game!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho If there's one thing I can't stand, it's glitchy launch trophies. Good that they got all patched up, and I suppose they'll give you something to do during your replay. Just be sure not to start a new save file, otherwise the "Replay Act IV" will fail to register!

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic