Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 5,748

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, i did consult a guide on that one. I had the pieces, just didn’t know how to combine them. Also used a guide for bowing to 10 hidden altars. I’d been seeing those signs the whole time and just didn’t realize what I was supposed to do there (despite the obviousness of it) so when they was one of the last 2 or 3 trophies left I had to search it and then use a guide to just fast travel around and do them. Took like 30 minutes extra, tops.
I think the rest came naturally, more or less.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I had done a few of them as I had found them, but the last few I had to follow a guide too.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

That No Diving trophy in Snake Pass took me Ages, no thanks to Noodles tail being slightly off camera. Great game, now I just have to make sure I finish each stage without dying and the platinum is mine!

MightyDemon82

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Sorry to go back to the previous page, but did you have to earn a trophy to get your new level to show, then? Mine just appeared when I logged in.

And yeah, whatever I earn next will probably push me into 400. It's pretty close!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Gremio108

I'm not far off the platinum for Outer Worlds, so it'll be interesting to see what that does to my new trophy level. I think I'm 369 now, something like that

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@RogerRoger @Gremio108 I can see that probably part of the impetus for the trophy leveling system change is the psychology of being able to see the level number advance more easily and frequently. In the old system it would take dozens of trophies to even move a few percentage points. Even platinums would just move you a small amount toward the next level. It will be interesting to see if having the number change more easily will motivate for more trophy hunting.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Gremio108 Your platinum could cause you to overtake me!

@Th3solution I think you're right. I'm certainly considering bumping a PS4 game up my backlog's to-do list, just to measure what a few trophies do to my new level (and not because I'm suddenly scared that Gremio will end up beating me soon).

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

MightyDemon82

Platinum 17 in the bag, a lot of cursing was happening trying to do that final stage without dying but got there in the end. Be a long time before I'm even close to you guys levels 🤣. Definitely got the trophy bug now though!

MightyDemon82

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I’m just glad I’m at a silver tier level. If I was still stuck in bronze stage 3 then I’d be staying up all night grinding trophies. Bronze is such a pathetic alloy. At least silver has value. 😜

nessisonett

Just going to cry helplessly at being very very close to silver 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@Gremio108 Did you do a second run through the game or did you spec your character in order to get all the trophies? There was one that required a low intelligence level that I didn't get and I also played on standard difficulty.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Yeah I tried to manually sync trophies to PSN a couple of times but it only worked when I got a new trophy.

@Thrillho The plat requires another playthrough as you can only earn some trophies by choosing the other option in major story moments. I suppose with careful saving you could do it, but one of the decisions is quite near the start.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Hey, I'm just glad Sony didn't base the new trophy levels on skill, assigning different values to more difficult platinums. If they had, I'd forever be stuck on some kind of "rusty tin" tier!

@JohnnyShoulder Sounds like a bit of a glitch, but I'm glad you got it un-stuck eventually!

Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

Finally got the MediEvil platinum for my 7th in total. I have to admit, that was a pretty horrid platinum to get, mostly because the lost souls, 10000 gold and dying in different ways were an absolute grind and a half. I never want to see Sir Dan ever again 😂

HallowMoonshadow

You're only one platinum behind me @nessisonett! I hope you enjoyed MediEvil barring some trophy grinding?

I went from Lvl 17 to 297 since the update to the trophy system and I'll admit I'm a little tempted myself in getting a few more trophies (Which i don't really try to get unless I like a game) to push me into the 300 range at the very least 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

nessisonett

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy I actually did enjoy my first playthrough but any game that forces you to play through every level twice for the platinum ruins your enjoyment, especially with a world map that moves at a snail’s pace.

HallowMoonshadow

Ahh I see @nessisonett. I've actually only played the demo of the PS4 version. Really need to get round to buying it as I loved the original on PS1... Even if it isn't the longest game I can see why that would be a bit of a chore

Least it's nothing like Rayman Legends and it's utterly ludicrous platinum which needs you to grind to a million lums if I recall... I think you only have like about 200,000 or thereabouts when you actually finish the game and I think that's with the game rewarding you with the little buggers every so often too 😅

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Gremio108

@Th3solution Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing my levels rise faster. Where do we find out what tier we're at?

@RogerRoger Worry not, I checked last night and I'm actually at 359, not 369!

@Thrillho New playthrough. I'm going for Supernova difficulty, but I've also got an eye on that intelligence-related one you mentioned. After that i might just start a third playthrough, although I do have a few saves knocking about.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Th3solution

@Gremio108 I pulled this from one of the articles here:
Untitled

It’s just the new icons aren’t showing next to our levels yet, but this is apparently where we lie. Most of us are huddled around the silver levels.

Edited on by Th3solution

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic