Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 5,748

nessisonett

Finally got the last trophy for Jak & Daxter for my 6th platinum. I never want to see that game ever again.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett

Congrats! I know the feeling, getting every single egg in that game is a bit of a chore. Probably contributed quite a bit to putting me off bothering with platting games that have a lot of collecibles or are grindy.

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I'll add my congratulations, too. Having earned the platinum for that game twice (once for the PS3's HD Trilogy, once for the PS2 Classic on PS4) I didn't think it was especially tough to get 100% completion, but then I've also left the trophy lists for both of its sequels on odd-numbered percentages because I simply cannot bring myself to go back and find all of their Precursor Orbs, so it must've given me some kind of subconscious scarring that I can't specifically recall.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman @RogerRoger The sad thing is that I already 100% the game. One missable trophy bugged out so I had to play the game again, all the way up to the swamp so I could play a one-time minigame and hope the trophy dropped. Thankfully it did!

LieutenantFatman

@nessisonett
That's dedication! Bugged trophies are truly cruel, but thankfully seem to be relatively rare in my experience.

LieutenantFatman

nessisonett

@LieutenantFatman There’s honestly nothing worse than polishing off literally everything in a collectathon and then knowing you have to play half the game again.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Yikes; then double the congratulations to you! Can totally understand your resolution to never play it again now, absolutely. I got both my platinums for it years apart!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

I’m currently still dabbling with Two Point Hospital to get one more trophy for training a world class surgeon.

Staff members have five training slots and world class is achieved by having all five slots dedicated to some of the specialties. I’ve got the ones for research and psychiatry (along with plenty of top level GPs) but there is a bizarre thing in the game where surgeons earn XP at a weirdly low rate compared to others. So instead I have my best surgeon working as a GP as it’s quicker to get XP that way.

Thank you for reading.

The last lot of trophies are related to the DLC levels which I’ll come back to at some point.

Thrillho

Th3solution

I have a poor understanding of this new system that’s supposedly going live tonight whereby our trophy levels change. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow I’ll know if I’m level 200 or 500. I haven’t a clue. Level 21 right now with 25 platinums (the 26th should be complete within the week though for Ghost of Tsushima)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Don't think too much has changed, just the way they are displayed, it will be more transparent on how much each trophy is worth and easier to track each one. Like the rarer a trophy is you get more points. All that stuff was already being done it was just done mostly in the background.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Thrillho

Bit of a leap in trophy level with these changes; I'm now at level 355!

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho It's all that Two Point Hospital trophy hunting you've been doing lately.

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I wish.. still so many to get from the DLC levels I did finally get my 5* surgeon though!

——————————————————————

DOOM Eternal is incredibly annoying with its trophies though. A handful are from multiplayer but the game requires two runs to get all the single player trophies.

There are two trophies associated with playing in “extra life” mode (where you can collect lives and immediately respawn on death) but one trophy requires you to replay a mission with a specific cheat code enabled (you unlock these as a collectible but can only use them on replaying levels).

However, the level select feature is locked in extra life mode, presumably to stop people spamming extra lives. It’s even locked after completing the game. At no point does the game tell you this and I only found out via googling how to activate it.

Odd decision and quite frustrating.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

RogerRoger

@Thrillho Congratulations on your five-star surgeon, but sorry to hear that DOOM Eternal doesn't have a well-thought-through trophy list. I wonder if some of the developers have shares in Google, and they're just looking for ways to increase its click-based revenue.

Upon booting up my PS4, I can report that I have become Trophy Level 399 overnight.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

After going on a 88 day trophy streak, annoyingly I could not get a trophy since the new trophy system was announced. But huzzah I got one today and I went from 18 to 312. I think that puts us both in Silver Tier 1 @RogerRoger.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

nessisonett

Plugging away towards the MediEvil plat. The lost souls are mind-numbingly tedious. This should be fun.

Th3solution

Well, platinum number 26 — Ghost of Tsushima
Man, what a game!
A very obtainable and fair platinum. It reminded me of the Spider-Man platinum — I didn’t plan to get it and I just played the game with the same obsessive approach I normally do for games I really enjoy and by the time I was at the end I was only a couple trophies away, which took only a little extra effort. Bravo Sucker Punch, bravo.

Oh, and new trophy level.... drum roll — 341!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Thrillho

@nessisonett Yeah, there’s a lot of backtracking but at least you can swat most enemies away easily by that point (or just leg it past them).

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution There were a couple of hidden ones which there was no way I would have figured without looking up, especially the Sly Cooper one! But yeah overall it was a pleasurable plat to achieve.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

Platinum 16 in the bag. Had to do 2 and a bit playthroughs to unlock it as one of the Lorestones was giving me a headache. Eventually found it in the first area after the opening part, lots of running in circles though, phew!

MightyDemon82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic