Forums

Topic: The Trophy Discussion Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 5,748

Ryall

@johncalmc There was some neat additional challenges in there. I particularly like the cross a maze without hitting any switches one.

Ryall

nessisonett

And that’s Watch Dogs 2 finished up for my 5th platinum. Kinda sad the season pass wasn’t included on Now, I really did love it and I would happily play more.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Black_Swordsman

@nessisonett Do you think you will go back to DSR or DS3 & get a platinum for either of those?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

nessisonett

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Lord no, I have 1 and 3 on PC and I don’t have the patience to get the platinum anyway. Too much grunt work.

RogerRoger

@nessisonett What are your other four platinums, if you don't mind me asking?

Apologies for the slightly odd question, but it's just that I kinda expected you to have more (and perhaps that was wrong of me; trophies aren't the point of gaming, after all). I know you're an experienced and well-versed gamer, so I'm curious as to which games sucked you in enough to want to 100% them.

Oh, and congratulations, by the way!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

nessisonett

@RogerRoger I’m just really bad at finishing off games for that platinum hahaha, mine are Persona 5 Dancing, MLB The Show 20, Control, Star Wars Jedi and now Watch Dogs 2. I only started properly going for the platinum this year. I also have one trophy left in Jak and Daxter that bugged out my first playthrough so I have to do a whole other playthrough just to get it!

RogerRoger

@nessisonett Ah, cool. Good mix! It does take a special kind of platinum, the right mix of "easy enough" and "game I wanna keep playing after its credits" to get me going for it, so I hear you.

I still remember my first platinum. It's nicer when they're a bit of an event, I reckon.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I still remember my first platinum too... she was a sweet little game named “PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale.”
Ah, the memories...

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Did you have her home by ten?

I've got that game on PS Vita, and really enjoyed it for what it was. I've always thought that I'd go back and get the platinum someday, as it seemed quite straightforward (no offence). Same with Tearaway, although I think I'd need to replay that from start to finish.

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Haha, of course. I’m a gentleman after all. 😌
And no offense taken. It was an easy platinum and a good one to get for a first timer. Actually, to be honest almost all my plats are pretty easy ones.
I actually would like to replay PS All-Stars but I have the PS3 version and not the Vita one and I can’t be bothered to turn on the PS3 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm usually the same (case in point, my first platinum was LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars on PS3, which didn't demand skill as much as it did patience). I have a small handful of platinum trophies which I can actively be proud of, which took focus and determination to earn, but they're vastly outnumbered by the likes of LEGO, Telltale and other notoriously easy gongs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale a crossplay title, meaning you could download the PS Vita version if you owned a PS3 copy?

Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger You know what, you’re right. I didn’t realize since when I bought it I got it on disc, which I have since sold. But it was a PS Plus title and it appears I have the option to download it in PS3 or Vita. I’ll keep it in mind when/if I run out of Vita games to play

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Sweet; I did wonder if it'd work with a Blu-Ray, but PS Plus to the rescue regardless!

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

Yesterday I earned my 41st platinum trophy, courtesy of Sonic Forces.

It's one of the toughest trophies I've ever unlocked, and one of the rarest (0.2%) because it demands some professional-level speedrunning on many of its stages. Some of the target times I'd naturally achieved, but either with Modern Sonic, who I'm most comfortable with because he's kinda on-rails at times, or the Rookie, who's easy to cheese with the right Wisp.

It took me an hour of trial-and-error to clear one of Classic Sonic's stages in under a minute (and that was one of a dozen outstanding missions between me and my platinum). As somebody who isn't usually a fan of skill-based "git gud" gameplay, by the evening I was exhausted but also ever-so-slightly proud of my accomplishment. I ended up making a short video from some of the footage, if nothing else to keep as proof against my own self-disbelief, as I'm never, ever gonna be able to play that well again!

There was also a ridiculous "collect 100,000 rings total" trophy which doesn't have any kind of trackable tally associated with it, so my final task was to rinse-and-repeat an easy Rookie stage which, with the right Wisp, can net you 999 rings in a single run. A grind, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Have you got an easy and quick platinum lined up to get your 42nd?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Alas, no. Given that it'll be the platinum which represents the meaning of life, I kinda want it to be something deep and considered...

...which means that it'll probably be from a LEGO game or something.

Making It So Since 1987

LieutenantFatman

@RogerRoger
A few million years later, they revised the question to "How many roads must a man walk down?"

So maybe Death Stranding would fit?

LieutenantFatman

RogerRoger

@BowTiesAreCool @LieutenantFatman Great suggestions, both!

And yes, Everything would appear to have a platinum, and it's quite an easy one, too! Always intrigued by a game that literally plays itself, and unlocks trophies as it goes.

Making It So Since 1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic