Forums

Topic: The Last Of Us Part II - OT (No Spoilers)

Posts 281 to 300 of 522

Zuljaras

@nessisonett "I really hope Sony keep trying to push boundaries" I really hope you don't mean adding controversial stuff just for the sake of it. This is not pushing boundaries, this adding shock value. I think we have enough of this.

I love the Sony exclusives this generation. Some are generic indeed but still I have fun playing them. Especially Spider-Man. This game brought me so much joy by just playing it and no stress at all.

nessisonett

@Zuljaras Maybe not shock value but Sony’s characters this gen have been way better than before. As much as I do think there’s probably legitimate reasons for people to dislike TLOU2, there’s so much vitriol surrounding Ellie being a lesbian and those weird rumours about Abby being trans that just weren’t even true. Sony should stick to their guns and tell stories they want to tell, with characters that represent all the players, without bending to so-called fans. The video game industry should be on a level with TV and film but a lot of it is just stuck in the 90s, they should be aiming to tell more complicated, mature stories. What’s the point of a game being 18+ rated if the story could be told by an 8 year old?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Zuljaras

@KratosMD I agree that the ending of the God of War series will end tragically just like God of War 3 but without the after credits scene

But still with the new formula there is milking to be done!

As for the TLOU3 I am not sure anymore. They will either try to save humanity from the cordyceps or ND will start a new franchise or reboot Uncharted.

Zuljaras

@nessisonett Really?! People knew Ellie is a lesbian in the "Left behind" DLC and it was received well.
At least I do and I am extremely conservative about those things!

As for Abby we all know why people hate her (including me) and it is not because of her awesome muscles!

Octane

@KratosMD I've read and listened to a ton of Cory Barlog around the release of GOW, and from what I've gathered, he already has some solid ideas of where the story is going. He recalled how someone told him while working at Lucas Arts that George Lucas wrote dozens of Star Wars stories when filming the original trilogy, so that the first story wouldn't exist in a vacuum and he could reference things that may or may not return in other installments. Basically it's about making everything a coherent universe. Normally when writers start out, they write the first story and a sequel can feel tacked on. However, I have no doubt that the sequel to GOW will make sense with that in mind. And chances are that there are plenty of hints hinting at the story of the next installment in the game.

IIRC, the giant stone slab you use to crush Baldr in the very first fight contains a mural that basically spoils a good part of the game. There's no time to stand still and look at it though, but there a hints everywhere. That's why a second playthrough was quite interesting, there's so much foreshadowing, but the good kind, the one you don't realise until you go through it again.

Remember the horn in GOW? Yeah, that wasn't there for no apparent reason. And I think it will play a much bigger role in one of the sequels.

Octane

nessisonett

@Zuljaras The Metacritic review bombs read for some grim stuff. It is pretty silly considering it was already in Left Behind!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Zuljaras

@nessisonett Well it is called review bombing for a reason.

People should not be permitted to leave a one sentence review be it 0/10 or 10/10. It is not constructive at all!

If you like the game or dislike it you should at least gather 5 to 10 reasons for it without trouble.

InvaderJim

Finished it and then took 4 days to digest it I couldn't stop thinking about it, 1st game that's done that to me. I enjoyed it mostly and and think its really good game and story made sense to me, its brutal and dark and some parts I found uncomfortable and others like that flashback had me laughing and smiling. Laughable but I felt really bad when I stopped throwing the ball for Bear and left him in cage, do have to say the detail and the way the dogs act is so well done. Even if the story had been poor I think with quality of the visuals, animations, sound and just lengths they went with even little details that some people may never see this game would get min 5/10, for me though think I would give it an 8-9/10.

Now on a 2nd play though and and after watching a video highlighting some of the crazy details in this game I'm taking extra notice of everything. The footprints in dusty floor and then seeing if you crawl on it wipes the dust away, a small thing but still.

InvaderJim

Octane

@InvaderJim I threw the ball over the fence. I can't be the only one, right?

Octane

InvaderJim

@Octane Yes I've seen other people doing that as well, some did it to see how he reacted differently to being left with the ball.

InvaderJim

JohnnyShoulder

I R FINISHED

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane I thought there was going to be a 5 hour post credit scene.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BearsEatBeets

I'm well behind everyone with this one. I've literally just killed the Vita woman and I've been playing for over 16 hours. I think I might set a record for time taken to complete the game. I don't mind, I'm loving it so far. I enjoy finding locked doors as it means figuring out how to get round them.
Much has been said about the visuals but playing my last few sessions through a headset, the sound is outstanding. The amount it adds to the tension in some areas is immense.
Also loved the moment where you get grabbed while using the workbench. It reminded me of the time the Murfree brothers walked into my 'safespace' camp in RDR2, a great way to unsettle you when you have got accustomed to being immune at that point.
The spoiler tags probably aren't needed but best to play it safe just in case someone hasn't experienced that bit yet.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

andreoni79

@BearsEatBeets I just reached the 40 hours mark but I think I'm very close to the end now.
I play on Hard without any HUD; that makes me play very cautiously but also makes exploration way more interesting. The maps and the IA have improved a lot and I feel sorry for those who breezed through the game on the easiest difficulties just for the story...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Yeah loved those moments, and the game is indeed very good played headphones. I liked how the game auto changed the sound settings when I switched the between headphones and my soundbar.

@andreoni79 My complete save file is 49 hours 5 mins. See if you guys can 'beat' that lol. I plan to get a few of the easily obtainable trophies, but I doubt I will be playing through the game again to get to get ones like obtain all upgrades and upgrade all weapons fully.

carlos82

It took me just under 30 hours to finish the game and now I'm back up to day 3 on survivor+, the biggest difference is the hearing of the infected is so much better. I'm probably only going to play up to getting all the upgrades and then pop in and out for the last collectibles. It has been interesting replaying and knowing whats happening in the background as I'm exploring and setting up traps for things I know are going to happen and trying new tactics in general.

@BearsEatBeets I put a proximity bomb outside the locked door near that workbench and turned round to a pile of body parts

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

phil_j

@carlos82 How is survivor+? I did my first playthrough on hard, and halfway through on hard+ and it feels noticably tougher.
I've just done the shambler in the arcarde, it it took two molotovs, a trap mine, and multiple shotgun blasts. And I'm sure there weren't that many other infected appearing the first time.
It definitely sets the mood better playing on the harder difficulties. The first game was the same.

phil_j

BearsEatBeets

@carlos82 Nice. It's cool that works too. I can imagine some games would have that 'event' still happen as it was scripted but I think it's testament to their mechanics that you can prevent it.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

carlos82

@phil_j I'll be honest and say I didn't notice any difference for a while but I'm better equipped and more experienced then I was first time round. The first time I had any trouble was the area in Hillcrest near the tattoo parlour as there were noticeably more Wolves and if spotted they don't mess about in finishing you off. The first shamblers were tricky as well as their hearing is so much better and I kept getting caught approaching the door to put a trap down. Thankfully they don't seem to have more health and it feels like a fair challenge instead of everything just been bullet sponges

I will say I've enjoyed it even more on this difficulty as it forces me to use a variety of tactics and use distractions a lot more

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

PSN: AVGN_82

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic