Forums

Topic: State of Play -OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 366

NedStarksGhost

@Shepherd_Tallon That's good. I prefer that, in all honesty. As per the other thread that delved into this topic, I don't think I want to see a GP on Sony as I don't believe the titles they push out would be the same quality, unless it was much higher in price.

NedStarksGhost

Voltan

Less than 48h to go 👀

Voltan

Ralizah

I still want a modern gen remake of The Legend of Dragoon. Although how viable that is with Japan Studio remains to be seen.

A proper Silent Hill sequel pr remake that preserved the survival horror gameplay of the PS2 entries would be ideal, but I know better than to get my hopes up for something like that again.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Voltan

@NedStarksGhost It totally is! Even though we're not getting anything except things to wait for (years in some cases) and new ways to go broke lol

Voltan

colonelkilgore

Im trying to work out which first party studios will have something shown off on Thursday. I obviously think Sony San Diego, as I just can’t fathom God of War: Ragnarok not being shown. As I’ve stated previously in the thread, I kinda think TLoU: Factions 2 will finally be unveiled… so Naughty Dog. And also Polyphony Digital if I’m right on third prediction with Gran Turismo 7.

So where does that leave the others?

It’s gotta be too soon for Housemarque… and I’d also say too soon for Insomniac but there does seem to be some money on Spider-man 2 appearing. I don’t personally think it will… but there is an outside chance that we may just get a ‘one-more-thing’ title reveal much like Ragnarok last year. Sony Bend obviously had Days Gone out over two years ago now but it’s been well documented that they have only recently settled on their next project, so I wouldn’t expect to see them either. Also, even though much has been made of a new inFamous game, I’d be surprised if there actually was what with how busy Sucker Punch has been with Ghost of Tsushima, GoT: Legends & GoT: Director’s Cut. I also think Media Molecule and Team Asobi are definitely out of the question, due to Dreams needing so much upkeep and Astro’s Playroom being so fresh.

Sony SIE London are long-rumoured to have a AAA project underway, so they are a possibility… but I’m thinking it could be a ways off if I’m honest.

I’m thinking we will probably see Guerrilla Games with Horizon Forbidden West but I’d much rather see their long rumoured multiplayer title… be it Socom, Killzone, Horizon Online, or whatever…

I’m thinking Sony will announce the purchase of Bluepoint and that they’ll announce their next project. Most of the world (including myself) are hoping it’s Metal Gear Solid related… but there is a wealth of potential remakes that I’d get excited about in fairness.

A lot has been made recently of Sony setting up a new team in Japan, who would be tasked with producing AAA games along the lines of the recent Resident Evil, Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy games in scale and scope. The rumours are that this team was created prior to Sony Japan being wound-up… and have been working on their first project for almost two years already. Obviously, no one really knows for sure on this one but if it’s true, they could well be revealed, who knows maybe their debut release could be teased too.

It’s been a few years since the release of Concrete Genie and we have heard about Pixel Opus working with elite CGI animators of late, so seeing whatever it is they are beavering away at is a real possibility too.

I may have missed a team or two off here but I think I’ve caught the most of them. There’s obviously a chance we may see something from the second party deals recently announced with Haven Studios, Deviation Games etc but I personally think it’s probably a bit soon on those fronts. Who ever turns up and whatever is actually shown… I’m just hoping for an excitement akin to those three or four Sony E3 shows during the middle to end of the PS4 cycle.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Voltan it is indeed 😅… though I wouldn’t mind seeing Kratos with his leviathan axe slicing some baseballs in half as a secret character added to Sony San Diego’s MLB The Show

**** DLC!

jdv95

@colonelkilgore don't be disappointed if it's not true,but there are rumors floating around for a couple of weeks now,that from software has a new game exclusive to playstation in the works.

jdv95

Voltan

@colonelkilgore I also think it's too early for another Insomniac game - I would be very surprised if they had something to show already.
Santa Monica definitely seems like a safe bet with God of War.
I think Naughty Dog could also be there (not sure if they'd be showing the TLOU multiplayer or something new entirely).
Guerilla's other game? Pretty sure they have something in the works but is it ready to be shown? Dunno. Same with Suckerpunch.

Honestly I don't have any real expectations other than GoW. I trust them to deliver a great showcase nonetheless.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

NedStarksGhost

@Voltan @colonelkilgore I'm hoping there's one new IP announced this show. Can definitely see them pulling a "one more thing..." At the end, hopefully that turns out to be MGS remake (personally)

I think they'll show more Final Fantasy 16.

NedStarksGhost

jdv95

tbh there are lot's of rumors floating around.

not being helped by the fact that some notable industry people seem to be hyping this event up in regards of brand new reveals etc. the way they are talking,it seems this show will be even better then last year.

take that as you will.

jdv95

jdv95

@NedStarksGhost i'm gonna say no to FF16 because of square enix's desire to show it off at TGS.

i think forspoken will be the square enix game.

jdv95

Voltan

@jdv95 You could be right. Anyway, probably at least one of those.

Voltan

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 yeah it’s obviously something that I hope is true… I’d just be quite surprised if they announced it prior to the release of Elden Ring I guess. You never do know though.

@Voltan so I’ve been hearing about Guerrilla making a multiplayer game for well over 2 years. They are apparently one of the larger first party teams… and have also taken on Simon Larouche from Rainbow Six: Siege as well as some established talent from Bungie. I still think they’ll show HFW if anything… but I’ve seen enough of that now (not that I’m done with it, just… I’m already all in).

**** DLC!

jdv95

a man can dream but something uncharted related would be amazing.

dream as in not gonna happen.

to bad that san diego studio that wanted to remake uncharted 1 had their plans scrapped.

jdv95

colonelkilgore

@NedStarksGhost yeah as the others have said, Square Enix having a 60 minute show on 1st October could prevent anything from them showing up. It’d actually be a good thing though, as we know we’ll still be getting to see them later, leaving more time for other projects.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 yeah, I had decent hopes for that team… crazy how it just seems to have fallen apart.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@jdv95 well, it really is now (well, September 9th) or never as far as that is concerned. Man, what a ride that was… would actually be even crazier if it did actually turn out to be something cool now that it’s all petered out.

**** DLC!

Sorry, this topic has been locked.