Forums

Topic: PlayStation Plus | OT |

Posts 701 to 720 of 751

Voltan

@jdv95 Yeah, it's still none of the PS3 InFamous games in the catalog and only 2 and Festival Of Blood in search. I'll check back later.

Voltan

trev666

infamous 2 is probably the better game but if you dont know what happened in infamous 1 then it might not have as much impact.

festival of blood DLC is quite enjoyable as well

trev666

Voltan

Resistance 3 isn't there either
But still - what the hell am I supposed to do with all these games? There's so many I have no idea which to play! Maybe this was a mistake! šŸ˜‚

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan An embarrassment of riches, for sure.

I feel slightly validated because now everyone can appreciate the paralysis of choice that Iā€™ve been facing for years with my large backlog. šŸ˜‚

Edited on by Th3solution

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

nessisonett

You know whatā€™s a real shame? The PS1 games donā€™t have the start-up. I guess itā€™s so they donā€™t need to provide a BIOS file but it doesnā€™t feel right.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

trev666

as I previously had PSNOW the new service only has a couple of new games im interested in.

Edited on by trev666

trev666

mike21

Hi.
I have a few questions about the new PS Plus subs, someone please help.

Is there a way to get a free trial for PS Plus Essential? if yes, how?
Also, same question for PS Plus Extra or Premium.
If not a free trial, than maybe a paid trial for one or a few days?

Or, is there a way to use a 12 month prepaid voucher for the old PS Plus, on a new account, (without any PS Plus sub) and opt instead for PS Plus Extra (for approx. 7.5 month) or PS Plus Premium (for 6 month)?
I mean, other than having to buy first a sub for one month for Extra or Premium at full monthly price?

Thanks.

mike21

trev666

@mike21 no sorry the only way is to sign up for a month at Ā£13.49

trev666

RogerRoger

@nessisonett I miss that, too. Was always disappointed that the PSone Classics on PS3 only had the second of the two boot-up logos, but to have neither of 'em really stings!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

PS+ Essential games look really tantalizing this month. (Or at least the ā€œleakedā€ games, which these leaks have been spot on for several months now)

Iā€™m not sure when Iā€™ll get around to them but all three seem worthy to put into the backlog.

Quick question on Tony Hawk:
I re-read the PushSquare THPS 1+2 review and it wasnā€™t clear to me ā€” are the two games packaged in a way which makes for one continuous game or are they two different entities? In other words, does one make one character and play through both games / all the parks while carrying over the progress, or is there two separate progression trees? (Like will you finish the first game and then have to start over from scratch with the second game?)

I played this series years ago, and canā€™t remember much about the first two games other than they were fun at the time, but if memory serves, I think I enjoyed the third game the most.

Tagging @nessisonett because I know youā€™ve had some good experience with this remake.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

nessisonett

@Th3solution Tony Hawk is totally repackaged into one game! Thereā€™s two ā€˜toursā€™ which are the levels from 1 and 2, plus thereā€™s hundreds and hundreds of challenges to complete across every level. Thereā€™s a few bonus levels too. With regards to progression, in order to level your skater up to full stats then you need the stat points from all levels across both games, it carries over.

Plumbingā€™s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

Oh, thatā€™s cool. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how much of THPS2 I remember seeing as I 100% completed the game with every character back in the day!

Thrillho

Lavalera

If the leaks are true it's a huge month. THPS i wouldn't have bought otherwise but seeing it might be being a ps plus game makes me excited to play it as a side game. I do remember playing some Tony Hawk when i was younger, just not anymore which one it was haha. even though i am not the biggest sports or skate fan. I dabbled a bit with the skating in Lost Judgment and it is fine as a side game for me but i wouldn't really play or buy it as a main game. Yakuza LAD, i already own on my Xbox, but i wanted to do a replay of it before Yakuza 8 comes out, so also having access to that on my PS5. Little nightmares i already got on a sale a while back. I hope it is true the leak, since then it will be a stellar month of PS plus essential games.

PSNid: Lavalera

Th3solution

@nessisonett Awesome. Thanks for the info! It sounds like a nice upgrade from the originals.

JohnnyShoulder

That is a killer of a month now that is has been confirmed.

I said this on the article, don't ignore Little Nightmares as I thought it was a cool little game!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

I still havenā€™t upgraded from Essential tier, but with new games dropping into the Extra tier, I decided to make a list of all the games on PS+ Extra that I want to try. I was amazed that I came up with a list of 23 games! Given that I have a backlog list at least that long does complicate things.

Most of the 23 are short games though, a lot of AA or indie ones that Iā€™ve been reluctant to purchase but if I had access to then Iā€™d like to have the option to give them a whirl. (Ex. The Artful Escape, Deliver Us the Moon, Spirit of the North, 11-11 Memories Retold, etc.). Increased chatter about some of these games has definitely brought them to my attention. I can see now why subscription services to help with small game exposure.

Nevertheless, there werenā€™t any games on my list that I would drop my current scheduled games for, so I do think Iā€™ll still wait to upgrade until I knock out a few more backlog games. But props to Sony for creating a service that is looking more and more tempting all the time.

trev666

but by the time you do that they might have left the service they dont stay on there permanently

trev666

Th3solution

@trev666 Yeah, thatā€™s a good point, and hopefully there will be a little advanced warning (maybe at least a month) for when titles will start being pulled from the service. If/when that happens, it might pressure me to upgrade and quickly knock out a few of these titles Iā€™ve been eyeing.

If Sony starts pulling titles off with no advanced notice, then Iā€™m out of luck, I suppose.

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Or you could look at it like this - the games they add might even more appealing to you. That is one of the risks with a subscription service if you are not currently signed up or not gonna stay signed up, that you may miss out on some games that interest you.

But just like with most things in life, you are not gonna everything that you want all of the time.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder True. If they take games out they likely will add games to replace those and maybe weā€™d get some even better ones.

It all depends on the length and of the game(s) getting pulled. The really long games like AC Valhalla or Kingdom Come Deliverance are just going to take too much time to try and rush through in a short period. Might as well buy those. But the short indies that can be finished in a couple play sessions would be perfect for bingeing on before they leave.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic