Forums

Topic: Playstation 4 Backloggery and most wanted!

Posts 621 to 640 of 699

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Yeah, I'm trying to design these lists more around what I know I'm actually gonna play instead of games I feel like I probably should get to, if that makes sense. With some exceptions, like the game you noticed was carried forward.

I've been putting off getting further into the second Trails in the Sky game for months now. Since around February. It's not a bad game, necessarily, but this particular series has just never really grabbed me. Also, I prefer playing turn-based JRPGs on portables, but this is ONLY on PC, so I'm stuck playing on my desktop until I can justify buying a Steam Deck. I'd hate to give up on it, though, especially considering characters and events from previous games are apparently heavily referenced in later ones.

Fun fact: Trails in the Sky SC and Xenoblade Chronicles 3 are the two JRPGs I'm playing right now. Completely different developers and whatnot. In XC3, the main characters are classified as 'Ouroboros,' whereas, in TitS SC, 'Ouroboros' is the villainous organization my main characters are fighting against. Just found that kinda funny!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Elodin

I'll start off with saying that I rarely complete games. It is usually due to time constraints in RL. However maybe having a list will push me to complete them.

Backlog:
1. Death Stranding- Loved what I played, just stopped for something else for a bit and intimidating to jump back in
2. Dungeons of Naheulbeuk-Fun, quirky indie turn based rpg. Fills that rpg itch while I wait for Pathfinder wotr. Almost finished
3. GT7. Most recent purchase. Playing off and on

Upcoming Purchase:
1 Pathfinder Wrath of the righteous-Really looking forward to this. Will drop everything when this comes out.
2. Steel Rising-victorian robot souls like, looks fun
3. Hogwarts- looking better and better

Elodin

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Makes total sense. In the past couple of months, I've more or less abandoned my own list, partly because the majority of it was comprised of "should play" instead of "feel like playing". I've spent years on here telling people to play what they want to, and to avoid making their hobby a chore or obligation, so I figured I should take my own advice. If you're certain that you're gonna play something, then I guess it's a similar feeling. I'm sure that, if it's meant to be, you'll find time for your "probably should get to" games.

It's always a shame when one entry in a series is locked to a single platform. I'm quite surprised, given the genre in question and the popularity of the Trials series. Google tells me that there was (eventually) a translated PSP version of SC released in the West, albeit as a digital-only purchase. I'm guessing there's no way you could access that, then? Has it been de-listed?

That's a hilarious coincidence! Just so long as you don't lose track, and run towards deadly enemies with open arms and get yourself killed (or worse, end up killing your best friends)!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

Time for a new list.

By May 12th (the release date of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, which is going to monopolize all of my time once it releases), I want to complete the following games.

In-Progress:
Fire Emblem Engage (NS)
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (NS)
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (NS)

Upcoming:
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (NS)
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge (NS)

Platinum Run:
Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4)

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Please let me know how obtainable and enjoyable you find the Gravity Rush platinum, if you don't mind doing so, as I've always wanted to return to the PS Vita original. I stopped short of its platinum first time around, but can't recall why. Knowing that you and I approach trophies in a similar way, and figuring that the game's PS4 list will be virtually identical, I'd value your input.

Also, best of luck getting all of the above squared away before Link lands in May!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Oh, I can actually comment on that, as I got the Vita-version platinum trophy back in... checks psnprofiles ...2015. It's a pretty quick and easy plat. The biggest obstacle is mastering the various challenges you find in the game, but those honestly weren't too bad.

I actually chose GRR for my first plat this year because it's quick and easy enough that it won't demand a massive time investment. Also, I never bought the DLC for the Vita version, so I'm looking forward to engaging with that content, which I believe comes bundled with the PS4 version.

Xenoblade and Fire Emblem are the biggest obstacles to my goal, since both are fairly lengthy games. XC1 can last anywhere from 60 - 100+ hours, depending on how quickly you play through it. Thankfully, I'm already more than 60 hours into Fire Emblem, and ploughed through 26 hours of XC1 recently, so I'm well on my way to beating them. And the other games should be fairly short, comparatively: in the 10 - 20 hour range.

Edited on by Ralizah

RogerRoger

@Ralizah Even better, thank you!

If memory serves, it might've been the game's DLC which made it feel as though it'd outstayed its welcome, but I don't think it necessarily did anything wrong. I'm sure I'm not the first gamer to get distracted by thoughts of what to play next when reaching a title's endgame, and the fact that the trophies landed on an even percentage at story's end must've allowed me to move on. Like I say, I've had the intention to return ever since, so it's not like I hated the experience; quite the opposite, in fact.

Words like "quick" and "easy" are encouraging to read, so I'll keep 'em in mind. I don't remember anything about any deliriously difficult challenges in the game, but I do remember that it was the kinda gameplay where one benefitted from being "in the zone", so will practice plenty beforehand. Cheers!

Ah, at least you've gotten a head-start on your goal. Looks like you're gonna be glued to your Switch for the foreseeable then, Gravity Rush notwithstanding! OLED handheld mode all the way, yeah?

Making It So Since 1987

Ralizah

@RogerRoger Yeah, some of the challenges require concentration, but nothing out of the ordinary. And nothing grindy. It's a very efficient platinum, which is the ideal sort of trophy set for me.

Definitely. I wasn't sure at first if the upgrade would be worthwhile, since there's technically no performance enhancements, but it really is a night-and-day difference, and has caused me to fall in love with the system all over again. I have a Switch Lite I'm keeping, theoretically, for when I want to go somewhere, but it's almost impossible to go back to the duller LCD screen. In a way, I'm reminded of when I first picked up, and was subsequently wowed by, the PS Vita.

With that said, I am hoping the release schedule chills out a bit later in the year so that I can spend some time with those PS4 games I bought on Black Friday. Marvel's Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima promise to be a good time.

Kidfried

@RogerRoger Very doable platinum. Maybe even one of my first? Probably not, but it does feel like that.

It's not difficult, just a bit grindy.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Ralizah @Kidfried Awesome, thank you both! Hopefully I'll be able to make some time for an attempt later this year. Need to make up for failing to stick with my Vita last February.

@Ralizah OLED screens are definitely one of those advances that you need to see for yourself, in order to be able to appreciate the upgrade first-hand. Being an OG Vita owner, I totally understand where you're coming from, particularly with regards the feeling of falling in love all over again. It's why I digitally double-dipped on a select few PSP games, so that I could see them fresh on the better screen.

You're not alone in wanting a quiet release schedule this year, believe me! Feels like it's been pretty hectic of late, so I think we could all use some time to focus on what we wanna play, rather than what we feel like we should be playing. Really hope you enjoy Spidey and Ghost of Tsushima as and when!

Making It So Since 1987

LtSarge

Apparently I haven't checked in here for over a year, lol. Time to change that!

Previous backlog (from over a year ago):
999 (PS4) - Finished
Prototype (Xbox 360) - Not finished
Yo-Kai Watch 2 (3DS) - Finished

Previous upcoming purchases:
None

Current backlog:
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5)
Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo (Switch)

Upcoming purchases:
Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)
Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE (Switch)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PS5)
Loop8: Summer of Gods (Switch)

I felt like making a new post simply because of so many compelling games coming out this summer. I actually haven't been this excited for new releases since late last year when Pokémon Violet, GoW: Ragnarok and Sonic Frontiers came out. I'm mostly looking forward to FFXVI and Rain Code. FF just looks like a true next-gen experience and I need more of those on my new PS5! Even though I'm committed to playing through this series in order, I need to make an exception for this game. The only problem is whether I'll be able to finish FFVII Remake before XVI comes out. Even bigger problem how that'll affect my enjoyment of XVI if I play through not just two JRPGs consecutively but also from the same franchise. I rarely do that, so I might decide to play XVI later on but I definitely want to get it day one at the very least.

Kinda the same issues with Rain Code as I'm playing two games on Switch right now. I'm definitely not finishing Zelda before then and I've come to accept that the game will take a long time for me to complete, so I'm going to take breaks from it from time to time. But Paranormasight is also a visual novel, so I'm hoping I can finish it relatively soon so that I don't get burned out on VNs. Anyway, really looking forward to Rain Code as I'm a huge fan of Danganronpa. Even though it's not exactly the same, I'm still hoping it'll deliver a great experience just like that series did for me.

In terms of my backlog, I'm basically playing Zelda twice a week in order to not get burned out since it's the same formula as BotW, of which I've spent 120 hours on. But I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot! As a side note, I've actually written a lot about FFVII Remake and Paranormasight but I decided to make them into separate posts given how much text I've written. But I'm also enjoying both of those games a lot! I feel like I have a great trio of titles to play right now.

So I haven't talked about my other two upcoming purchases yet. That's because of two reasons. First, I'm not going to play Trails into Reverie at launch since I still need to play the Crossbell games. But I still want to have a copy of the game day one since I love this series. Second, I'm not completely sure I want to buy Loop8. There's very little information about the game and given that it has a unique gameplay system, I need to read more about it before deciding if I want to get it. But the game looks incredibly cozy. It reminds me of specifically Persona 4 Golden given its time management and relationship systems as well as it taking place in countryside Japan. I just need to see more of it and read some reviews first.

So yeah, there's a lot to look forward to this summer and I think it's going to be a great summer for gaming. There are also some games I look forward to in August, such as Anonymous;Code, which is the next game from the makers of Steins;Gate, and The Legend of Nahyuta, which is an action RPG from Falcom. But I think I'll mention those in my next update instead as I actually have a lot of games to look forward to now.

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge This is all in good fun, but I have a solution for you.... Stop playing so many damn games at the same time!

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

LtSarge

@KilloWertz Lol, to be fair I think I'd lose interest if I were to play only one of those titles at a time. If I were only playing Paranormasight, I'd get bored because it's a VN and there's no actual gameplay. With Zelda I'd get burned out for playing it so much and with FF I'd want to play something else while I'm in bed.

I wouldn't have this problem if I had the Project Q device that Sony announced. If I could be playing FFVII Remake while I'm in bed, I'd probably only play that right now. So this problem could get resolved or at least be mitigated when the device comes out.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

@LtSarge Play Final Fantasy VII Remake and then Paranormasight in bed. Problem solved.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Ralizah

Time for a new list.
By May 12th (the release date of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, which is going to monopolize all of my time once it releases), I want to complete the following games.

In-Progress:
Fire Emblem Engage (NS) ✔️
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom (NS) ✔️
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition (NS) ✔️

Upcoming:
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (NS) ❌
Grim Guardians: Demon Purge (NS) ✔️

Platinum Run:
Gravity Rush Remastered (PS4) ❌

Well, I completed four of the six in time. Could be worse.

In-Progress:
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe (Switch)
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)
Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Switch)
Paranormasight: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo (Switch)
Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Future Redeemed (Switch)

Upcoming Purchases:
Master Detective Archives: Rain Code (Switch)
Pikmin 4 (Switch)

Watch me backtrack on this like the hypocrite I am once a new Mario or Persona or something is announced, but after these, I think I'm largely done buying games for a while. My multi-system backlog is too big at this point, and I'll never get to play the games I own if I keep buying new ones.

Anyway, my current plan is to peck away at the games on my in-progress list one at a time, and take breaks to play the two new games I'm looking to buy (as a fan of Danganronpa, Zelda, Pikmin, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Advance Wars, April - July feels like gaming bliss to me).

I did get a new GPU back on my birthday in April, so I'll probably play Cyberpunk 2077 in small chunks as well over the months until Starfield comes out. Assuming it's not a terrible release, Starfield will be my focus for a good long while after September.

Edited on by Ralizah

Th3solution

I’ve not really updated here since last August. Sheesh, time flies…

Previously
PS5
Immortals: Fenyx Rising - never finished ➖
Gran Turismo 7 - finished all menus ☑️
The Stanley Parable - finished several ☑️

PS4
Little Nightmares - finished ☑️
BioShock 2 - never finished ➖
Uncharted 2 - nope ➖

Planned Purchases
Horizon Forbidden West - ☑️
Uncharted Legacy of Thieves Collection - ☑️
Upgrade to PS Plus Extra - ☑️

Currently
PS5
Star Wars: Jedi Survivor
Tchia

PS4
Tacoma
Life is Strange 2

Planned Purchases
Final Fantasy XVI
God of War Ragnarok
Shatter: Remastered

With several long action-adventure styled games in the backlog, I’m feeling the need to intersperse some shorter and more laid back games.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LtSarge

@Th3solution How long did it take you to finish Gran Turismo 7? Also, what does "menus" entail in this case? I'm considering starting the game up in the near future but I've never played a GT game before.

If you haven't already played it, I recommend Stray, especially since you have PS+ Extra. I played it after finishing a long game and it was the perfect palate cleanser.

I haven't played this one yet, but I bought Gris today. I remember the game receiving tons of praise when it came out but I never got it until now as it's on sale for only €5. It's also 3-4 hours apparently, so maybe that would be fitting to play.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@LtSarge Yes, Stray is definitely on my list as well. It was between Stray and Tchia for my next shorter indie/AA game and I’m going to try Tchia so as to play along with the GameClub. I will get to Stray hopefully this year though. And that’s a good shout for Gris; I’ve also heard some good things and it sounds like it would be a nice fit between larger games. The new one from the studio showing on the recent showcase brought it to mind.

As for GT7, it’s really great. I think it took me around 50-60 hours or so to clear all the menus. But I’ve played almost all the GT games going back to PS1, so I have a familiarity with the series. If you’re not into sim style racers then it may not hit for you.

But there’s no questioning the attention to detail and the awesome PS5 feature-set with haptics and triggers. Menus are the games solo campaign. It takes place through a hub located at a cafe and the owner gives you “menus” to complete to progress through the game and gradually be exposed to different types of cars. A menu might be “Obtain car A and then place in the top 3 in Race X”. As soon as you do all the things on the menu you go back to the cafe and the owner congratulates you and give you a prize of some kind. But you can do races on your own and buy whatever car you want, but the cafe/menu system makes for a general flow and approach since it starts you out with easier races and it kind of forces you to try different types of cars and racetracks. As you might suspect, the game crescendos to a large GT Championship race and once you win the cup, you could feel satisfied to have “completed” the game, but there’s other menus after that which are supplemental like dealing with classic cars and such. The amount of content is pretty huge.

The game also has a robust online racing center and other single player activities like music races where you are racing through gates to keep up with the music, a missions section where you race in certain settings with objectives, etc. The game is updated with new cars and new tracks and new events every so often.

There’s a real money microtransaction piece to the game which is completely unobtrusive and I never spent any money and still was able to get tons of time and enjoyment from it. Certain cars are super expensive but completely optional to own, but you can still grind a few of the events to earn the credits rather than pay real money, but the option is there if you want to save a few hours of grinding. The main menu campaign has absolutely no need to spend money, it would only be for afterward and if you want to streamline a few trophies if you’re going for the platinum. Still, you can definitely get the platinum without engaging it MTX

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Anti-Matter

Currently

PS4
Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town

Upcoming purchase (PS4)

Harvest Moon One World
Bomber Crew
Hokko Life

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Kidfried

Backlog
The Messenger (in progress)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (in progress)
Tchia (game club)
Final Fantasy VII Remake: Yuffie
Horizon Forbidden West

Most wanted
Final Fantasy 16

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic