Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 761 to 780 of 807

Jswift56

Completed it last Friday, absolutely gorgeous story telling and character development.
Took my time about 40 hours , will platinum if can though. Not sure about a sequel with just autreus though.

Edited on by DreamlandGem

Jswift56

PSN: Jswift56

Octane

Spoiler alert. I finished the main story (stopped right after the credits).

I personally thought the game's ending felt... smaller than expected? Especially given how Ragnarok is described in literature and how it was hinted at in the games. Yes, it was a visually impressive spectacle, but the first 80% was navigating terrain and defeating regular enemies you've seen plenty of before. There was another Thor fight, and the Odin fight itself. But I somehow expected more for something as grand as Ragnarok. The World Serpent getting sent back in time was something that flashed by in the background, I didn't even have enough time to register it was fighting with Thor, and Mimir later sorta confirmed it a little while after the credits. Which is fine, but for something to be made such a big deal out of in the first game, I expected a little more involvement of Jormungandr itself. I also guess that too many characters survive for such a climactic end-game fight. Is there a narrative reason Fenrir made it out alive, other than being a cute backdrop in Jotunheim? We'll find out I guess.

As for what's next. I think Atreus' adventure may even hint at some kind of DLC, as I expect they will move to Egyptian mythology with the next proper game. At one point I was thinking that Kratos traveling to Egypt may have been a way trying to retrieve Brok's soul(s). With death being a central theme in Egyptian mythos, I could see them tracking down Osiris to get Brok back or something. Could be a reason to set the new saga into motion. But I haven't been to Brok's funeral, so I don't know how conclusive the game will be with that story arc.

Also, who blew the horn?

Octane

KilloWertz

@Jswift56 I know you could say it's my own fault for coming in here when I wasn't finished yet, but you'd also expect somebody to spoiler tag something like that. Damn, thanks btw for being so lazy....

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

DreamlandGem

So I played GoW 2018 just in time for Ragnarok's launch (just a bit late to the party, I know lol) and also recently finished Ragnarok too.

Gotta say, these two games are up there in my favourites of all time. Everything from the story, characters, gameplay & music just blew me away. 10/10 from me!

Poyo!

Twitter:

Jswift56

@KilloWertz sorry thought it wasn't specific or detailed. It sounds more final in what i said than the real ending but sorry should of put a spoiler alert on.

Jswift56

PSN: Jswift56

KilloWertz

@Jswift56 No, it wasn't detailed, but a spoiler is still a spoiler even if it's just a few words. Talking about the next game obviously could give away what happens.

Knowing that it doesn't necessarily mean what I thought it meant is a potential relief, but I'm sure it's understandable why I was angry to see that at the time since I haven't finished the game yet. Regardless, I've learned my lesson and won't be coming back in here until I'm done other than to read your reply if there is one.

SoulChimera

King Hrolf is doing my head in. Had to drop down to story difficulty and I still perform the same. Get him right down to the last bar and then get obliterated. Tried different builds I’ve read online and still can’t do it. Think I’ve tried about 20 times now. All the other berserkers were straight forward, this guy sucks. Haha.

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

Fight_Teza_Fight

Had a fun experience last night… .
Went to see my cousin last night for Xmas. He’s much more a casual gamer. Just plays the annual sports games (FIFA, NBA…), final fantasy & Kingdom Hearts. Over dinner I was shocked to find out that he had actually beat GOW (2018), loved it so much that he had bought Ragnarok a couple of days ago.
He loved 2018 but felt that the ending was anticlimactic. He expected another boss fight.
After a bit of probing I found out that he never went ‘home’ (he hates spoilers). So as soon as we got back I got him to do that & then watched him play Ragnarok all the way to the real first boss fight.
I was just entertained by watching someone play this game for the first time, who has had nothing spoiled to him whatsoever.
It was also hilarious as he did not not know that ‘locking on’ was possible (yet beat 2018) & got frustrated that there was no compass (I ensured him that he’d get it after a few hours).
Felt very wholesome & very Christmasy 🍻

Edited on by Fight_Teza_Fight

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

SoulChimera

Got the Platinum. After about 30 attempts to beat King Hrolf, I changed my armour and bam, did him first go. Then all I had was Gna and remembering the last game, I knew I would want to smash my controller. But no, kicked the crap out of her with half my energy still there. Phew. Haha.

Absolutely amazing game. Gutted it’s all over.

Edited on by SoulChimera

SoulChimera

KilloWertz

@EaglyTheKawaiiShika It's amazing that they still haven't fixed this after over a month. Luckily for me it didn't keep me from finishing the story, but I wonder if I would have had it happen to me at some point if I did more of the side quests. I couldn't bring myself to do more as I thought some of them were the weakest part of the game.

Given how often the game autosaves, I'm surprised reloading one of them doesn't fix the problem, but I guess not given that people are still having issues with it.

MaulTsir

Started Ragnarok last night, 2 hours in, so far a pretty epic opening!! Here we goooo!!

MaulTsir

TheIdleCritic

Greatness recognises greatness. As one of the handful of people on this earth who sincerely loved The Order 1886 (I play it to completion once a year as is now tradition) it made this aging bitter heart feel a smidgen of joy seeing this reference. Untitled

Edited on by TheIdleCritic

LtSarge

Dear lord, the optional area in Vanaheim is absolutely massive! You could easily spend 5+ hours here. Granted, it's probably there to help people grind before the final fight(s) since you get so much good loot that'll help you level up very fast. But it's still crazy that there's this much optional content since it's actually very good.

LtSarge

MaulTsir

8 hours in now and this game just keeps getting better, I just constantly want to keep seeing what's next and then what's next! It's been worth the wait!

MaulTsir

Thrillho

I reckon I must be reasonably far in now having just gone back to Vanaheim and freed the moon

I’ve been picking off other bits as I’ve gone, including some of the beserker fights which I’ve done okay on so far but have had my arse handed to me by the trio fight in Alfheim

I’ve also been into Muspelheim and managed the 6 main challenges, plus the first two extras but then got battered by the first central challenge

Good fun though so far and hoping there’s still plenty to come!

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Thrillho

@LtSarge I’m at that large area now and you’re right, there’s a fair bit going on in there! Some pretty tough fights too.

Thrillho

LieutenantFatman

Just completed the main story for this, really great stuff. I thought the final chapter so to speak would have been a bit longer and grander in scope. But still a very enjoyable experience with some excellent characters.

LieutenantFatman

colonelkilgore

@LieutenantFatman the post game is excellent, both in terms of challenges but also tying up a few narrative strands from the main story itself. It’s surprising how much narrative is left in all honesty

**** DLC!

LieutenantFatman

@colonelkilgore
Good to know, thanks! I will keep playing, it's an unusual way of doing things so I was wondering.

LieutenantFatman

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic