Forums

Topic: God of War OT

Posts 741 to 760 of 807

Voltan

@MightyDemon82 some fights are required but not sufficient for the "relics and hilts" trophy - there are also relics found elsewhere, including some just lying around

btw, I got 100% on all realms and the platinum already but I might still go back and explore some, as I heard there are some extra interactions unlocked after beating one of the post-game quests and I might want to see those

Voltan

KilloWertz

Searching for over 10 minutes on Google and YouTube have proved to be absolutely useless, so I figured I'd ask here. I'll put it in spoilers just to be safe... I'm trying to do the Lunda side quest The Mysterious Orb, but I can't figure out how to get out of Freya's Camp to even start the quest to find the armor pieces and the orb. Any walkthrough videos just show you already out of her camp looking for pieces of it. Any help?

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

render

I've put in over 40 odd hours now and still feel like I've barely touched the surface of this game. Just wondered into another huge area and started exploring that and it looks pretty interesting so far. I'm shooting for the platinum but it's going to take me some time to get there.

render

MightyDemon82

@Voltan I've seen a few of those and it's great.
Congrats on the platinum. Might get mine this weekend!

MightyDemon82

Jimmer-jammer

I finally “finished” the game at well over 50 hours and I still have quite a bit to do! I’m so very glad that I kept completely spoiler free for this one. And what an epic conclusion to this arc it was!

I appreciated such a mature and melancholic exploration of existential themes by way of quiet, intimate and emotional storytelling. Gameplay is super polished and exploration is a joy, though I can see how it might not be for everyone. Looks like everyone else here has been enjoying it for the most part though. Hope to wrap up the platinum…eventually. What a game. Cheers!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

KilloWertz

@jdv95 Unless I'm completely brain farting, I have no idea how to open it if you mean the large gate that is right passed the "door" to go back home. It can't be that I don't have whatever you need to open it as it's a side quest before you go back home again.

Edit: Unless you mean the Pilgrim Gate, which I can't even get to since I can't get out of the camp to get to a boat.

Edited on by KilloWertz

jdv95

@KilloWertz i remember doing that quest after the main mission by just exploring the inner island. I went back to camp afterwards

Maybe you can use fast travel to travel to a place beyond the gate? if not then you can go back later after a story mission where you unlock something new. You,ll see what i mean when you get it.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

KilloWertz

@jdv95 Thanks for the suggestions, but I was having trouble because I was ignoring a "door" that let me progress outside of the camp. Seemed logical to think if I opened that it would be to go back home since it had the yellow main quest icon, but I actually had to open that to even progress to the side quests. A bit puzzling design, but I'd say it only wasted 20-30 minutes (still was pretty frustrating though).

KilloWertz

@jdv95 Thanks. I would call it a rare case of poor design, but oh well since it's now over and done with. Back to loving the game...

@MightyDemon82 Not yet. During the week, I have to play in 40-60 minute spurts around work, so it can take me a little while to do some things. I have a lot more time on the weekends, so I should complete it then. Since you get at least 3 quests roughly at the same time, I ended up getting a bit sidetracked, but I got one piece of the armor so far and I'm en route.

Th3solution

@KilloWertz Enjoying it more than 2018 GoW so far?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

KilloWertz

@Th3solution A lot more, especially since Atreus is actually likable in this game and not a whiny brat.

At least at the point I am now, it probably would have been my GOTY if it didn't come out in the same year as Horizon Forbidden West.

MightyDemon82

Finally got the platinum and 100% the game. Loved it although I was getting fed up hearing the same exchange about bring tired whilst finishing looking for my last few lore and artefacts. Still a 10/10 game though. Top stuff even if a certain 2 fights were beginning to drive me nuts. Got there in the end though!

MightyDemon82

render

I finished the main story on Saturday and honestly really really enjoyed it. The characters, interactions, and the environments all of them amazingly well realised and an ending that felt epic in scale. I enjoyed GoW 2018 so much that they could easily have given me the same again just with a different story and I still would have loved it. Instead they've packed a ton more stuff in here that's made it feel like an even bigger experience without taking away that great wide-linear structure that they developed.

@MightyDemon82 Congrats on earning the platinum. I'm heading that way myself but I've plenty to do before then and I'm not disappointed by that.

Edited on by render

render

MightyDemon82

@render Thanks, I certainly enjoyed everything the game had to offer. the side content is excellent so I hope you have a great time going through it all. back to continuing Tales of Arise for me which I was enjoying but Ragnarok couldn't wait.

MightyDemon82

KilloWertz

Obviously I don't want to be spoiled, but the payoff better be worth it as I hit the point Atreus goes all "entitled brat" like what really bothered me in the first game. This is the first time in the game he actually bothered me, as up until that point he was a lot better by a wide margin. Him flipping out and going to Asgard was absolutely ridiculous. I'm sorry, but maybe people would trust you if you weren't constantly lying and hiding things. Maybe actually speak the truth for once and stop literally acting like an entitled brat whenever things don't go your way.

BearsEatBeets

I finally finished Ragnarök (main story-wise) yesterday and I absolutely adored the game. I thought the previous one was great but this improves on that in pretty much every conceivable way. I feel it impressively utilizes the seamless one shot camera, especially when 'switching perspectives'.
The best game I've played probably since RDR 2 and now amongst my all time favourites.

I hadn't left too much to do post story but really liked how they handled that also. Not ashamed to say I knocked down the difficulty to do all the 12 'gravestones' (I attempted 2 during the story but got nowhere) and the 2 final big ones after that. I was quite chuffed I only had to look up 3 ravens and one hilt (which was very near a chest I opened so don't know how I missed it).

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Octane

I'm doing the crater, and this is something else. I feel like it is all side stuff, but it's so much. I don't think I'll ever be done here, or find my way around this place.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic