Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,795

TheOtherEden

@Kidfried I agree with you completely. 70 dollars for the remastered version of one 2018’s best games and the new Spider-Man with it is pretty great imo. Prefect for people who haven’t played PlayStation in a while or haven’t played the original.

@TheFrenchiestFry I think you’re right. It was a bit more justified due to timing of the original Last of Us and the fact that the PS4 couldn’t play PS3 games.

I do think there being a little fair with some things with this Spider-Man Remaster, though. They could have just as easily made the new suits not available for owners of the original PS4 version. And could have easily made the original not backwards compatible, forcing you to buy the remaster if you want to play it on PS5. Granted i don’t except much improvements from playing the PS4 version on PS5. After all what’s the use of buying the remastered version then?

Also It is kinda weird that the only way to buy it is if you pay for the deluxe version or whatever it’s called. I’m sure the remaster will be sold on its own eventually though. If it was sold like for like 20 to 30 bucks that’s an absolute steal. Though I’m not really a fan of the new face model, haha.

Edited on by TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheOtherEden If it gets a standalone release then I'll pick it up, but I ain't blowing 90 ish CAD just to get access to it in addition to Miles Morales

My toleration with provincial VAT only goes so far

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheOtherEden

@TheFrenchiestFry

I’m actually going to probably buy Miles Morales on PS4. Hopefully it won’t be too downgraded from the PS5 version. I’m honestly probably going to stick with PS4 a little while longer. Only game I want to play it on is Demons souls. Morales I can just get on PS4.

TheOtherEden

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheOtherEden I imagine the major differences will probably the lack of ray tracing, probably a 30fps cap like Spider-Man PS4 and none of the instantaneous loading stuff when you do stuff like exit criminal hideouts

Not too much of a compromise imo

TheFrenchiestFry

TheOtherEden

@TheFrenchiestFry
Yeah it’s pretty great that the gaps between generations have shrunk. Cross Gen games with previous console generations were honestly not this good. I remember games like Destiny, MGS V, GTA V We’re just awful on 7th Gen hardware. Blurry, frame rate drops, not even worth playing on older hardware at that point.

But now things are so much better. At the tale end of the 7th generation you could really see how the hardware was showing it’s age. Just compare The Last of Us on PS3 vs The Last of Us Part II on PS4. It’s a night and day difference. Part I is blurry and has frame rate drops and doesn’t run in full HD. But Part II runs beautifully, full 1080p, not even a single frame rate drop. Both games are pushing there consoles hardware to the limit.

I think it’s a good comparison on just how much games ran better this generation. I think we’re at the point we’re remasters are less of a difference as they were before. 4K is inherently less of a bump then going from 720p to 1080p, at even then there’s some games this gen that run at 1400p all ready. I think for the First year or so PS4 players aren’t gonna miss out too much on getting 8th gen versions of games, unlike before where it was a bigger difference with cross gen games. It’s kinda like running pc games at high settings vs medium.

Edited on by TheOtherEden

TheOtherEden

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheOtherEden I honestly completely forgot MGSV released on PS3 and 360

Considering the Fox Engine was specifically designed with next gen systems in mind and was being futureproofed around those circumstances I don't even know why they bothered trying to port a game of that scale, especially an open world game with such high graphical fidelity to last gen consoles

TheFrenchiestFry

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry I wonder if we're going to say the same thing about Horizon 2 or maybe even Miles Morales.

Kidfried

JohnnyShoulder

@TheOtherEden I seem to remember a few games almost unplayable on last gen systems too. Dragon Age Inquisition and Shadow of Mordor (because of the Nemesis system) were FUBAR on release. They might have been patched later later though.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried I have a feeling a lot more people are going to buy Miles Morales on PS4 initially and wait it out on the PS5 version since they're not immediately making the jump to next gen yet

The PS5's true Spider-Man game is undoubtedly going to be the proper direct sequel. It's like how Twilight Princess was released on both Wii and GameCube but then the Wii got its own proper Zelda specific to that system with Skyward Sword

TheFrenchiestFry

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry Twilight Princess sold way better on Wii than GameCube by the way, not even close.

But I was talking more about how well the game is doing performance wise. I have heard a lot of people talking about how they are getting Miles Morales for the PS4 and not PS5, and how they don't care about a few bells and whistles. Sure.

I remember those same stories from people about Twilight Princess, Breath of the Wild, AC IV Black Flag, etc. But when the reviews came out and showed us that, yea, these games perform just way smoother, look better and load faster on their next-gen system, well, a lot of people changed their mind.

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@Kidfried Breath of the Wild on Wii U honestly doesn't look that bad and doesn't sacrifice that much compared to Switch

The only glaring problem imo was the washed out presentation and framerate dips when something intensive like an explosion from a barrel occurs but they aren't that different

Also the last gen versions of Black Flag are sitting at 88 for PS3 and 86 for X360 on Metacritic so the reviews are clearly not that much of an issue either since they're obviously also talking about performance discrepancies when factoring in what positive reviews are weighted on that site

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Kidfried

@TheFrenchiestFry Playing it on Wii U with was actually one of the reasons I totally gave up on the game.

720p/20fps VS 920/30fps is a huge difference.

Sure, it's fine for some, but it certainly isn't for me. And l think most people on this site wouldnt consider buying a 20FPS game

If that kind of difference isn't meaningful to you, than I totally get why you would play Miles Morales on PS4 no matter what as well.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

Bentleyma

Anyone play the Xbox 360 version of Titanfall? It was amazing how close Bluepoint Games managed to get to the Xbox One version.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

OnlyDribble

Does anyone know if I get plus if it auto uploads my online data because my PS4 won't start and is stuck in safe mode and the only way to get it out is to factory reset it and i don't have plus so my data is not saved and I wanted to see if I could get plus on the PlayStation website and my data still be uploaded, because I can't load in the my PS4 and do it myself.

OnlyDribble

Thrillho

@OnlyDribble Sadly, I would have thought the data is all on the console so getting PS+ now isn’t going to help as you’d need the console to connect online to upload your data first.

Thrillho

nessisonett

Accidentally deleted Rocket League today. Meant to put the PS4 into rest mode and in some sort of stupor, I pressed options, scrolled down to ‘delete’ and pressed X. I have absolutely no idea what I was doing until it was too late. My younger brother looked at me like I was an absolute idiot, which to be fair to him, I am.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett It’s your conscience trying to tell you something — that Rocket League is an overrated waste of precious hard drive space.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

Ooh, check out the hot take from @Th3solution there! Zing!

@nessisonett Hey, deleting a game is one thing; you just re-install it and you're all set. What about going to preserve hours of carefully-captured screencaps by copying them to a USB stick and selecting the "delete all" option instead?

I'm not an angry man, but I think the fist-shaped hole in my wall would say otherwise.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Wait, where am I? Isn’t this the Unpopular Gaming Opinions thread? (😜 I guess there’s a little troll inside of everyone.)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic