Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,795

Jimmer-jammer

@Voltan it’s a bit of a shame I don’t hear more chatter about it, it’s a really great game and of high quality. I couldn’t even find a review on this site. Yeah I don’t know what it was about that last level...the game is no doubt difficult but that final mission required the manual dexterity of a double jointed octopus and I pretty much just ‘sheer force of willed’ my way through it

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

urrutiap

anyone know where the heck to find a damn Playstation 4?

Target or Best Buy?

urrutiap

Kidfried

Bought the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle expansion last week. It comes with a new newighborhood. Strange thing is that all the junk in the neighboorhood is glitching, and have turned into something that looks like the Astral Spikes from Control. It's really terrible.

Of course I looked up the problem online, and guess what: there is no fix at all. The glitch affects every lot in the neighboorhood (!), with one lot even becoming pretty much unplayable. The glitch

Screenshot from Control:
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/control6745/images/1/1a/Ast...

Sims 4:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/109785iE9...

Of course a lot of people have reported the bug before me, over a year ago already. And EA didn't fix it., to the point of ignoring the bug reports. It's almost that bad that I returned the expansion, which I've never done before, because... well I didn't ever buy something this broken.

Anyway, strange situation, and just a warning sign to anyone that's thinking about picking up this expansion.

ALSO, it's probably the best Sims expansion ever released with regards to the type of content and gameplay. It's very, very milennial. And I'd recommend it to anyone... on PC.

Edited on by Kidfried

Kidfried

nessisonett

@Kidfried Oh wow, I have that one on PC and didn’t realise it was quite that dreadful on PS4. Typical EA!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried It's the crossover no one knew about until now. Maybe The Hiss have started invading and started in The Sims 4. How very Hiss like.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Dared to beat somebody in FIFA so now my PSN is being inundated with messages from them and their mates calling me a fa**ot and other such nonsense. I swear it’s like the guy’s entire friends list, there’s about 12 of them. Having to go through Sony’s report process for every single person is a nightmare. I really don’t want to make my account unable for messages to be sent because you do sometimes meet some alright people but I do find it a little funny that people were crying ‘fascism 1984’ at Sony making reporting easier on PS5.

nessisonett

@Arugula PES seems to be a lot lower stakes for people. Plus the gameplay’s better. Can’t wait for the PS5 PES game to come out so I can jump ship.

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer hey dude, I just noticed you mention Ashen, it’s in my backlog and I’m looking forward to it too. Out of interest, are you trying for (or already achieved) the platinum?

The reason I ask is that, from what I gather beating the last boss on the ‘Children of Sissna’ difficulty is supposedly incredibly difficult (some have stated just downright impossible) without a decent co-op partner. If you are going for this (or have already achieved it) I’d be interested to hear your take.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula @nessisonett I've had a few abusive messages when I've won at PES, but that was a couple of years ago. I didn't play enough of the last Fifa game I played to git gud for me to win against anyone online.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett @JohnnyShoulder @Arugula I personally never play Fifa but a few of the guys in work do... and with everything I hear from them, it is definitely not a fun experience. They don’t seem to mind the toxicity aspect that much, they seem to find it quite amusing actually... but they all seemed ‘imprisoned’ by the game. I can hear the anxiety in their speech as we approach a weekend and they know that somehow they have to find enough time to play like 20(?) matches... and each one of those has an awful lot (as far as they are concerned) riding on it.

That, together with the sheer amount of money they pay for cards (?)... it just sounds like a good way to turn a fun hobby/past-time into something to dread.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore there was a noticeable difficulty spike with the last boss on the regular mode, so I can only imagine what Children of Sissna could be like. I have only two trophies left and was planning on getting the platinum, but the ‘threads of light’ trophy, where you have to wear each relic once, wouldn’t pop for me and it costs 10,000 scoria to equip each one and I just didn’t have it in me to farm all of that scoria again for something I already did. Then I read about having to do another play through on Sissna difficulty...this series of events all happened while I was struggling on the final boss and just killed my ambition for that plat.

With that said, after stepping away from the game for a bit, I might give it a go again if I could find a co op partner.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer well, if you fancy it I’ll be looking for a co-op partner for that last boss when I dive in. So if you can wait a wee while we could try for the plat together.

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore totally! Let me know and I’ll be ready. It’s a good game!

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer excellent, I’ll try and bump it up the schedule a bit (which won’t be easy if I’m honest) but I’ll deffo try and make it sometime in 2021. You okay with that?

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore Yeah, it’s a weekend league thing where you play 30 games and get ranked for how many games you win. The guy messaged me as soon as the game started telling me to let him win. I didn’t.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett omg, why would anybody play a competitive game of anything against another person playing for the same competitive reasons and then expect them to let the other person win? Glad you beat him!

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@colonelkilgore I can honestly see why someone would have a bit of a breakdown playing that mode though, it encourages extremely high tension which in turn fuels the desire to spend money on better players. It all feels a bit wrong.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I’m happy to say that I will never find out. I like sports well enough, particularly rugby and MMA but I find I don’t enjoy games based on sports. Give me a good 3rd person single player adventure any day (& the occasional co-op).

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore yeah that works for me! Hope we can make it happen what with time differences and all that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic