Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,795

nessisonett

That’s Ubisoft delayed Far Cry 6 and Rainbow Six Quarantine now. Guess we’re properly feeling the Covid delays now.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@Draco_V_Ecliptic You could probably finish the game a dozen times before Elden Ring comes out lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

@nessisonett Yeah, with those kind of delays expect Animal Crossing to remain in those software sales top 10's for weeks to come. There's something inherently sad about that game now.

Kidfried

nessisonett

Glasgow Northwest is now in Train Simulator 2021. Might get it now, could be a right laugh to see the train lines recreated. My local station isn’t there cause I’m on a different line but the one next door to my old house is. Plus you get those fetching blue ScotRail trains. I do like those trains.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

Some interesting stuff here. While not selling as many units as the PS2 it certainly seems like the PS4 is Sony's most profitable console.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

Jaz007

@BearsEatBeets I wonder if Plus games are taken into consideration? Because I have a huge number of PS4 games from that. I have a lot otherwise too, but that could skew the numbers a bit.

Jaz007

BearsEatBeets

@Jaz007 From these other ones it seems to exclude Plus games.

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Kidfried

@BearsEatBeets Interesting numbers. Especially interesting to see that the PS4 had been doing so well as s result of the pandemic.

(Goes to show that these physical charts posted on the website show even less than 40% of gaming purchases, that's hardly representative anymore for whatever is happening in gaming land. Yes, I've said that a hundred times before and I'll keep saying it until websites like Push and Nintendo Life start reporting on it, like it's saying anything about how a game is doing. It's like making a video game chart but only including females, or only including catholics.)

Kidfried

BearsEatBeets

@Kidfried yeah physical sales charts aren't anything more than a moderate indicator as to what the best selling games are. Not sure when compared to digital sales charts if the purchasing choices are aligned or not. I thought a good while back that someone was going to track the two formats and combine them for the full picture.

Also I missed out this one about hardware sale prices dropping over time.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried Too be fair the media outlets can only report on what is given to them by the companies that track the data. I think Chartrack do it in the UK, and they did say this year they would be do a combined digital and physical chart. The problem is though is is upto the publishers and platform holders to release those figures. Nintendo don't release digital figures and nor do some other publishers, so even if the digital sales were reported on, it would never be a paint the whole picture until everyone plays ball.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@BearsEatBeets The mix of third party vs first party sales is different than I thought it would be. I figured first party would account for more than 17%, but when I look at my own purchases and games played, I’m calculating roughly 20-25% as Sony first party, so I guess that’s correct. I’m likely going lean a little higher than the average population toward the first party franchises, but surprisingly not they much.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I posted over on the other thread about it, but on PS4 I’m playing Valiant Hearts, as well as still playing RE2 with the game club. I think the next game up after I finish this will be God of War, Hitman, Persona 5, or FF7R. I’ll have to see what my mood dictates.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I really hope that you elect to go for God Of War. Get it completed just in time for Ragnarok on the PS5 (The game, not the Norse myth of the end of the world on which it is based). I believe we discussed this before when we were discussing Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

LieutenantFatman

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
Hey matey, good to see you! Hollow Knight is great, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm still really stuck into Death Stranding, a fair way in now. And I just purchased Celeste in the psn sale so that might be next..

LieutenantFatman

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic That was quick!

I finished DOOM: Eternal a week or so ago and haven't been playing much as I've been busy with work and packing to move house. When I've had chance, I've been having a go at the second DLC pack for Two Point Hospital to get that sweet platinum trophy!

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@crimsontadpoles Thank you. Is it a survival horror then? How would rate it thus far? Fun? enjoyable? Tell me more.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Hahaha, I know ,couldn't stay away! Anyway, thanks for the way you said farewell to me, that was touching with the Souls reference, very appropriate. Anyway, what do you work as? What's the new place gonna be like? Do you think you'll settle in alright? It's always a weird experience, when you move.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic