Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 1,795

Thrillho

I don’t think I’ve ever played the multiplayer component of the Naughty Dog games.

Thrillho

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Don't quite remember factions mode in the original even though I did play it, but I don't think so. They could be trying something different with the mulitplayer mode for this game though. It is supposed to be more substantial.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@Thrillho The Uncharted 4 multiplayer is one of only two competitive online multiplayer games that I've ever played (and I mean, properly played; I've dabbled elsewhere, but I'm talking about sinking a good month's worth of free time into something). It was, and probably still is providing you can find a full lobby, a heck of a lot of fun. Even if you're not a fan of online multiplayer, I'd encourage anybody with the game (or The Lost Legacy, as it's included there, too) to check out a couple rounds.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I should try UC4 multiplayer. Probably my best MP memories are with UC2. I was horrible at it, but had fun at the time.

I tried Factions on TLoU and didn’t find it nearly as appealing.

The other enjoyable MP add-ons for me were the Assassins Creed Ezio games. It was nice to get points for just hiding and avoiding conflict.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kidfried

@Th3solution Yeah, I couldn't get into Factions either... Hope they're doing something very different for TLOU2.

Kidfried

RogerRoger

@Th3solution It's one of those experiences in which charm and character does the heavy lifting. The core gameplay is frighteningly simple, but the maps are decent and the extended Uncharted cast make for some fun companions. There's also enough space to inject your personality into the proceedings, given that everybody's moving at the pace set by the campaign's gunplay; you won't immediately get killed by some mouse-wielding pro gamer if you stop moving for a second.

I moved on from it a week after they introduced a feature allowing you to save replays of your matches, zooming the camera about and pausing / fast-forwarding / rewinding the action. I made a quick and dirty video with it, but always meant to go back and have a proper play.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I wonder how active the servers are. I might have to pull out of the archives and dust off the ol’ UC4 disc. I think I deleted with data off my hard drive though, so it might take a real strong impulse to push me to go through the loading process again. 😄

I ashamed at how impatient I have become with regard to gaming and technology. Loading screens and downloads are getting on my last nerve lately. I think it’s a subliminal effect of all this propaganda of next gen SSD lightning fast loads. I didn’t use to be this way.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Octane

@Thrillho I've heard good things about the ND multiplayer modes. Maybe I'll give this one a shot. If it's as frantic as TLOU2, it ought to be good.

Octane

TheFrenchiestFry

Currently amassing a list on Amazon of the PS4 games I either never owned physically that I wanted to like Persona 5 Royal, or games I missed out on initially like inFamous First Light in prep for the PS5 launch

I was initially holding out on buying P5R at launch because Catherine's Switch port gave me some slight hope that the survey Atlus conducted with its Japanese playerbase earlier this year was actually being taken into consideration, especially since I already own the vanilla game on PS4 as is, but I caved in once the COVID pandemic settled in and school was officially closed for the rest of the year, so I pre-ordered it digitally literally like 2 nights before launch since I wanted to actively avoid spoilers.

I saw the launch steelbook for like 60 bucks too so that's something

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

So the three suits being added to Spider-Man Remastered on PS5 are also going to be patched into the PS4 version at a later date, further lessening any reason to even get Ultimate Edition for the remaster unless you just really care about seeing your reflection on windows

TheFrenchiestFry

JohnnyShoulder

@TheFrenchiestFry Yeah I'm just gonna play the dlc for Spider-Man on my PS5, which I've yet to start, and take any enchantments (if any) that comes with playing it through backwards compatibility.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

TheOtherEden

@TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah I have been trying to get my hands on the steelbook of persona 5 Royal for a while now. I have been trying to get it for cheap, because I actually all ready have the game haha. I love it so much though, that i just want that steelbook so badly. I’m hoping for this BlackFriday i can maybe snag it for pretty cheap.

As for Spider-Man I agree, I probably won’t be getting the remaster if i get the PS5. I’m perfectly content with the PS4 version right now. I still haven’t done the DLC yet for it. It’s so crazy just a year ago we got the game of the year edition, and now there’s all ready a remastered version coming out.

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheOtherEden Yeah that's the big thing that really rubs me the wrong way about this remaster even existing

Just last year they released GOTY Edition with all the DLC, and by the looks of things the only major change to this remaster that I guess is justifying it right now is Peter's new character model, which a lot of people are already heavily divided on. The only real loss to me I guess is 60fps performance but I can live without it if it's not going to be patched in with Game Boost or anything like that, and I can certainly sleep soundly without the thought of ray traced puddles

TheFrenchiestFry

TheOtherEden

@TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah I agree, that was when I snagged the DLC actually. Last year The game of the year edition was on sale as well as the season pass.
I picked up the season pass for a pretty good price. At the time i was thinking, i now have the most definitive version of the game. But I guess I was wrong because not even a year later the remastered version was shown off.

I actually remember thinking the same thing with The Last of Us Remastered on PS4. That one only came out a year after the PS3, even less then Spider-Man. I remember thinking it was pretty bad to charge people 60 dollars for a remaster of a one year old game. To me it just showed how the PS4 didn’t really have anything to play on it until like 2015. But looking back on it, i can see some positives. The game ran pretty poorly on PS3. It was pretty blurry and it lagged a lot. The PS4 version made the game a bit more playable because of that. Plus it had 60 FPS support as well? Don’t quote me on that. It was a pretty no thrills remaster, but at the end of the day I’m glad that they did it.

TheOtherEden

PSN: DiditAllByMySelf

Kidfried

I think for some people this Spider Man Remaster is just perfect. People like me, who haven't played the 2018 game yet, or people coming over from Xbox.

And the people complaining about it, are the people who this Remaster was never aimed at in the first place.

I think the complaining is just lame. Charging 20 euro extra to get a remastered GOTY version of one of 2018's best games is a steal, not a rip off.

Kidfried

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheOtherEden I feel like stuff like Last of Us Remastered and the Uncharted collection was actually justified partially because the PS4 just had no alternative way to play PS3 games, and TLOU came out at pretty much the tail end of the transition between PS3 and PS4, so it definitely needed further exposure since all the eyes were on next gen. Since the PS4 and Xbox One's backwards compatibility with previous gens were either non-existent or very limited in most cases initially, that definitely factored into why we got so many re-releases, remasters and ports of last gen titles

This time there's way less of an excuse because both consoles are pretty well versed in their ability to play legacy content from the get go

TheFrenchiestFry

JohnnyShoulder

@Kidfried That would be fine if you could pay 20 quid just to get the remaster. But you can't, the only way to get it is to pay 70 quid for the Ultimate version of Miles Morales. That is not a complaint btw, just pointing it out.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic