Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,795

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Mine too, and it's real impressive, but I still reckon it'll have an edge which we'll only be able to fully appreciate when we've got a DualSense in our hands.

Have only just seen the new Pete, as well. I actually approve of the change.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Doubt I'll be paying for the upgrade, at the most I'll be getting the PS4 version of Miles Morales and using the free upgrade. I still have the dlc from the first game to play, if I do eventually get round to it I'll just use the boost functionality on PS5 and whatever enchantments that entails.

I loved zipping round the city in Spider-man though, traversing it was hella fun. Ghost of Tsushima i enjoyed exploring too, just because it was eye candy and found most of the side activities really charming.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, I do feel that the generational leap is less spectacular this time around; I mean, all the nerdy details (reflections, lighting, etc.) are very pretty when somebody draws a big red circle around them and you stop to look closely, but swinging around New York will remain a delight regardless of system. Hope you enjoy the DLC when you play it and yes, I'm really looking forward to settling down and getting totally lost in Ghost of Tsushima someday!

@Arugula Actually, I think you've summed it up perfectly there. I did write a full review (which, thanks to Ral's directory edit, would be easy for @Kidfried to track down if they're interested) but it basically draws the same conclusion... namely, play it and see how it makes you feel.

The ending I got was what I'd consider "the best one" but it was still really powerful. Made me cry.

@Kidfried Just to answer your point from the other topic, you're absolutely right, the chasms between each episode made it really difficult to care. I jumped on it as soon as it was finished and my experience was much more immersive (and therefore enjoyable) than that of a friend, who played each episode on release and therefore became really disconnected from its characters. They were all, "it isn't as good as the first season, don't expect to love it" and then got really confused when I ended up raving about it and concluded that I personally preferred it to what had come before.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Initially you might not see a great leap between generations, but i did notice the improvements in Spider-man pretty much straight away even on a small screen. I'm just personally not willing to pay for those improvements, seeing as I already own the game. Ratchet and Clank is a glimpse of what can de done in terms of gameplay with the new tech and Demon Souls shows off what can be done graphically. And were are only just beginning the next generation, so that will only improve.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, the instant loading of worlds was pretty impressive in the Ratchet video, but I still feel that the moment-to-moment gameplay won't change much (will still be slowly running and jumping around, shooting enemies and collecting bolts, on each of those worlds for most of the time). But I'm also fully aware that I'm just trying to convince myself that I was right not to pre-order the bloody thing, so you can look forward to the day I actually get my hands on a PS5 and come here to post about how the difference is "night and day" and "the future is now" and whatnot.

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger yeah I might take a year or two until we see anything truly revolutionary on the new consoles, but it is good we have seen potentially what we could be in for even at this early stage.

Cloud_strife56

I wanted to get persona 5 royal but when my mom saw the sexual references thing on the rating description on the box she made me put it back and I got crash 4 instead but she’s fine with me getting games like gta vice city even though It’s way more sexual so don’t ask me what she was thinking

it’s easy mkay

KirbyTheVampire

There's something I'm pretty confused about that I could use some help with. I got Bloodborne on PS+ a year or so ago, and I ended up deleting the game after a while, and after that, let my PS+ subscription expire for a while. After getting PS+ again, I expected Bloodborne to be in my library and available for reinstallation, but it's nowhere to be found. Can someone help me out? Everything I've read seems to indicate that it shouldn't have disappeared.

KirbyTheVampire

Thrillho

@KirbyTheVampire Have you tried finding it through the online store and seeing if you can download it there?

Thrillho

Th3solution

@KirbyTheVampire That’s strange. All your previous PS Plus games should return to your library when you resubscribe. Are all the other games there?
And be sure to not click on The Complete Edition. Also there are sometimes a couple different game links too, like one under the “Greatest Hits” collection and one without, so that could be the problem too. Otherwise it might be another glitch like earlier this week when someone fell asleep at the wheel and Bloodborne was available for free briefly again. So I’d try again in a day or two.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jaz007

@KirbyTheVampire Are all the other Plus games there? If so, I'd recommend two things. One, check your hidden titles. Maybe you put it to the side there and don't remember. If that doesn't work, I'd just call Sony about it.

Jaz007

KirbyTheVampire

@Th3solution @Jaz007 I checked everywhere, and there's nothing to be found, unfortunately. I'm planning on getting a PS5 anyway though, so I'll just download it there on the PS+ collection. I appreciate the help!

KirbyTheVampire

Layshpoljah

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I need help with my ps4 settings. I want it to turn on my tv when I turn it on. Which it does. The problem is when I turn on my tv it turns the ps4 on too. I just want the ps4 to control the tv, not the other way around. Help please!

Layshpoljah

BearsEatBeets

@Ryall I never played the original Factions mode, did it involve the story characters? You're probably right but it's fun to speculate.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

@Ryall @BearsEatBeets I’m gonna say multiplayer too. Uncharted had loads of characters return from previous games in the multiplayer even. That was pretty cool being able to play as Odo from Deep Space Nine/that old German dude in 2.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic