Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,795

nessisonett

@AdamNovice I can’t imagine having so little of a life that I would harass someone about Xbox through Playstation. It’s possibly the silliest thing I’ve heard all week. What next, harassing someone about their Android comments through iMessage?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

AdamNovice

@nessisonett Oh I don't know mate. He was going off about me having hatred for Xbox and being an embarrassment to the Playstation community. All I've said on here and Twitter was doubting how much of a market reach Xbox can realistically make.

Lol just got an alert from Playstation, they've warned him about his behaviour.

Hang on this is getting weird, @themcnoisy said he's been contacted by the same guy.
I'll let @get2sammyb and @ShogunRok know so they can keep an eye in case if someone starts something on here.

Edited on by AdamNovice

AdamNovice

Twitter:

nessisonett

@AdamNovice Well this is bizarre. Honestly, as somebody completely platform agnostic who just buys Playstation because Xbox have games on PC, any sort of behaviour like this just strikes me as silly and childish. At the end of the day, who really cares if you aren’t into Xbox? It’s not like it really affects this person in any way.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

@AdamNovice Not heard of that person, but have recieved a few random friend requests. Unless ther say where there are from i ignore them, if they are being abusive I report them and block them. But I have been trying to keep my head down recently and not venturing into the comments section too much.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Octane

I always get requests for sexy time. But when I accept their invitations, I never hear from them again... SMH

Octane

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I'm glad Ghost of Tsushima has gotten you exercising your Share button! I'm gonna have to pick the right moment to buy it, because I just know wandering about and spamming the Photo Mode is gonna absorb me for weeks on end, to the detriment of everything else. You're right, even if a side quest is kinda dull, it might take you past a great photo op, and it'd be a shame to miss it.

Yeah, I've been steering clear of the comment sections lately as well, particularly with the console wars ramping back up. I've never received an abusive friend request on PSN, but at least the reporting function hasn't been sacrificed during lockdown.

Wasn't there an account which repeatedly attacked the PushSquare PS4 Community a while back? We might all be walking around with bullseyes on our foreheads!

In all seriousness, I hope @AdamNovice and @themcnoisy are left alone now.

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Th3solution

@RogerRoger I’ve only recently experimented with the weather, wind, and particle effects of the photo mode. Given the time, effort, and patience a person could create quite a personalized photo by modification of some of the environment in the shot. It’s pretty neat for those with a creative eye. Easy to make the scene change from clear skies at night to a daytime thunderstorm with a high winds and a litany of bamboo leaves, or a flock of birds, or whatever. The only problem is that the beauty of the game is largely in the motion, in my opinion; the wind being the primary driver of that wonderful sense of movement in the world around you. I try to capture what I can with a still image, try to get Jins cape flapping in the breeze and the flower stems bending in submission, but it doesn’t quite do it justice as the dynamic image. I’m sure others with more talent than me can do better. If I get the time I’ll try to download some of my shots and post to the screenshot thread.
Not trying to tempt you into jumping in before you’re ready, by the way! 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Col_McCafferty

On fast travel it really depends on the game and how fun/tedious/easy I find travelling throughout the world.

With RDR2 on my first playthrough I never fast traveled once and so far on my second it's the same. I enjoy just exploring the world and see where my journey takes me plus it's easy to explore most of the map: just follow the train tracks!

With The Witcher 3, apart from Toussaint, I used fast travel all the time. It's a beautiful world but I didn't find it as fun/easy to get around as compared to RDR2.

Games like Skyrim, Dragon Age Inquisition, Horizon Zero Dawn I used it a lot. Maybe it's just fantasy games and environments I use it for.

🤔

Oh and Days Gone was another one where I only used fast travel once I had completed the main story. It just felt like cheating otherwise!

Edited on by Col_McCafferty

Col_McCafferty

Thrillho

For those with PSNow, this is a neat game that has it's flaws but a clever take on the sci-fi "horror" genre.

Thrillho

Kcadrenaline

@Tasuki dang you thought you went overboard i got 8 terabyte. Have 87 games on my ps4 and still have about 6 terabytes left.

Im not sure if this question is appropriate for this thread but am i gonna be able to use the same hdd with a ps5 and keep all those games on the new system

Kcadrenaline

andreoni79

@Kcadrenaline IIRC, yes but only as storage. If you wanna play one of those PS4 games installed in the external HDD, you have to move it to the SSD. And when you have finished a PS5 game, instead of deleting it you can move it to the external HDD.

Edited on by andreoni79

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

RogerRoger

@Th3solution Oh, don't worry, I've been tempted since launch!

I get your point about capturing motion, though. Whenever I've been spamming a Photo Mode, I tend to divide my time between landscapes I can grab whilst making actual progress (because they're easy to frame and quick to tweak) and then combat or action shots, which require me to play really badly and basically get my butt handed to me, because there's no way I'm gonna be able to complete a complex string of commands whilst also focusing on the right time to pause for a shot.

The weather effects in Ghost of Tsushima will be a new challenge, though. I don't think I've seen a Photo Mode with such control before; it's usually "change the time of day", if anything. Capturing the dynamism of the details you mention, like a cape flapping in the breeze, will be interesting!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger You can turn animations on or off and also control the direction and speed of the wind. Capturing something flapping in the wind is a breeze!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

RogerRoger

@JohnnyShoulder I see what you did there.

Untitled

Making It So Since 1987

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger Proper cringe, I know. But I could resist myself!

MightyDemon82

My plans for playing many different games went out the window, been spending time with Haruka in Yakuza Kiwami 2 and she loves her food, Kiryu should ground her for wanting AiAi specifically from the UFO catcher. Cost him a small fortune and about half an hour of my time 😂

Edited on by MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution. Started replaying the first few areas of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, as I remember from a previous attempt - first few areas were fine, it was just when the game opened up a bit and you had the option of going to other planets that it was a bit more difficult to discover what to do next.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Yeah, depending on if you just follow the main story prompts to the next planet or if you explore another planet instead your experience may differ. Some of the planets have enemies quite a bit more difficult, but there are potential early rewards to exploring them. Either way, the main story will eventually take you through each of the planets and often more than once, so don’t worry if you’re concerned about missing something. You’ll eventually have to go to them all. I hope that’s not spoiling anything for you.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic