Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,795

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I've just started Bogano, I think last time I got stuck on Zeffo where it is less obvious where you have to go. Are there any pinpoints on the map for you to head towards or do you have to feel your way around and discover the way yourself?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Its been a while since I played it so I’m just trying to remember, but I think it’s mostly just feeling your way around. I don’t recall if the map shows a marker to go to but I don’t think so. The map does mark routes are being closed off or opened up depending on what skills you’ve acquired, which is nice, so I think I pretty much just went through each map until all the open routes were explored, knowing you have to eventually come back for the red ones. It’s a lot of backtracking, and that is probably the biggest complaint against the game. It’s very 3D Metroidvania, and with the enemies being sometimes really tough you can lose progress pretty quickly. But the Meditation points are fairly generous usually.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

LieutenantFatman

@BearsEatBeets
I have this pre-ordered. Should be interesting. Not hugely into Star Wars these days but a bit of space shooty pew pew with friends should be a great laugh. I'll be interested to see how I get on with the VR too.

Also just purchased Spelunky 2, anyone a Spelunky fan?

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
Bloodborne for the fast paced combat and wonderfully mad trick weapons. And of course they bring with them a better variety of strategies in combat.

Dark Souls 1 probably has some of the most iconic bosses ever though and slightly more memorable characters. So they both have their strengths.

LieutenantFatman

LieutenantFatman

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
Yep, managed to get 100% of the trophies of Dark Souls 1 & 3, and also Bloodborne. Not sure if I'll manage it with Demon's Souls on PS5 but I expect I'll be tempted to try.

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@LieutenantFatman No mean feat my friend, statistically, hardly anyone who has played Bloodborne has even completed it. Have you played any Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order? I'm currently playing that, arguably a Souls-like, and I'm loving it. What are your thoughts on the game? If you've played it.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

LieutenantFatman

@Draco_V_Ecliptic
I've yet to have the pleasure, it does look pretty good, so I might borrow it at some point should it be offered. It seems a likely candidate for ps+ as well, so I'd probably give it a go then.

LieutenantFatman

Fight_Teza_Fight

Can’t believe it, but Disgaea 6 is a Switch exclusive in the west.
https://mobile.twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/13065968916...

I own a switch, but man this series is very near & dear to my heart & I have always associated it with PS. Sad to see one of my favourite franchises leave PS.

No idea how I’m going to grind 100x hours with the pro controller it’s going to feel so alien...

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight It’s to be expected with no Vita successor. It’s a shame though, they were perfect for PSP.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett It’s a Switch/PS4 release in Japan, just exclusive to Switch in the west.
I imagine a complete edition will release on both, but it still sucks.

NIS have supported PS like no other. Disgaea 5 was at the time a next-gen only (PS4) release & it bombed as a result.
Seems like they’re jumping ship to Switch.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight Oh right, I didn’t realise it was different in Japan. That’s really quite odd.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

@Fight_Teza_Fight
Hopefully a complete edition will release on PlayStation over here as you say, finger crossed.
I never got round to playing D5, is it a funny as D4 was? Loved the comedy in that. The power of sardines!

LieutenantFatman

Black_Swordsman

@JapaneseSonic Mostly RPGs or action games with RPG elements. A friend once said that most modern action games have RPG elements, so that covers a lot of stuff out there. But I like the Souls series, primarily. I am currently playing Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order which takes a lot of influence from the Souls games, arguably God Of War did the same thing, in fact the developers were open about the influence the games had on God Of War's combat. Did you like the Souls-like elements in that game? Have you played/Are you a fan of the Souls games?

Anti-Matter

LOL 😂
My Universe Pet Clinic Cats & Dogs by Microids has been announced.
Untitled
I'm glad casual games like Imagine / Petz series has returned on modern console by different developer and publisher.
This series is the next Imagine / Petz series by Ubisoft.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

JohnnyShoulder

@Arugula No it shouldn't be that bad. Is anyone else in your household downloading something? If not try restarting your router and your ps4. I couldn't connect to PSN the other day and that sorted it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kidfried

I just found out today that Life is Strange 2 Episode 1 was free. Just bought it. Might be the push I needed to finally start that game.

@get2sammyb I don't believe you reported on this? Maybe I missed it.

Kidfried

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic