Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,319

Th3solution

@nessisonett @Arugula Clearly I don’t understand people. 😂
I always knew I was strange and different, but I figured I was a decent judge of human behavior in others. It is readily apparent that I’m wrong about that. First, trying to understand why our elected officials are getting voted in, and now this — obviously I have no clue why people do what they do. 😜

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

————————

Forum Megapoll 2020 - Best Video Game Box Art: Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Special Edition

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I was wondering if you'd switch to a Death Stranding one or not; glad you found one that fits for now, but who knows? Maybe you'll snag a good shot of a boss before you're done!

You and I share wavelengths when it comes to simulator games. It's kinda the same reasoning I have as to why I don't play sports games; if I had enough interest in football to wanna play it, I'd join my local five-a-side. Some activities or jobs wouldn't translate well if done accurately, though. I haven't minded playing law enforcement in several games, because it always tends to lean a bit more Hollywood. If it were realistic, yeesh... the paperwork you'd have to complete after each level would be a nightmare!

But I think that's why soldiers can still like Call of Duty, as you say, because it's a fantastical interpretation of their day job, something they can laugh at. Either that, or it's wish-fulfilment because real life doesn't do respawns. You also get folks who'll love their job enough to wanna emulate it during their downtime, as subsequent replies have proven.

Humanity, eh? What a frustratingly complex bunch of people!

PSN ID: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Well, my experience of Farming Simulator was short lived. I opened it up, tried the first tutorial for about 3 minutes and thought "no thanks".

Now to find something else.

Thrillho

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@Thrillho Speaking of farming, I'm currently farming Blood Echoes in the Forbidden Woods in Bloodborne. Are you a fan of that game as well?

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Good tenuous link there!

I did enjoy the game and it’s probably my favourite From game. I haven’t played it in literally years though as I got it soon after launch. I haven’t tried any of the DLC either.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@Thrillho I am planning to do The Old Hunters asap, just need to level up somewhat. Blood Starved Beast and then the Chalice Dungeons anyone? Did you beat the base game? Favorite boss?

Edited on by Draco_V_Ecliptic

"Guinevere herself was unworthy of the love she inspired, but then a queen steps so lightly even when crushing a louse."

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Gehrman at the end is obviously great but Amygdala is the one that has always stuck with me. There’s always something great about a boss that is ridiculously big!

I think it was a fight I won where I was one hit away from death which always makes it more exciting/memorable.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Thrillho wrote:

Well, my experience of Farming Simulator was short lived. I opened it up, tried the first tutorial for about 3 minutes and thought "no thanks".

Now to find something else.

Eep. Bodes well, doesn't it?

Sorry it wasn't your thing; gameplay and genre objections, right? It at least ran well, didn't glitch out?

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Just a bit overwhelming to try and learn all the stuff you need to for a farming simulator. Map looks like it could end up being huge too so could easily get repetitive and tedious. Might try again at some point. Maybe.

Went back to try and finish off Tropico 6 instead.

Thrillho

Draco_V_Ecliptic

@Thrillho Yeah, did you ever play God Of War 2? The Kraken in that is pretty darn huge.

Edited on by Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I did but even longer ago than Bloodborne! The original trilogy did have some pretty epic boss fights.

Thrillho

Clytorial_Impact

Random question but has anyone gone through the process of changing their PSN ID? I recall reading an article when the ability was first announced that it could mess up with some games or something

Clytorial_Impact

RogerRoger

@Clytorial_Impact I haven't changed mine, but know somebody who has, and they've yet to encounter any issues (serious or otherwise). I think it was a cautionary statement on Sony's part in order to cover rare eventualities whereby older games would get confused; things like multiplayer servers tying your online progression to your I.D. and therefore not recognising your new name.

So it depends what kinds of games you play, how much of your achievements have been online, and how often you like going back to replay old games.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

I'm kinda surprised to see the reception TLOU Part 2 is getting. From the initial leaks, to the trailers, with many people stating that they won't buy the game for x reason. Has a game ever gotten a reaction like this before? I mean, this isn't some bug-riddled loot-box game we're talking about. It looks like a solid game, even if you're not into it. We've come a long way since the linear Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS3.

It feels like it's the complete opposite reaction to Days Gone; a game that the masses loved, but was met with a lukewarm response by the critics. I feel that this game will be the opposite in that regard. Anyway, it will still sell well regardless. But it's the initial response that has got me thinking. Maybe it's just the sheer popularity of it, and therefore it brings out anyone from the woodwork who feel the need to address all their personal issues with the game for the umpteenth time. Like I get it, you're not buying it, it's SJW propaganda. Can we move on please? lol

Octane

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I only saw the new state of play this morning before heading off to work.

... Looks like I'll finally be playing the first over the weekend even if I don't end up playing the second for a while.

I'm... Well I was gonna say keen to experience it but that doesn't sound right for what'll be an unsettling, uncomfortable and depressing time no doubt.

It'll certainly be an experience that's for sure... which is more then I can say over my own lukewarm view of Day's Gone 😅

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"Well that was fun. Horrible, but fun!" Fargus The Jester - Pandemonium (After a summoning a monster that destroyed his home town)

"Words don't make changes. Wounds do." Agent Black - Iconoclasts

Thrillho

@Octane It’s probably just a very vocal minority. I’ve avoided reading/watching anything to do with the game but I presume most complaints are almost nothing to do with the game itself.

Thrillho

KratosMD

@Octane Just like with any other popular PlayStation franchise, it's been overhyped to death by its fans. Looking at the gameplay footage from the State of Play stream, it's literally the same fundamental gameplay from the first game, just expanded in some areas. People have waited years for this game and this is the result? Very underwhelming.

Just like with Naughty Dog's games in general; they excel at storytelling, but they absolutely suck at having compelling gameplay. And seeing as how they've made the series more open world now, you'll be spending a lot more time with the gameplay side of things, which makes this even worse. Because the gameplay portion of the first The Last of Us wasn't compelling at all, and now they've reused the same template for the second game. That's a big oof in my book, really not a good move by them at all.

KratosMD

Octane

@KratosMD I don't think it's overhyped at all. All I'm seeing is negative response. Anyway, I thought the gameplay in TLOU was very good. I liked it a lot. It was engaging, thrilling, the lack of resources kept you on your toes at all times. Every resource you found was valuable; and exploration was encouraged as a result. So I don't mind seeing them expand upon it. I enjoy the Uncharted games, but I liked the gameplay loop in TLOU a lot more personally. And on top of it all, it was a very good looking game, the music is very good in my opinion, and I liked the story as well; still one of the best stories told in a video game IMO.

From what I've seen in the latest trailer, this is all taken to another level. With the new enemy types; and the dogs for example. I can imagine the tight situations you can get yourself in. Weapons and craft-able items are way more varied it seems; including stuff like grappling hooks. So that's all good if you ask me.

But what else did you expect it to be? What is it you don't like about it, and what should they have done in your opinion?

Octane

kyleforrester87

I have to say, the gameplay in Last of Us was pretty good IMO. I didn't love much else about it, and the Uncharted gameplay is pretty boring. But when everything comes together in TLOU it felt awesome.

At the end of the day I played it through twice which is rare for me!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic