Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,795

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Viscera Cleanup Detail’s hilarious, it’s as mundane as it gets. Although I play loads of Euro Truck Simulator 2 so maybe I just have a thing for extremely mundane games 😂😂

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Thanks — I realized I hadn’t switched avatars in a few months and although I still love the artistic costuming of The Mandalorian, I usually try to have the avatar be topical to what I’m really into at the time. I looked at several Death Stranding images and wallpapers and the game is so beautiful that it’s just hard to convey in a simple thumbnail shot. So I liked this stylistically simplistic rendition of the porter carrying his load.
Too bad I’m not as talented at the photo mode captures as some of you all are because I’d like to have found a nice shot of one of the enemy bosses, which are phenomenally designed. A very Bloodborne vibe to some of the character design.

On the subject of Simulation games though, I do think it’s likely that most people will play games that simulate or reproduce a job, task, career, or setting that they don’t do in their real world lives. I doubt city planners and civil engineers play Sim City for fun. I doubt farmers sit down at the end of the day after ploughing or harvesting fields and boot up Farming Simulator. In fact, I doubt those who work in law enforcement would want to play GTA or a detective would want to play LA Noire. Personally I want an escape from my real life when I play a game, but maybe I’m wrong. I know COD and FPS are popular with the military guys I’ve known.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

nessisonett

@Th3solution Actually my uncle is in city planning and is a huge fan of those sorts of games! He’s constantly playing Cities Skylines, Stellaris, Planet Coaster/Zoo and Rimworld. Apparently it’s a lot more fun without all the red tape!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@nessisonett @Arugula Clearly I don’t understand people. 😂
I always knew I was strange and different, but I figured I was a decent judge of human behavior in others. It is readily apparent that I’m wrong about that. First, trying to understand why our elected officials are getting voted in, and now this — obviously I have no clue why people do what they do. 😜

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

RogerRoger

@Th3solution I was wondering if you'd switch to a Death Stranding one or not; glad you found one that fits for now, but who knows? Maybe you'll snag a good shot of a boss before you're done!

You and I share wavelengths when it comes to simulator games. It's kinda the same reasoning I have as to why I don't play sports games; if I had enough interest in football to wanna play it, I'd join my local five-a-side. Some activities or jobs wouldn't translate well if done accurately, though. I haven't minded playing law enforcement in several games, because it always tends to lean a bit more Hollywood. If it were realistic, yeesh... the paperwork you'd have to complete after each level would be a nightmare!

But I think that's why soldiers can still like Call of Duty, as you say, because it's a fantastical interpretation of their day job, something they can laugh at. Either that, or it's wish-fulfilment because real life doesn't do respawns. You also get folks who'll love their job enough to wanna emulate it during their downtime, as subsequent replies have proven.

Humanity, eh? What a frustratingly complex bunch of people!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

Well, my experience of Farming Simulator was short lived. I opened it up, tried the first tutorial for about 3 minutes and thought "no thanks".

Now to find something else.

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho Speaking of farming, I'm currently farming Blood Echoes in the Forbidden Woods in Bloodborne. Are you a fan of that game as well?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Good tenuous link there!

I did enjoy the game and it’s probably my favourite From game. I haven’t played it in literally years though as I got it soon after launch. I haven’t tried any of the DLC either.

Edited on by Thrillho

Thrillho

Black_Swordsman

@Thrillho I am planning to do The Old Hunters asap, just need to level up somewhat. Blood Starved Beast and then the Chalice Dungeons anyone? Did you beat the base game? Favorite boss?

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic Gehrman at the end is obviously great but Amygdala is the one that has always stuck with me. There’s always something great about a boss that is ridiculously big!

I think it was a fight I won where I was one hit away from death which always makes it more exciting/memorable.

Thrillho

RogerRoger

Thrillho wrote:

Well, my experience of Farming Simulator was short lived. I opened it up, tried the first tutorial for about 3 minutes and thought "no thanks".

Now to find something else.

Eep. Bodes well, doesn't it?

Sorry it wasn't your thing; gameplay and genre objections, right? It at least ran well, didn't glitch out?

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Just a bit overwhelming to try and learn all the stuff you need to for a farming simulator. Map looks like it could end up being huge too so could easily get repetitive and tedious. Might try again at some point. Maybe.

Went back to try and finish off Tropico 6 instead.

Thrillho

Thrillho

@Draco_V_Ecliptic I did but even longer ago than Bloodborne! The original trilogy did have some pretty epic boss fights.

Thrillho

Clytorial_Impact

Random question but has anyone gone through the process of changing their PSN ID? I recall reading an article when the ability was first announced that it could mess up with some games or something

Clytorial_Impact

RogerRoger

@Clytorial_Impact I haven't changed mine, but know somebody who has, and they've yet to encounter any issues (serious or otherwise). I think it was a cautionary statement on Sony's part in order to cover rare eventualities whereby older games would get confused; things like multiplayer servers tying your online progression to your I.D. and therefore not recognising your new name.

So it depends what kinds of games you play, how much of your achievements have been online, and how often you like going back to replay old games.

Making It So Since 1987

Octane

I'm kinda surprised to see the reception TLOU Part 2 is getting. From the initial leaks, to the trailers, with many people stating that they won't buy the game for x reason. Has a game ever gotten a reaction like this before? I mean, this isn't some bug-riddled loot-box game we're talking about. It looks like a solid game, even if you're not into it. We've come a long way since the linear Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on PS3.

It feels like it's the complete opposite reaction to Days Gone; a game that the masses loved, but was met with a lukewarm response by the critics. I feel that this game will be the opposite in that regard. Anyway, it will still sell well regardless. But it's the initial response that has got me thinking. Maybe it's just the sheer popularity of it, and therefore it brings out anyone from the woodwork who feel the need to address all their personal issues with the game for the umpteenth time. Like I get it, you're not buying it, it's SJW propaganda. Can we move on please? lol

Octane

HallowMoonshadow

I only saw the new state of play this morning before heading off to work.

... Looks like I'll finally be playing the first over the weekend even if I don't end up playing the second for a while.

I'm... Well I was gonna say keen to experience it but that doesn't sound right for what'll be an unsettling, uncomfortable and depressing time no doubt.

It'll certainly be an experience that's for sure... which is more then I can say over my own lukewarm view of Day's Gone 😅

Edited on by HallowMoonshadow

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Thrillho

@Octane It’s probably just a very vocal minority. I’ve avoided reading/watching anything to do with the game but I presume most complaints are almost nothing to do with the game itself.

Thrillho

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic