Forums

Topic: General PlayStation 4 Thread

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 1,795

Octane

@KratosMD I don't think it's overhyped at all. All I'm seeing is negative response. Anyway, I thought the gameplay in TLOU was very good. I liked it a lot. It was engaging, thrilling, the lack of resources kept you on your toes at all times. Every resource you found was valuable; and exploration was encouraged as a result. So I don't mind seeing them expand upon it. I enjoy the Uncharted games, but I liked the gameplay loop in TLOU a lot more personally. And on top of it all, it was a very good looking game, the music is very good in my opinion, and I liked the story as well; still one of the best stories told in a video game IMO.

From what I've seen in the latest trailer, this is all taken to another level. With the new enemy types; and the dogs for example. I can imagine the tight situations you can get yourself in. Weapons and craft-able items are way more varied it seems; including stuff like grappling hooks. So that's all good if you ask me.

But what else did you expect it to be? What is it you don't like about it, and what should they have done in your opinion?

Octane

kyleforrester87

I have to say, the gameplay in Last of Us was pretty good IMO. I didn't love much else about it, and the Uncharted gameplay is pretty boring. But when everything comes together in TLOU it felt awesome.

At the end of the day I played it through twice which is rare for me!

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@Octane Yeah I don't understand the negativity towards it either. I think part of it is some have some have heard about the apparent crunch culture at the studio and used it as an excuse the bash the game and developers at every opportunity.

Octane wrote:

@KratosMD I don't think it's overhyped at all. All I'm seeing is negative response. Anyway, I thought the gameplay in TLOU was very good. I liked it a lot. It was engaging, thrilling, the lack of resources kept you on your toes at all times. Every resource you found was valuable; and exploration was encouraged as a result. So I don't mind seeing them expand upon it. I enjoy the Uncharted games, but I liked the gameplay loop in TLOU a lot more personally. And on top of it all, it was a very good looking game, the music is very good in my opinion, and I liked the story as well; still one of the best stories told in a video game IMO.

From what I've seen in the latest trailer, this is all taken to another level. With the new enemy types; and the dogs for example. I can imagine the tight situations you can get yourself in. Weapons and craft-able items are way more varied it seems; including stuff like grappling hooks. So that's all good if you ask me.

But what else did you expect it to be? What is it you don't like about it, and what should they have done in your opinion?

Yep you've have totally nailed it why it so many enjoyed it. It is one of the best selling Sony games and was really well recieved critically. ND are hardly going to completely change the game just to appease the vocal minority. I know let's turn into Knack 3.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

ApostateMage

It's going to be interesting to see the comments when Push Square give it a perfect 10 score.

ApostateMage

jdv95

well regardless the hate it will still sell like hotcakes. i mean it still is the best selling game on amazon in the US,UK,france,canada and brazil. so no concerns there.

it's just the typical "i won't buy it bla bla" speak while most of those people end up either pre ordering the game or getting it day 1. most youtubers just jump on that wagon for the views but secretly already have a pre order in. some of the people who already played the game with review codes are saying that the leaks are out of context and some are not even true. so yeah a typical case of the internet talking before thinking.

in regards of the hate being because of the crunch,i doubt it because most of the youtube hate is because of the "SJW" themes or whatever and even previous studios that where in the crunch crossfire in the media never got this level of hate over it (cough rockstar cough).

i think why this game is being targeted this much is partly because it's an exclusive and those will always get some extra flack by the non PS owners. sad but true.

anyway i hope the media gives it 9's and 10's across the board. and frankly from what i have seen it deserves that aswell. (don't @ me)

jdv95

kyleforrester87

@jdv95 it’s ok not to like something that’s popular though. You can go too far the other way and label any criticism “hate”.

kyleforrester87

jdv95

@kyleforrester87 while you have a point,you can't deny that lot's of this game's "critism" is just flatout hate though. i mean threats to neil,calling out for boycots just because it has some LGBT stuff,i call that hate.

sure the game has some negativity that i call just honest critism like a bit to violent (i don't have a problem with that personally) but that is the minority of the negativity. all the rest is actuall hate.

i know i can go too far the other way i admit and i have done so before. but not in this case,here i feel i'm right with my thoughts on the matter.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

kyleforrester87

@jdv95 I agree, much of it is without merit, but dismissing peoples valid negative opinions as flat out hate is equally frustrating in my opinion. I am not saying you do that, but generally.

My dislike for Assassins Creed upsets some people but I feel like it comes from a valid place and not just because I don't think you should be able to be a viking chick because I'm sexist, for example.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Th3solution

Yeah, interestingly Cyberpunk doesn’t seem to be getting as much hate despite it having very progressive social overtones. What’s good for the goose should be good for the gander.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I think the focus may well swing towards Cyberpunk once TLOU2 is out and the dust is settled. There has been hate towards that game too, but as it was delayed I think most of the stuff has been concentrated on naughty dog's game.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Black_Swordsman

I'm currently Blood Echo farming in Bloodborne, raising my BL until I feel confident enough to take on Ludwig the Accursed in The Old Hunters DLC. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what kind of stats I would need to be to succeed against that boss? (Vitality, Endurance, Strength and Skill are what I'll be focusing on)

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

themcnoisy

Call of Duty WW2 is surprisingly one of the best Cod campaigns I have played In a long time. Love the sniper areas, the authenticity of the areas and the character interactions.

To add on to all of the above comments, TLOU remastered was one of the pack in games I got with my PS4 (I think or maybe I bought it when I was waiting for delivery I can't remember.) Anyway I started Watchdogs which I enjoyed for a few hours and then put TLOU on just to see what the fuss was about and was completely blown away.

I didn't put the game down. Ran through it and was thoroughly impressed. 5 or 6 years is a long time since, so memories of its greatness have faded somewhat. The opening sequence is imo the best since FF7.

I have a feeling a lot of the negative chat about TLOU 2 is coming from xbox kids who have a platform to cause havoc. If it wasn't the LGBT community facing the brunt it would be whatever else could be targeted.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

JohnnyShoulder

@themcnoisy It was probably the one game I was gutted I couldn't play not having a ps3. Can remember seeing some of the coverage building upto its release and was well jel. Never to the extent that these trolls have resorted to.

themcnoisy

@JohnnyShoulder I had a few games I really wanted to check out.

Fortunately I had the chance to play MGS 4 and few other PS exclusives when on base, my group of mates had a few PS3s between them. I considered picking one up back on civvy Street but was far too busy with work so couldn't manage the x360 and PC games I owned. Playing more on PC before grabbing the PS4.

The games I really missed out on at the time;

TLOU
Heavy Rain (This was written about a lot way back when in games magazines).
Uncharted series
Super Stardust
Yakuza series
Gran Turismo 5 and 6

It's no surprise I have since played them all bar the GT games, of which I bought the slightly underwhelming from a campaign perspective GT Sport (which is still awesome in its own right)

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

hwjumeau

Hello

I am wandering if you could help me with something. I have a paid for copy of Monster Hunter world for ps4, it just recently finished downloading the 40GB update, I have an external that I copied the application to. My question is this, is the base game the only thing moved to the external or are all updates and downloads also included? So if I lose my data or buy a new ps4 I wont have to download the additional contents?

Thank you in advance.

hwjumeau

Black_Swordsman

I have a question for all the Good Hunters out there, how hard are Gehrman and the Moon Presence boss compared with Ludwig and the other bosses in the Old Hunters DLC? I am planning to complete TOH and then beat the game and get the alternative ending.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@hwjumeau I’ll take a stab at the question — I’m fairly certain the update files are at the same location as the main game. The game saves are all on the PS4’s main HDD though. So if you buy a new PS4 and plug in the external then you should have the game and all the downloaded updates and/or DLC, but you’ll lose your progress unless you’ve backed it up to the cloud or a USB.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

hwjumeau

@Th3solution thanks, I really did not want to download the updates and dlc's for my games again, I think I have close to 100GB worth of them.

hwjumeau

nessisonett

Ys: Memories of Celceta launches on PS4 tomorrow in NA. I played it on Vita and it’s a solid ARPG with that Falcom feel, if anyone’s interested. Not a masterpiece by any stretch but it’s pretty decent. Gameplay’s pretty identical to Tokyo Xanadu actually.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ristar24

Has anyone else found the new patch for SnowRunner has made the game appear to run at a very, very, low resolution on 'base' PS4? Im actually suprised how bad the game looks. I had to stop playing as along with a weird new lighting system I could hardly see the road from the trees. The game looked really good before the patch, but I have a digital copy so am stuck until (if) they fix it.

Edited on by Ristar24

Ristar24

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic