Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 OT

Posts 41 to 60 of 283

nessisonett

@crimsontadpoles Honestly, not from what I’ve seen going round the Internet. Buggy mess seems rather apt. The difference between this and something like Days Gone is that reviewers can tell that there’s probably a good game under there and so are scoring it based on what might have been, and what could be patched out.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Mega-Gazz

crimsontadpoles wrote:

@MPaulson Because it's a great game that's getting high reviews, generally around the 9 out of 10 area. Most places seem to be very happy with the game. Is "buggy mess" an exaggeration?

Buggy mess is exactly what every review is saying, and it is highly unusual that they are only allowed to use b-roll footage in their reviews (literally marketting bullshots) and not even allowed to try it on consoles. Presumably this is to avoid showing those bugs.

Hopefully the day-1 patch addresses most of them.

Mega-Gazz

nessisonett

My partner cancelled his pre-order today. Partly because the specs seem to be completely wrong and he’s not sure if it’ll even run on his PC. But also partly because the more comes out about the game, the less he wants to give CDPR his money. We’ll probably wait for the PS5 version to hit second-hand stores and play it together.

Octane

Yeah, I'll happily wait for the PS5 version at this point.

Octane

andreoni79

@nessisonett Sometimes I wonder if all this kind of mess about Day One may be related to a will of killing the retail market.
Think at AC Valhalla: the game was broken at release after years of development and magically, just one week later, it was perfect thanks to a patch.

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

nessisonett

@andreoni79 True, if they can dissuade people from buying discs at launch, they can funnel people into a digital storefront without sharing games, secondhand purchases and with controlled prices. It’s already happening with the Digital PS5 after all. Reminds me of this though!

Untitled

andreoni79

Unfortunately my English isn't good enough to understand your joke... 😭

batwing47

@nessisonett
I feel like people forget how big of a mess Witcher 3 was at launch. It was jank as heck at first, but CDPR kept patching it and now it is one of the best games of the last generation (IMO). On the other hand, Bend doesn't have the same pedigree. They put out a couple of vita games and haven't made a proper syphon filter in years. I also think that CDPR is being much more transparent than Sony was with Days Gone. We know that there are substantial fixes coming to Cyberpunk, news on Days Gone fixes was scarce at best near launch.

Eat the path.

PSN: batwing47

nessisonett

@andreoni79 Oh no, hopefully Spinal Tap has an Italian sub out there!

Octane

@batwing47 I dunno. Transparency is something CDPR seemingly has forgotten about. Pre-launch reviews are only of the PC version; no console reviews. Footage has to be their stock footage, reviewers can't post their own footage. No word on the base PS4 and Xbox One versions; even though that userbase is their biggest (console) userbase. No word on the potentially enormous day one patch. No word on the proper next gen version.

Octane

batwing47

@Octane
Fair point. Regardless, I definitely understand why some people will wait for the proper PS5 version. Personally, I bought Witcher 3 at launch and sold it shortly after (because I thought the bugs were a bit too annoying). I picked up the complete edition at a later point and loved it. Sometimes waiting is the way to go.

Eat the path.

PSN: batwing47

Thrillho

@batwing47 I’ll be waiting to get a PS5 and then an updated version of the game. It’s very rare I buy a game day one these days for similar reasons unless it relies heavily on an online component (but I don’t play much if any competitive online modes).

I completed TW3 without much problem but enemy scaling wasn’t bought in until after I’d completed the game.

Thrillho

Th3solution

@Thrillho Yeah, me too. I’m not even going to take a chance on playing the PS4 version (esp since I have a vanilla version). Unless by some chance the post-release reviews and user impressions tell a different story. I bet a lot of people will wait to play this on PS5/XSX. Which means the game’s sales will be hamstrung by a limited user base of the new consoles. ...Unless the scalpers who own 100 PS5 consoles are going to buy 100 copies of Cyberpunk too 🙄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

andreoni79

I don't know if the video comes from a pre-patch version of the game, but still it went gold in those conditions! Wow.

Ralizah

@jdv95

"Footage capped on mainly PS4 and some PS5"

I'm guessing it's unpatched footage, but still.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah Oh dear. Considering the mauling Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and Watch Dogs Legion got on this site, it will be beyond disingenuous if this isn’t addressed. How in the world could this have been given 10/10 ‘perfect’ scores? The animations are like a PS3 game and that’s glitches you don’t even get in Skyrim.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic