Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 OT

Posts 1 to 20 of 283

Black_Swordsman

Who's hyped for this game? What do you think about it? Can you wait until the 10th of December? How do you think it will compare to The Witcher 3? Apparently it draws a lot of influence from that game.

What are your thoughts on the game? Share below.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Mega-Gazz

I’m on the fence. I’m worried that like TW3 it’ll be light on action and heavy on talking. Also I’m definitely waiting for the ps5 version.

Mega-Gazz

ApostateMage

MEGA MEGA MEGA HYPED!!

Day one for my original PS4.

ApostateMage

Ralizah

Cautiously optimistic, but not hyped. I probably shouldn't have preordered, but it's available for a discount online, so I decided to take the plunge. My computer just barely clears the minimum recommended requirements, so I hope it runs smoothly enough on the "low" preset.

For reference, I liked TW3, but wasn't nearly as impressed with it as many people seemed to be. With that said, I found its world to be beautiful, loved the engaging quest writing, and spent 100+ on it between PC and Switch, so it's definitely something I enjoyed.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

Number09

When I see what CD Projekt the largest video game industry company in Europe did on the Nintendo Switch with the The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt I have faith that Playstation 4 owners have nothing to worry about running CyberPunk2077

Number09

nessisonett

Can’t be arsed with it anymore. The current gen port looks muddy enough that I’ll wait for PS5. It’s been so long since it was supposed to come out that I’ve just lost interest. I only really buy games in sales now so I can wait.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

The last time I played a AAA Western multiplat at launch was Fallout 4 in 2015. As a longstanding weeb, I touch those sorts of games very rarely. Hopefully Cyberpunk is less disappointing.

Edited on by Ralizah

jdv95

i'm hyped but very afraid of the base ps4 version.

from what i saw of the ps4 pro gameplay it did not look bad all,but that's a pro and not a base so yeah. not to mention what frames it will have.

also i know that the witcher 3 runs on a switch but that version is so compromised visually that even i notice it and it just does not look good.

Edited on by jdv95

jdv95

Ralizah

@jdv95 It's interesting. Certain aspects of TW3 on Switch look great (for the platform, anyway). And then you get to a snow-capped hill and the texture work looks like it was ripped from a PS1 game, lol.

Granted, that's post-patch, when the AA could be turned off. It was a blurry mess with the AA enabled.

Edited on by Ralizah

jdv95

@Ralizah how is the framerate on the switch?

jdv95

Ralizah

@jdv95 Mostly fine. It sputters a bit during some cutscenes, and it can get hairy during some hectic fights, although, more often than not, it's the resolution that suffers when a ton of effects are on-screen (I was starting to be reminded of undocked Xenoblade Chronicles 2 when it rained in Skellige, lol).

IN GENERAL, though, it looks and plays fine. Admittedly a bit jarring coming from 1080p60 at ultra settings on PC, but I adapted quickly when playing it.

Edited on by Ralizah

BearsEatBeets

Just had an email from Game saying they will be taking payment for my Collector's edition in the next few days. 2 weeks until we can hit Night City.
Untitled

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets I had a similar email from GAME regarding my PS5. Two weeks later, payment was taken from my bank account.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BearsEatBeets

@JohnnyShoulder I won't get worried if nothing comes out then. Just hope there are no delivery mishaps like they seemed to have with the PS5. I chose the DPD pre 12pm delivery so I'll be annoyed if it doesn't use this service. Still this should be a much simpler launch so it should easier for them.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Got my steelbook from Amazon. Hopefully it doesn't get swapped for a DVD.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

ApostateMage

I'm getting the digital version. I'm missing out on some goodies but to be able to pre-install it ready to play at midnight is just too tempting.

ApostateMage

JohnnyShoulder

@ApostateMage It's weird, it is such a good feeling playing a game you've been looking forward to bang on midnight. If I had ordered anywhere else apart from Amazon, I would be confident in getting up it a couple of days before.

BearsEatBeets

Game has emailed me they are packaging my Collector's Edition (and the money is now pending in my account). They have gone and swapped the delivery method I've paid for though. I selected and paid for pre 12pm DPD back when I ordered it and it's been swapped to Royal Mail 24 tracked. Not too fussed as I won't really be able to start it on launch day but think it's pretty poor to swap it and not even mention or explain it to me. It's a shame Game has a monopoly on Collector Editions in the UK.

BearsEatBeets

JohnnyShoulder

@BearsEatBeets Think they did the same with some of the PS5 orders. Agreed, it is bad form. I like how on my order for the console that it was 'Free Next Delivery' but was charged a tenner for it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic