Forums

Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 283

Thrillho

@Th3solution Yeah, it’s a problem with any big sci-fi or fantasy media when they try to create these completely alternative worlds and you need to sort of hit the ground running with what’s going on around you.

I’ve progressed a bit and mostly been doing side gigs but have completed the heist and played through Johnny’s part so the story is starting to come together a bit.

Combat is pretty good fun but the constant inventory management for guns is a chore. The side missions have been fine for the most part but haven’t had the unique feeling TW3 had for them.

And Night City is such an impressive place but it feels like the kind of map that I’ll never find familiar or know my way around that some of my favourite games manage to achieve.

Thrillho

KilloWertz

@Th3solution Nah, you're just crazy. So it @Thrillho...

Seriously though, even though I absolutely loved the game, I can understand the gun management and the map to an extent being an issue. Like some other open world games, there's too many weapons to sort through. I get the fact that you fight a lot of people, so obviously they are all going to have guns or swords, but you get a lot that are the same or at least similar, so most of them are just ones you'd get rid of. I actually stopped picking up a lot of the guns unless they were better than what I had. There were certain places on the map I had trouble finding for a decent portion of the game. It was still lightyears ahead of the awful map from The Witcher 2 (worst map I've ever had the displeasure of trying to use), but it could have been labeled better.

All in all, minor nitpicks for me as I still loved the game regardless. The gun management was extremely easy to overlook. The map not as much, but they still pointed you in the right direction at all times for missions, so it never became a problem for them at least. It was only when you had to go places on your own, but the internet helped. It will always be a shame it got released in such poor shape, as there is an actual really good game there now.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Thrillho

I’m still plugging away at this but have had lots of other stuff going on too.

I still haven’t really progressed the story at all as I just end up picking up whatever gig or side mission is nearest to me.

Luckily they’re pretty good fun for the most part, quite lengthy affairs, and frequently go off on quite a tangent (I’m particularly thinking of the one that starts out as a hit job and ends up with some born again religious prisoner!)

Still looks incredible though!

Thrillho

MaulTsir

I'm onto Act 3, I have all options open to me and I'm going to go through them all before moving on, I've really, like I mean really enjoyed this game, I'm a little shocked at how much, its been so fun, almost GTA style sometimes I've literally turned the game on and done nothing but mess around in the world.

The story is probably a 6 out of 10 for me, I love a good story game but this one is just average, the characters though is a different matter, they are what make the story and the side stories worth playing, some of the best characters for a long time. I like Keanu Reeves but I do wish they had some one else play Johnny Silverhand because everything he appears I just see and hear Keanu and I think Silverhand could of been a way cooler character if played by a "less recognisable" actor.

The graphics and NC it's self are really awesome, I've loved spending time on this game, so much so I haven't started GOWR yet because I knew if I did I probably wouldn't return. But I'm really glad I have stuck it out because the gameplay and the content on the game are amazing. I've seen alot of posts on here where people say gameplay is the most important, for me I like a good story or gameplay and if a game can do both then that's even better well gameplay is this game is just fun. Roaming around whether it's in a car, bike on foot, the different weapons, styles of combat just make for a all out good time.

I can see that some people didn't like the weapon management system and is very looter shooter style so any one with experience in them shouldn't have to much of a problem.

There's a few nick picks I have, the map is a bit crap, you get used to it but at first it's just a bit well crap. There's a few bugs but nothing game breaking, for the first 20 hours the only bug I had was in a cut scene some one was pouring a drink into a glass and the bottle and glass wernt there, just liquid sloshing about in invisible glass wear! There's been a few more since then like when I call my bike sometimes it flies right by me and goes another 50m down the road or one time it fell out from the sky. The most annoying bug is that during side missions when talking to characters some times you'll get a call from a maim character and it will answer by its self and they will literally talk over the other characters and I have no idea who V is replying to half the time. But like I say these bugs are very sporadic and have only happened a hand full of times, nothing game breaking.

Overall I'd recommend this game to most people, at the state its in now if it came out it would be lauded by people, it's a real shame that it came out when it did and how it did.

I'm looking forward to finishing the story but I will definitely be keeping the game installed on my ps to keep going back and get the Platinum or even sometimes to just mess about on it and I look forward to the DLC. Overall I'd give it a 8/10 I think it's weakest part is the story for me and it's not a bad story it's good just not on the level of other games.

MaulTsir

Thrillho

@MaulTsir Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed the game too!

I disagree with the story slightly though but I think it suffers from the same problem lots of games have now with the main story being diluted by the vast amount of side content so you forget some of the key beats.

When I played through a second time there were so many bits I didn’t pick up on or missed out on first time round that really bought it all together. But that said, you shouldn’t have to play it twice to get what’s going on.

Thrillho

MaulTsir

Oh I get what they are trying to do with the story and I also don't think it's a terrible story it's just in my opinion not a very strong story, the fact that some of the very important content is optional also could make people believe the story is even less refined than its meant to be.

My opinion is that the story isn't bad it's just not great like God of War, The Last of Us ect. But that's what great about gaming we all see things differently, I think the game is a very good top tier game, loved everything about it. I think the Edgerunners story was actually better than the games but again its just my opinion

MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Finished Cyberpunks story this weekend, went through all 4 endings! What a game, I have a few trophies to mop up to get the plat so I will be back for them after Ragnarok.

Excellent game and the potential to do so much with this universe. Looking forward to the DLC later this year. Would definitely recommend playing this game its tons of fun and the state its in now it is easily one of the best newer games out there at the minute.

MaulTsir

KilloWertz

@MaulTsir Congrats. While I only did one ending, I look forward to revisiting it at some point as Female V so I can see what the romance story is with Judy and other differences. If I end up picking the same ending, maybe then I'll keep reloading a save to experience the other endings.

Besides replaying it as Female V, I'm also looking forward to the DLC. Obviously you don't know a whole lot, but the trailer for it was intriguing. Granted everything that happened that led up to the current gen version's release naturally lowered expectations, in it's current state, it would have definitely lived up to my expectations if they were high like they should have been if things went normal and the only thing was waiting on the PS5 version.

Th3solution

@MaulTsir @KilloWertz Although I played the fixed and updated PS5 version, I wonder if I would have liked the game better if it hadn’t been messed up at release. Perhaps I went into it with the wrong attitude, prejudiced against it because of the launch debacle. I don’t know. The PS5 version ran perfectly fine, but I could not click with the characters, the story, or the gameplay. I wanted to like it, but I just didn’t. I can respect what they set out to accomplish, though. Maybe I’ll give it a spin again at some future day. Same for Witcher 3. I need to give it a second chance.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Or maybe you just didn't like the game. It happens. There have been plenty of video games, movies, TV shows etc that others have enjoyed but I didn't for whatever reasons. Sometimes it is ok to accept that and move on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder True. I have a feeling Cyberpunk will never click. Witcher 3 might though. It checks all the boxes for a game I should get along with.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Honestly I bought it while it was on sale a while ago but had no real intentions of jumping into at any point. The Netflix series Edgerunners was what got me to give it a try and I'm glad I did, the games just alot of fun to play, the story isn't the strongest in my opinion, its good but not the greatest. But it was the freedom of being able to go where you wanted and play all the different side quests and gigs and build you character how ever you wanted that really hooked me in.

I hope you have better look in terms of enjoyment with The Withcer 3 Sol.

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@MaulTsir Thanks, buddy. I’ve got the plenty of games to replace it with. And like you said, I quite liked the basic ideas on display of cybernetic upgrading and customization, open world exploration in a futuristic Sci-fi setting, and the overall polish on the game world. Some of the other narrative elements, like you say, were what made it hard to keep
committed to it. The first person POV was probably the kiss-of-death for me though. I can probably count on one hand the number of FPS style games that I really ended up enjoying. Let’s see… BioShock, Titanfall 2, Skyrim (not really a shooter though is it), DOOM, Borderlands 1/2… that’s about it, I think. I don’t mind the FP perspective for a walking sim type game that doesn’t have combat, so like What Remains if Edith Finch, Firewatch, or Dear Esther, etc. I think the FP viewpoint enhances the mystery of games like that. But my skills in combat with FP is just subpar. 😅 I don’t mind trying FPS games from time to time though. Occasionally I click with them. (Excited to try RE7&8 for example. And I’ve been curious to try Deathloop, although I didn’t like Dishonored either) Anyways, I’m rambling off topic now…
What do you have lined up next?

Edit: ooops… sorry, I see you answered that already. 😅. Knee deep in Ragnarok I see. Hopefully it lives up to expectations for you! I hope to get to it later this year

Edited on by Th3solution

MaulTsir

@Th3solution yeah the first person was actually one of the things that was a turn off for me innthe begging before the bad launch, I wasn't really one of the people desperate to play this game, like you apart from fps games Bioshock and Oblivion and Skyrim are really the only 1st person view games I can remember fully enjoying. I would say though that this game plays alot more like a fallout game, the combat really helps with getting used to the 1st person view and then after a good few hours I was acclimatised to it. I still think a 3rd person mode would be better in all honesty but that just personal preference I suppose.

Yep GOWR is what I'm on to now, I couldn't wait any longer and so far so good! I'll put my thoughts on the GOW topic as I play through and I try to be as spoiler free as possible.

How's your gaming escapades coming along lately?

Edited on by MaulTsir

MaulTsir

Jtheripper

Just got cyberpunk a couple weeks ago, played on my std ps4, i noticed no bugs, no pop-ups, npcs were ok, and looked great even.

But of course it ran slow in action parts in the more dense city sections.

Now i got a ps5, tried the ps5 version, it's buggy, npcs float around, game runs smoother but doesn't look better, in fact, npc faces look worse it seems in day outside.

Controls are wonky, ray tracing is unplayably slow.

I dont know, disappointed,,ill go back to try the ps4 version in backward compatibility on the ps5.
Also even in performance mode, which says 60fps, there's like a frame pacing issue, when you rotate outside in dense city centre, like micro stutter, affects the feel and control.

Also textures are still blurry in the ps5 game on posters, ads etc.
Many ps4 games have sharper textures for that in city areas it seems.

Im downloading the ps4 version on ssd, we'll see.
I tried one of my ps4 games from the hdd, and it's so smoother,cleaner, looks much nicer even, and loads much faster even from the same hdd.

For now, ps5 will be more to run better all my ps4 games.
If i had got a ps4 pro back then, i wouldn't be in a hurry for a ps5.

Edited on by Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Ravix

Well, I finally rebought Cyberpunk 2077, a game I was once loving, in spite of it being a complete s*** show, but that eventually annoyed me so much with constant crashing that I just gave up, leaving a sour taste in my mouth.

Because I was really into my character development, I've not really forgotten the RP aspect of my Nomad V, so from that perspective it seems easy enough to pick it up again, and just act like there was a long wait between 'season 1' and 'season 2' and I can just carry on with the save.

My only problem looking at it initially, after reassigning some points and skills it seems like they completely ditched Armour mods from clothes, and instead you need Armour mods under your skin... Fine for a lot of cyberware runs, but for a more low tech RP, it kind of feels a bit sucky. A nomad would more likely put plate armour in their leathers than get metal bones or whatever lol

So apart from RP wise it being a bit crap for Nomads. I also don't know how I'm going to go about getting a good Armour rating ad its completely different now and all of my armour I'd put in my grimey leathers have gone.

Anyone got any advice on how building a character that won't just die instantly works in 2.1, or any other general build advice for a less cybernetically reliant run. And maybe some tips or refreshers on cyber capacity and suchlike 😁

Edited on by Ravix

'Tis a ladder

Ravix

@evildave333 cheers. I think I got the hang of it after a quick look and just doing a couple of small side gigs to get the feel back. As it is an old save it basically reset everything and deleted all the Armour, so when I was randomly attacked by a gang (that never used to happen either) I was just like... what? Oh, okay I'm dead.

I may have accidentally put too many points into cool too soon too, as I did a quick respec before getting used to what I wanted. But it's turned out okay. I'm happy with 15 cool, as my V gives zero f***s about anything.

It's actually looking like I can build some kind of stamina monster, extreme crit/headshot build, leaving intelligence at 4, and going for reflexes and tech for Assault weapons and Explosives, rather than tech weapons or upgrades themselves, combined with cool for Pistols, revolvers and Rifles, which I was already favouring when I started.

I think maxing out Focus, DeadEye and Dash skills basically means shooting and dodging don't use much stamina, and when at 85% stamina time slows, when you dodge or slide and aim, time slows, and basically everything is a critical hit, it seems 😅

I'd prefer if I could bolster my Armour with plating via clothes, mainly for RP reasons, but I've bitten the bullet and now have titanium bones and bionic joints or whatever, and a bunch of cool attuned tech to boost headshot damage and critical hits.

109 seems to be my cyberware capacity, and Armour is only at 275, which looks low, but if enemies are dead before they can hit me, it won't matter, I suppose 😅

'Tis a ladder

KilloWertz

@Ravix I'm glad you were able to start loving the game again after getting used to the changes and the advice given by somebody else. I started a second playthrough a month or so ago (Female Streetkid), and after a bit of getting used to the changes, I'm loving it all over again as well. I know it was an absolute debacle of a release, but even just ever since the PS5 version was released last year, it's been great. Obviously the 2.0 update made it even better, but the PS5 version was basically the real launch of the game.

Being randomly attacked by gangs has been one of the few times I've died repeatedly. Obviously things happen and you die once here and there, but probably the only other time was fighting Sasquatch. I either was more prepared the first time or I managed to sneak past her. I don't remember. The gangs aren't that hard now though once I adjusted what I was trying to do.

While I plan on doing everything the game has to offer this time, something I purposely didn't quite do the first time to give me some different things to do in a second playthrough, I'm looking forward to diving into Phantom Liberty someday as well. It should be a blast.

Ravix

@KilloWertz cheers 😁 yeah, it's pretty good, ain't it? And I can't wait to do a full new playthrough and focus on a corpo intelligent assassin run to see how doing a load of hacks and sneaky stuff plays out. I did dabble in some stealth with this initial run, but now I'm back at it, I just want to get into the action most of the time, and run/slide/revolver, dodge/revolver is basically like playing Max Payne with all tbe bullet time I get, and as you now heal passively you can heal more with run and gun tactics with a perk, so that seems the way to go for my Nomad now. Starting to add more demolitions skills for when a revolver isn't strong enough too 💥💥💥

The main thing I've noticed just doing gigs and exploring areas and rediscovering things, is the city is far more like a city now, it is dense and populated, everything seems to have more mass than it did and not just float around. And it just looks even better than it did because of it.

You can ride on the metro now, which is a cool way to see everything, but my favorite tour of the city was via River Ward's car. It was lashing down with rain, and I was just looking out the window and taking it all in. They really nailed the aesthetic, and now everything loads in, you can actually appreciate it 😅

Edited on by Ravix

'Tis a ladder

KilloWertz

@Ravix Well, duh.

I'm still getting used to dealing with the tech all over again even though I'm 35-40 hours into my new playthrough. I bought body tech that eliminated my ability to hack, and I didn't realize it until I got into combat for the first time afterwards and couldn't hack anything. A shame since it was really good otherwise (and obviously a waste of a lot of money), but oh well. Maybe it'll have a use for something eventually.

You are right. I was already impressed with Night City when I played the PS5 version initially, but rarely does it feel empty in places at all anymore. Any areas that are make sense. It is a shame that it was such a mess at launch as it deserves to be considered one of the best games of the console generation at this point.

I've yet to use the metro actually. I was so used to fast traveling and using my motorcycles that I have yet to really even think about the metro. If I ever remember, I'll use it once just to see what it's like. It really is a great world that they created, and obviously some fantastic characters.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic