Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 541 to 560 of 634

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Did he? šŸ¤” I don't think anything he said about that was anything to get excited about tbh. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I don't think it was that either, but nothing he said I would take that anything is happening. Just like anyone who has this kind of info it could just as well be proven incorrect.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder I thought that these: šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™šŸ™ were pretty implicit that I didnā€™t take it as a given šŸ˜‰

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Not sure how anyone could take anything you say seriously with that current profile picture.

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore The whole gothic horror slowly morphing into an eldritch nightmare has been done, beautifully I should add. As incredibly solid as itā€™s combat system is, itā€™s not wholly what elevated the experience of Bloodborne to timeless masterpiece, at least for me. The game really is the sum of all of its intricate moving parts. I canā€™t help wondering, where would you take a Bloodborne 2?

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I do get youā€¦ but personally speaking, I just want more side-steppinā€™, rally-system souls-combat. The rest is just trimmings for me (frikkinā€™ glorious trimmings though they be).

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore haha fair enough! I could go for some of that too.

ā€œReason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.ā€ C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore That trailer actually looks pretty awesome. But itā€™s concerning that this is the first Iā€™ve heard of the game.

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Shinnok789

Thymesia has some looks but none of the quality that From's games have.
They nailed the "tough" combat "but" they forgot the "fair" part Soulsborne games always implement.
There is no quick recovery when dodging (recover from a hit faster by dodging away).
There is no health rally so any association with Bloodborne stops right here.
Parrying has to be so exact that you need to extremely precisely hit the enemy's weapon right at the millisecond it must be parried to actually work... needless to say parrying a hit that comes to you in a horizontal arc is almost impossible.
Bloodborne has the absolute best parry mechanic in the genre, too bad no one recognizes and uses that in other Souls-like games.
Dodge is sluggish. Coming from Bloodborne to which Thymesia is often compared, it feels useless.
The distance is short, too short.
And there are many times when you know you could dodge an attack (after finishing all of From Software's games, you develop a 6'th sense for it). But here you hit the button at just the right time but the character fails to dodge properly, and many times to even move (after finishing a combo there is around 1 second of recovery time, like a cooldown during which you can't execute another move... there is no such thing in From's SoulsBourne games).
And the worst of it all: there are almost no invincibility frames.
In any SoulsBorne games you could dodge through attacks if you timed it correctly. Here that's very hard to do, you can manage it about 5-10% of the times, and only if you're lucky.
So yeah... any comparison between Thymesia and Bloodborne is purely environmental and nothing else.
If anyone wants to give it a try, the Demo is still available on Steam for a limited time.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

JohnnyShoulder

In the latest Sacred Symbols Colin Moriaty admits he may have been wrong about a Bloodborne remake/sequel as he has heard conflicting things from a new source, which contradicts what he heard before.

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere awesome news mate! So the best advice I could give you at this stage is to basically just aim to complete your corpse-run each time you respawn. Youā€™ll surprise yourself at how easily the initial encounters will seem as you skill improves.

Also, making it to the first boss is big, after reaching it you will then be able to start levelling upā€¦ that or if you stumble upon a madmanā€™s knowledge. That item would also enable the start of your levelling.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@ThereThere yes sorry mate I probably shouldā€™ve elaboratedā€¦ but you got it.

Madmanā€™s knowledge gives you a point of insight if I remember correctlyā€¦ and you need at least 1 point of insight to begin levelling up šŸ‘

**** DLC!

kyleforrester87

@ThereThere you might surprise yourself how far you get just sprinting past everything in these games versus trying to take them down methodically šŸ˜‚ itā€™s not always a viable tactic but it does work.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Mega-Gazz

There is that gif from walking dead where dude was casually walking past the zombiesā€¦ thing he was the governor or something been a while. Anyhow that gif precisely is like all FromSoft levels.

Mega-Gazz

JohnnyShoulder

@ThereThere Pebbles can be thrown at an enemy, in order to pull them away from a group of mobs, without grabbing the attention of others.

kyleforrester87

@ThereThere Well done!

Personally, I grind a lot in these games. I find it therapeutic and I like to have a slightly OP character, where as playing the same boss over and over too many times can be a bit frustrating to me. But, other people enjoy the challenge of being at the right level and I get that. You'll have better memories of the game getting by the skin of your teeth. Even so, having a strong character will only get you so far.

The second boss will probably be a big challenge for you, and it might force you to level up if you can't do it. Once you're over that wall, you'll have the flow you need for the rest of the game for sure.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic