Forums

Topic: Bloodborne Tavern: Impressions, Help, Discussion Board

Posts 521 to 540 of 634

Shinnok789

@ArmyStrong42A Can't help you directly, but if you spoke to Alfred near the entrance to Old Yharnam in Cathedral Wards, his summon sign will be right next to the bottom of the stairs you descend before entering the church to confront BSB. Summon him as he can help a TON with this fight.
And right before the encounter : take a Beastblood pellet, rub a Fire paper on your weapon, equip Pungent Blood Cocktail (pungy for short) and Antidotes.
When the fighting starts and the BSB comes a little closer to you, throw a Pungy in a corner, it'll be attracted to it. While it's distracted, kick its arse. Take a chunk of it's life until it jumps away, then throw another pungy in a corner, it'll distract it again. Keep doing this until it's dead.
If you get poisoned, especially near the end of the fight, quickly get an antidote.
I died at least 3-4 times right after BSB because he managed to poison me near the end, and i was so absorbed by the fight that I didn't see it in time
Good thing that once it's dead, you won't have to fight it again, even if you died 2 seconds after it did.

Shinnok789

Th3solution

@ArmyStrong42A Bloodstarved beast is really susceptible to being stunned by your firearm. So long as you get the timing right, you can use that for another tactic to get an easy (well, at least ‘less difficult’) victory. I beat it with purely using my bloodtinge / shotgun weapon followed by a series of melee hits, rinse and repeat; and didn’t even have to use the whole pungy lure tactic, nor even have to summon help. (And I’m not even very good at these games, mind you). Also I seem to recall a serrated weapon gives added damage so thankfully my main weapon at the time was the sawblade. I don’t think it’s essential but if you have that option then try it for added damage.

There was a YouTube video that helped me get the timing down on when to trigger the gun, but I can’t seem to find it now. But it’s out there.

Edited on by Th3solution

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Shinnok789

@Th3solution Frankly, since it was so easy to use Alfred as an ally, I didn't even search for another way to beat BSB.
A video showing this method is here:

I'll certainly try it too next time the "urge" to make another BB playthrough gets to me, I'm curious to see how it goes. Thanks for the idea!

About the serrated weapons: yes, every "beast" type enemy in Bloodborne takes increased damage from serrated weapons (there are 6 in the game: Saw Cleaver, Saw Spear, Whriligig Saw, Church pick, Beast Cutter and Threaded Cane in transformed mode).
Just like every Kin type of enemy takes increased damage from Thrust weapons (Kin enemies: Celestial child (the Blue alien looking dudes), Brainsuckers, Garden of Eyes, Winter Lanterns, etc) // Thrust Weapons: Church Pick, Threaded Cane etc)
And like every Unholy type of enemy takes increased damage from Righteous weapons (Unholy enemies: Bloodlickers, Bound Widow, the gargoyls in Cairnhurst Castle, the ghost in the Dungeons // Righteous weapons: Church Pick again (yeah, it has 3 in 1 damage types) Holy Moonlight Sword, Ludwig's Holy Blade, Kirkhammer etc)
Don't think that the increase in damage is high, not by a long shot, but every small bit helps to stay alive a little longer and finish the fight a little faster.

Shinnok789

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 Congrats dude, glad I didn't put you off going for it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Shinnok789

@velio84 Congrats on the platinum and cool way to get it and finish this awesome game!

In the BS boss fight category you can certainly add the Witches too.

Elden Ring is a different story, it follows the Demon's/Dark Souls style very closely, unfortunately. Which means sitting behind the 100% Physical protection shield and calculating your moves. No more fast fights, sidestepping around, easy parry with the gun from a fair distance away, striking back fast to regain health, 20+ blood vials in your inventory etc.
I already preordered it, but, given my previous experience and the impression i was left with after finishing Demon's Souls Remake, Dark Souls 2 and 3, i don't expect to like it quite as much as Bloodborne.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

Th3solution

@Shinnok789 Yeah, I don’t think that was the exact video I’d seen but that shows it nicely.

For some reason, I never summoned help during my BB playthrough, either from an NPC nor from an online player. I just was too stubborn I guess. 😅
BSB wasn’t bad at all, but there were plenty of other bosses that I had to try multiple times by myself, and I probably should have just summoned help to keep my own sanity.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@velio84 You can now class yourself a right proper hoonter.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

JohnnyShoulder

Not seen this yet, but sounds kinda cool.

johncalmc

@Th3solution Bloodborne was the first Soulsy games I played and I beat Bloodborne not knowing you could summon help. I don't know how. I don't read reviews really (despite writing them :')) and I don't watch games coverage much or watch previews or anything. And the game doesn't do a tremendous job of explaining it. Or maybe I wasn't paying attention. So I had no idea. I just did it all solo and then only found out you could get help once it was done.

johncalmc

Twitter:

Th3solution

@johncalmc I’m playing Demon’s Souls right now and honestly, I know I can summon help, but I don’t have a clue how to do it. Thankfully I haven’t needed it really yet, but I’ve died to Flamelurker a couple times and maybe now the time to try

johncalmc

@Th3solution I didn't summon anyone in that either because to do it you need your humanity back but if you die when a human you lose tendency and I was going for the platinum. But then I got bored of the platinum towards the end. So I could have just done it and saved myself a hassle.

johncalmc

Twitter:

willi3su

@Th3solution Use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which will restore your humanity. Then look for summon signs on the ground. Usually blue if I recall. Just beware dying while in Human form. If you successfully beat the next boss and fear dying in the next area, go ahead and kill yourself in the Nexus by jumping off the stairs to reset back to Soul form. Dying the Nexus doesn't alter tendency.

Edited on by antdickens

willi3su

Th3solution

@willi3su Ah, thanks for the info. Yeah, I’ve been doing the Nexus jump thing so as to be in Soul form nearly all the time. So I guess that’s why I’ve never seen the blue summon signs on the ground.

willi3su

@Th3solution Correct. It is the safest way to maintain high tendency but you can't summon using that method. I would typically recommend that you only use a stone of ephemeral eyes if you know you're in a high summon sign traffic area (usually right before a boss or at the start of a new area) and/or if you are very comfortable in the current area so its unlikely that you'll die before the boss.

willi3su

Mega-Gazz

Bloodborne is trending on twitter here for no apparent reason and it got my hopes up.

Mega-Gazz

Mega-Gazz

velio84 wrote:

@Mega-Gazz
Even though I’m fresh off the game, if a remake/remaster is off tomorrow, I’ll start a new game without a second thought 🙂

Come to think of it, this might be my favourite game ever so far.

Absolutely - I’ve 100% completed it and the DLC/dungeons 3 times over and would do so again in a heartbeat if I got 60fps

Mega-Gazz

Shinnok789

I'll leave the following info here in case anyone stumbles on the issue.
If you're trying to search for a specific dungeon glyph, and you receive a message saying "you don't meet the requirements" (smth along this line) then remember that there are 2 conditions that have to be met simultaneously in order for it to work.
1. Have in your possession the Root chalice of the type you're trying to join (if you're searching for a Lower Ailing Loran dungeon, first you must acquire the Lower Ailing Loran Root Chalice before you can join it).
2. If the dungeon you're searching for contains offerings, to the above condition one more is added.
Before you can join it you have to make yourself a dungeon containing the respective offerings. Any chalice, it doesn't matter the type. There are 4 offerings in total : Fetid Rotted Cursed and Sinister. You can add them all together in one ritual if the chalice permits, or only some in one ritual and some in another... it doesn't matter. You have to buy the necessary offerings at least once (spend your own materials) before you can join a dungeon that contains them.

Edited on by Shinnok789

Shinnok789

colonelkilgore

Colin Moriarty has dropped a Bloodborne Remaster &/or sequel nugget on his latest Sacred Symbols… 🙏🙏🙏🙏

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore I still wonder if this is a project kicking around over at Bluepoint. Sequel or remaster.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic