Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 1,695

edwinjoe450

@Bentleyma that is crazy cheap, the platinum is somewhat easy too, if you're into trophy hunting.

edwinjoe450

trev666

@edwinjoe450 Deus ex human revolution directors cut is on ps3 ( i own it) it comes with the dlc and new game+ where as the original version doesnt

Edited on by trev666

trev666

Bentleyma

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution earlier this evening and am now playing through Far Cry 4. It’s weird, one of the main issues I had with Deus Ex were the controls being different than most modern day FPS’ and now I’m playing Far Cry 4 I keep pressing the wrong buttons!

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma Maybe you should have played something else in between the two then.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Bentleyma

@KilloWertz Yeah, I was gonna go with Persona 5, but I’ve started Far Cry 4, so I’m sticking with it now! I’m surprised how well the PS3 version plays.

Bentleyma

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma You've single-handedly resurrected the PS3 thread here, so I guess you can do whatever you want.

I found my old PS3 several months back and have it hooked up again, but it's not easy to make time for it given how much I have to play on the PS5 (PS5 games and PS4 backlog). I'm still glad to have it though.

Bentleyma

@KilloWertz I’ve mostly gone back to using my PS3 as my main console because of how cheap the games are. A lot of games hold up surprisingly well, even compared to their PS4 versions.

Bentleyma

Anti-Matter

@Bentleyma
Also, the installation of PS3 games on HDD are way smaller than PS4 so you can save a lot of GB by playing PS3 games in physical.

Anti-Matter

trev666

I love my ps3 easily my favourite console

trev666

XandertheWise

This summer I am going to get back into the tail end of Assassins Creed Brotherhood and try to finish it off. last year i saved at the part where you have to run from a gazillion guard soldiers and try to get them off your tail by using smoke bombs. That part was crazy when i was trying to do it.

that and sort of get back into regular Persona 4 or get back into playing the beginning of Tales of Symphonia 1 of the Chronicles collection that i bought digitally a couple of years ago

XandertheWise

Bentleyma

@Anti-Matter Yeah it’s nice that I don’t have to install a game that I’ve bought on disk. The internet speed on my PS3 isn’t great though, so even installing updates can be annoying. Most games aren’t so bad, but games like Grand Theft Auto V and Destiny took a while to update.

@XandertheWise I also need to get started with the Symphonia games! I’ve owned them for years and never got around to playing them. I also have Graces F, Xillia and Xillia 2 that I want to play through.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

trev666

im pretty sure they have limited the top speed of ps3 network because it usually maxes out at 30 download and 7 upload

trev666

XandertheWise

@Bentleyma i played and beat Tales of XIllia 1 a few years ago and i liked it. I wouldnt mind replaying it as the main boy character to see what his story path is like.

XIllia 2 was fun but then i got burned out at the very end.

Tales of Graces F i kind of liked but didnt really enjoy the story that much and the extra costumes i didfnt like since it was all about the stupid swim suit wear

Tales of Symphonia Chronicles i like since it has Symphonia 1 and 2. I beat Tales of Symphnia at least one or twice when I used to have it for my Gamecube one time. Symphonia 2 i played a little bit in the beginning and i like it. just need to restart and replaty it to refresh my memory of the game's story etc

XandertheWise

Bentleyma

@trev666 I can’t even see my internet speed when I do a test. For some reason the test completes and there’s just an “ - “ next to the upload and download speeds.

@XandertheWise I’ve finished Xillia and Graces F before, but just feel like replaying them. I did start Xillia 2, but I got burnt out quite near the beginning because I played it so soon after I finished the original game. Hopefully I’ll enjoy it if I give it another try.

If you want a game that’s similar to the Tales games, then I recommend Eternal Sonata.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

KilloWertz

@Bentleyma Nothing wrong with that. If it's not my favorite console of all time, it's definitely up there as it ended up changing gaming for me forever once I got it. I was primarily an online gamer on the Xbox 360, but now I just play single player games thanks to the greatness of that library.

You are also definitely right about the price of games. The only issue is with some that ended up going out of print and such like Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions. I was stupid and sold it back in the day, so it cost me around $60 to get it back this year. I'm sure DLC for some games might be tricky now too, but like I said earlier, I'm really glad to have found my PS3.

LtSarge

@Bentleyma I haven't thought about it but it would be interesting to see which cross-gen titles that came out on PS3/PS4 hold up on PS3. It would be cool if you ever decided to play something like say Metal Gear Solid V on PS3.

I still have a fair amount of games in my PS3 backlog to play through. The biggest challenge for me though are the PS Move games. Some I really want to play, like Sorcery and Medieval Moves, as they look quite fun. But others I'm not as inclined. One example is the Wonderbook titles. Don't know if anyone remembers them, but they basically utilised the PS Eye camera, PS Move controller and AR technology on a book so that you could see yourself on the TV screen while doing stuff on the book in real life. It sounds like a cool idea, but I feel absolutely embarrassed playing something like it lol. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually get around to these games!

I do look forward to playing other PS3 titles like Puppeteer, Starhawk, Sly Cooper 3 and 4, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Ni no Kuni and so on. It's quite easy to forget just how many exclusives the PS3 had compared to the PS4.

LtSarge

Bentleyma

@LtSarge I will be picking up Metal Gear Solid V at some point, so I shall let you know how it is once I do. I don’t own a PlayStation Move, but there’s one game that makes me want one and that’s Kung Fu Rider. I started to download the demo and was disappointed to find that it was Move only.

Bentleyma

trev666

ps3 games i would recommend playing

resistance
Resistance 2
Resistance 3
Killzone 2
Killzone 3
infamous
Infamous 2
metal gear solid 4
singularity
chronicles of riddick
remember me
last of us
heavy rain
beyond two souls
batman arkham asylum
enslaved
south park stick of truth
dead space
dead space 2
dead space 3
deus ex human revolution
Fallout 3
fallout new vegas
mass effect
mass effect 2
mass effect 3
Darkness 2
Darkness
spec ops the line
max payne 3
bioshock
Bioshock 2
bioshock infinite

trev666

XandertheWise

This summer starting sometime this month in June im playing these for my Playstation 3

Final Fantasy XIII
Persona 4 or Tales of Symphonia 1 from Syymphonia Chronicles
then restart replaying Dead Space 1. pretty much forgot where i was at in the beginning of the game since a couple of years ago before stupid Covid came around the U.S>

XandertheWise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic