Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,674

colonelkilgore

So my MGS highlight today: “... several pounds of MUF are reported every year”! 🤣

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

I saw your confirmation of it in the trophy topic so congrats on getting MGS 3's platinum @colonelkilgore!

And by the post above I... uhh... see... you're having a grand time with Metal Gear Solid 😅

I've never played either enhance re-release of MGS 2 or 3 unfortunately but I've heard about the skateboard minigame @nessisonett ... Sounds wonderfully bonkers skating around Big Shell!

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

colonelkilgore

So didn’t get as many hours in on Metal Gear Solid as I’d planned today but I’d imagine I must be well past the halfway point of the game. All things considered, it’s fantastic... Kojima really did ‘change the game’ with this one. The adult and political themes, the fourth-wall breaks, the ingenuity used to complete complex tasks using a controller... MGS & Kojima really was at the sharp end releasing this way back when.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore My guy! I'm super late to the convo but I see you beat Snake Eater, man what a game. Such an insane origin story for Big Boss, I can't believe a PS2 game can be so immersive in 2021. It really is a nice experience being a new comer and not having to wait years to play the sequential games. When you end 3 then boot up 4 you're immediately hit with the feels just from the loading screen. Also it was really cool coming from MGS2 seeing older Ocelot then seeing the young him in MGS3. I know I've come to it late but the more I ponder on the layers of story the more its becoming a favorite of all time. Still chugging thru MGS4.

Currently Playing:

Rainbow 6: Siege, Kingdom Hearts 2 (1st time), Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

PSN: TraCuz-

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- Yes Tra! Pretty much agree on all fronts... though you’re a bit further into the series than me atm. 3 really did blow my doors off... and 1 (considering it’s a PS1 game) STILL holds up! I played 5 at the end of last year and Peace Walker at the start of this... 8’m actually considering buying V again on PS3 just so I can plat it again, it was phenomenal. Really looking forward to 2, 4 & Rising. Are you gonna play Rising too?

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@colonelkilgore Yessir! So far on the slate is 4, Rising, and 5. I played Ground Zeroes but not Phantom Pain. Lately though I haven't been able to think about anything besides FFXIV so my MGS4 playthrough kinda got pushed to the side, but I will for sure complete it in the coming weeks. Side note, MGS4 is sooo cool.

Currently Playing:

colonelkilgore

@TraCuz- I have heard great things about FFXIV... I played some Elder Scrolls Online back about 5 years ago though and it took over my life for a month or so. I’m a massive control-freak, so the fact that I had surrendered so much control to a game has kinda put me off trying a MMORPG ever since.

Yeah I’m really looking forward to MGS4, though as I’m hoping to plat them all... the fact that 4 is so notoriously difficult to platinum means that I am a little concerned that I will be all-consumed. BTW V rocked my world, it hasn’t got the all-encompassing narrative of these older games (though I still enjoyed the story immensely) but it plays like butter! Also, the map(s) are brilliant with some absolutely phenomenal enemy base designs... looks like we’re both in for a treat (me with 4 and you with V).

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@TraCuz- @colonelkilgore Rising is insane but great fun. I’m a big fan of Platinum though, even some of their ‘less good’ games like the Transformers one.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@nessisonett I haven’t played a ton of Platinum games but I am a huge fan of Nier: Automata and I thought Bayonetta was excellent too. I’ve heard a lot of Platinum fans say that Rising is their best game, so can’t wait to start it.

**** DLC!

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Yeah Platinum has rarely disappointed, we all love Nier Automata and even Astral Chain which I wasn't too hot on but still enjoyed. I've always heard from MGS fans a certain dislike around Raiden, but as a newcomer I actually really liked MGS2 and going through Raiden's story. So I'm looking forward to diving into a veteran version of him.

Currently Playing:

nessisonett

@TraCuz- I didn’t really get the hate for Raiden but then again, I played 2 years after it released. It just goes to show that it isn’t just now through the internet that gamers have a meltdown over something minor.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

TraCuz-

@nessisonett Haha very true I get it though, if all the trailers showed Snake and I end up playing this whiny anime boy then the frustration is a bit warranted. Fun fact I remember hearing somewhere that Neil Druckmann wanted to have an MGS2 Raiden effect with Abby with players not knowing about her being playable. Lol, very funny how that turned out.

Currently Playing:

ralphdibny

colonelkilgore wrote:

So my MGS highlight today: “... several pounds of MUF are reported every year”! 🤣

Lol 😂 this makes me laugh every time too!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny I’m glad I’m not the only one... loving the game btw, just beat sniper Wolf for the second time. So poignant.

**** DLC!

Thrillho

@colonelkilgore I'm no sure I ever did that battle the "proper" way but just hid in the bottom corner and used the Nikita launcher

Thrillho

colonelkilgore

@Thrillho takes a lot of skill to guide that remote control missile up a snowy ramp through a glade and to hit a sniper in blizzard conditions... don’t let anyone tell you any different 🤫

**** DLC!

ralphdibny

@Thrillho @colonelkilgore I always used the Nikita for the second one. I'm pretty sure you can just hit the side of the tree she's hiding behind to get her. The sniper + diazepam is good enough for the first battle though

See ya!

colonelkilgore

@ralphdibny hey, so I've beaten vulcan raven for the second time, have I got much game left? Not that I like to spoil things or anything, nor am I not enjoying it but im 'spinning multiple plates' and I need to know so I can apportion the sufficient time.

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic