Forums

Topic: WE HAVE A WINNER! - The 2022 Screenshot of the Year Competition

Posts 141 to 160 of 183

nessisonett

@RogerRoger Totally forgot to vote sorry!

5 points - Into The Sunset
3 points - Ancient Canvas
1 point - Thru Hell

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

@RogerRoger No worries. My Spidey sense must have been tingling.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Loyal_Dan

Stillness - 5 points
Thru Hell - 3 points
Ancient Canvas - 1 point

Loyal_Dan

Jimmer-jammer

Sorry, been a terrible procrastinator as of late!

Thru Hell - 5 points
The Chains Of Fate - 3 points
Into The Sunset - 1 point

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Ralizah

1) "Anatomically Correct Spider-Man" - 5 points

2) "Cyclone" - 3 points

3) "The Chains of Fate" - 1 point

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

RogerRoger

@nessisonett No apology necessary! Glad you made it in time!

Thanks to you, and everybody else, who answered the call. A little over six hours remaining!

Loyal_Dan wrote:

Stillness - 5 points

Untitled

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

PSN: GDS_2421
Making It So Since 1987

ApostateMage

Cyclone - 5 pts
Into The Sunset - 3 pts
Thru Hell - 1 pt

Excellent shots all around 👏

ApostateMage

LN78

"Cyclone" for 5 points
"Chains of Fate" for 3 points
"Stillness" for 1 point

LN78

Thrillho

Cyclone - 5pts
Chains of Fate - 3pts
Stillness - 1pt

Great work by everyone who entered though and a solid final lineup for sure!

Thrillho

Tomato_Goose

"Thru Hell" - 5 points
"Get Your Steps In, Push Through the Pain" - 3 points
"Into the Sunset" - 1 point

Even though I appreciate all the works, these three will get some points from a Goose. I like the bright colors and those effect of the "Thru Hell", might even use it as a desktop wallpaper, if the Author does not mind. Alloy on a treadmill is such a cool idea and nicely captured on the ""Get Your Steps In, Push Through the Pain", can't stop laughing. And "Into the Sunset" reminds me how beautiful RDR2 is, at the same time giving some Bladerunner vibes.

Tomato_Goose

Kaka

1st: Into the Sunset - 5 points (runaway winner and my current desktop background!)
2nd: Ancient Canvas - 3 points (yes it's mine - feel free to disregard the points..)
3rd: "Whyyyyy?!?" - 1 point

Kaka

RogerRoger

Thanks for getting your votes in, folks!

Last call; voting wraps and the winners will be announced in less than an hour!

"We want different things, Crosshair. That doesn't mean that we have to be enemies."

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

And that's your lot, y'all. Please do not cast any more votes!

Give me a few minutes to exercise my limited mathematical skills and I'll be back with the final results (for which I'll use the epic tag list, so apologies in advance).

Making It So Since 1987

RogerRoger

@AdamNovice @AFCC @amersga @andreoni79 @AngryChainsaw_ @Anti-Matter @ApostateMage @Arisen @Bamila @Bentleyma @BearsEatBeets @BlockPunch @Blue_Persimmon @BowTiesAreCool @b1ackjack @carlos82 @CJD87 @Clankylad @crimsontadpoles @CuteBoyMnM @DanM @Deadlyblack @DerMeister @Drax-UK @Elodin @evildave333 @GhostofJettatura @HallowMoonshadow @Hispanicguy @hypnotoad @ishaajo840 @Jackpaza0508 @Gremio108 @Jaz007 @Jimmer-jammer @JohnnyShoulder @JudgeDredd @KAIRU @Kaka @Kidfried @kreativekontrol @kyleforrester87 @leucocyte @lieutenantfatman @LivewireCLS @Lizergamid @LN78 @lolwhatno @Loyal_Dan @LukeNI @MB81 @Mega-Gazz @Mr_B021 @nessisonett @nicc83 @nomither6 @NYJetsfan123 @0ld_boy @Perturbator @Ralizah @ralphdibny @r4r3Un1c0rn @RR529 @Rudy_Manchego @Ryall @Sam-Bridges @Shigurui @Signosis @Sorteddan @Star-Lord @TheIdleCritic @themcnoisy @themightyant @the_pathos @ThePizzaMule @Th3solution @Thrillho @Throb @Tjuz @Tomato_Goose @TowaHerschel7 @Unreal @WanderingBullet @xeofate @XOF and @zupertramp

@get2sammyb @LiamCroft @Quintumply @ShogunRok

Before we get to the results, I just wanna say one last, huge "thank you" to everybody who participated in this competition to any degree, be it submitting shots, voting, or just encouraging others. I'd have one heck of a boring December without y'all. Brilliant effort all around!

Additionally, extra-special thanks to @HallowMoonshadow for judging the Comedic category, and to my non-forum best friend Emma, who used her incredible skills as an artist, graphic designer, real-life photographer and Photo Mode enthusiast to tackle the Artistic category. I struggled enough judging the Dynamic shots, and would've been totally lost without the help of these fine folks. I'll be back tomorrow with some selection reasoning and honourable mentions from both myself and Emma.

And thank you to the site staff who, once again, promoted this humble community competition on the front page. Really appreciate the support, and best of luck with your end-of-year content!

Right, as always, feel free to check my working!

9) @evildave333 with "Mess Your Thunderpants" from Horizon Forbidden West.
Untitled

8) @the_pathos with "Whyyyyy?!?" from The Last of Us, Part I (1 point).
Untitled

7) @Throb with "Get Your Steps In, Push Through the Pain" from Horizon Forbidden West (4 points).
Untitled

6) @nessisonett with "Anatomically Correct Spider-Man" from Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered (5 points).
Untitled

5) @Kaka with "Ancient Canvas" from Assassin's Creed: Origins (14 points).
Untitled

4) @Loyal_Dan with "Stillness" from Horizon Forbidden West (24 points).
Untitled

3) @Tomato_Goose with "The Chains of Fate" from God of War: Ragnarök (40 points)...
Untitled

...and @r4r3Un1c0rn with "Into the Sunset" from Red Dead Redemption 2 (also 40 points).
Untitled

2) @Ralizah with "Thru Hell" from Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice (47 points).
Untitled

Which means that the runaway winner of The MC Noisy Award for Best Screenshot 2022, with a whopping 68 points, is @Loyal_Dan with "Cyclone" from Horizon Forbidden West.
Untitled

Congratulations to all of our finalists, to the ultimate winner, and to everybody who's been brave enough to take part in this competition!

Here's to the next twelve months of epic screenshots!

Making It So Since 1987

Loyal_Dan

Woah! I'm blushing! You guys voted for mine? I would like to take this moment to thank my family and Bill Clinton.

Some great shots from you guys too. Shout out to "Thru Hell," amazing shot.

@RogerRoger Stillness was my favorite! I like the way the photographer compositioned the frame of the photo.

Loyal_Dan

Gremio108

Well done @Loyal_Dan - a deserved winner. The bar has been raised once again with that shot.

Thanks again to Rog&co. for their efforts in putting this competition on and for everyone who took part. It's always great fun, without fail.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

Kidfried

Amazing screenshots all around. Congrats!

Kidfried

Ralizah

I knew my ship was sunk as soon as I saw Cyclone. I told @Loyal_Dan at the time that it was a stunning screenshot, and I meant it. It looks like the cover to a fantasy novel. I believe he was also the only person who got more than one screenshot into the finals.

Congrats to all the other finalists!

@Tomato_Goose

Tomato_Goose wrote:

I like the bright colors and those effect of the "Thru Hell", might even use it as a desktop wallpaper, if the Author does not mind.

The author does not mind.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

the_pathos

The winner is well deserved, congrats!

And also congratulations to all the other finalists. Like I already said, there were some really great shots.

As always, good job @RogerRoger !

the_pathos

PSN: the_pathos_ka

ishaajo840

Congrats @Loyal_Dan
And to all the runner-ups for such beautiful snaps!! Its a win-win for everyone.
Thanks to @RogerRoger for hosting another successful & superb event.

Edited on by ishaajo840

ishaajo840

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic