Forums

Topic: Ideas for the site.

Posts 841 to 860 of 1,116

get2sammyb

@andreoni79 Screenshots are usually supplied by the publisher/developer, that's why you see similar ones on various different websites. Sometimes we're provided with b-roll to make videos with, too.

We don't take our own because it's, frankly, more hassle than it's worth. I know it sounds like a minor task to push the share button and upload some images, but reviews in general are already a bit of a loss leader (they're the least viewed part of the site by far, surprisingly!) so it's just easier for us to use the provided assets.

@Octane Agree with you on the inclusion of a trailer. Noted.

@LieutenantFatman Yeah, the Naughty Dog situation is real weird right now. We've got some extra moderation tools now which will automatically hide spoilers from displaying on the page, and we've issued loads of bans. People want to be toxic about this game right now, though, so it's just how these comments sections are going to go until things calm down.

LieutenantFatman

@get2sammyb
Cheers, toxic is definitely the word, I don't envy you guys having to deal with all of that, good luck with the banhammer. Think I'll be avoiding the comments on those ones for awhile.

LieutenantFatman

JohnnyShoulder

@get2sammyb @LieutenantFatman I really don't understand this whole leak/spoil culture that is currently in fashion. Ok I get details on PS5 could be exciting to see, but story details of game that is not even out yet? I fail to see what good comes out of it. Especially when someone is deliberately tagging someone else with those spoilers, if my understanding of what happened is correct.

It's good that extra controls have been put in place on this site. Let's hope that patent Sony filed comes to fruition.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LieutenantFatman

@JohnnyShoulder
That's trolls for you, they're just desperate for a reaction. Probably going to see more of it than usual with so many people being stuck indoors at the moment.

LieutenantFatman

kyleforrester87

Honestly I wish we could do more to help people with their problems, but we aren’t a particularly technical bunch (bar one or two).

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

kyleforrester87

@KratosMD yeah the way I read this forum it doesn’t matter to me since I always just organise threads by most recent so I always see them all within one list. But if you like viewing categories separately I can see it being annoying.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@KratosMD Yep 100%, been saying this for a couple of months now. I was trying to find a thread from a couple of weeks ago, but gave up because of all the tech help questions in the ps4 section. It does feel that we are back up for Sony support at times.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jaz007

Yeah we could do with some consolidation moderation on these “tech help”. People asking for help is fine, but there can be too many thread and they should be in the tech section, not the PS4 section.

Jaz007

Genrou

Jaz007 wrote:

Yeah we could do with some consolidation moderation on these “tech help”. People asking for help is fine, but there can be too many thread and they should be in the tech section, not the PS4 section.

I agree. @Antdickens is there some way all these help threads can be moved to the help section?

Genrou

antdickens

@Genrou @Jaz007 thanks for the heads up. I've moved ~150+ topics from the PS4 forum into the Help/Troubleshooting forum. Please report any stragglers that I missed.

I've also made it so that if anyone posts a new topic to PS4 but has tagged it 'Help', 'Problems', 'Tech Support' OR has 'Help' in the topic title it will automatically move it to the help forum, which should catch about 90% of them.

JohnnyShoulder

@antdickens Thanks! That has made the PS4 section much more bearable to go through!

Genrou

@antdickens Thanks Ant. I can find PS4 game threads again. 😆. I understand that Sony is hard to get a hold off right now with everything going on and people are just looking for answers and help, but it was a bit hard to find a thread on a game or even create a new one only to have it buried by Help threads.

Edited on by Genrou

Genrou

KidRyan

@antdickens @get2sammyb @ShogunRok I almost forgot to ask about these.

1.) The PlayStation profile links don't work anymore, I think Sony switched to "My PlayStation" instead.

Example: https://my.playstation.com/profile/KidBoruto89

2.) What is the team's current stance on an official PushSquare Discord server?

If the answer is still no, is it due to lack of time to moderate or find someone to manage it? Something else?

3.) I noticed our PS4 community group is inactive, any plans to revitalize it?

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic