Sony to Share the Future of PS4 at GamesCom 2014 on 12th August

Save the date

Still recovering from E3 2014 last month? You may want to take a real quick breather, as Sony’s always eventful GamesCom press conference is only 26 days, four hours, and 45 minutes away at the time of typing. As part of an invitation to the press, the platform holder has confirmed that its European briefing will take place on 12th August at 19:00PM CET (18:00PM BST/13:00PM EDT/10:00AM PDT) in Cologne, Germany.

There’s no hint at what the platform holder will announce, but Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida previously hinted that it has saved some reveals for the show. Media Molecule recently completed an internal milestone on its secret PS4 project, so that could certainly make an appearance. Guerrilla Games is also busy beavering away on a rumoured role-playing game, which may be unveiled, too.

Either way, we’ll have complete coverage from the event, including livestreams, chat, opinion, and much, much more. What are you hoping to see announced at the mega convention? Fuel the hype train in the comments section below.

[via videogamer.com]

MadchesterManc

MadchesterManc said:

Everyone & their grandmother knew Sony hadn't blew their load early at E3 as they always spread announcments over multiple events instead of the one as others do

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

@MadchesterManc I kinda wish they did, only to silence those who keep moaning for more exclusives on their PS4.

Topic: Dangerously low expectations for PS Vita: All i expect is a broken port of an old game announced for next year and that E3 mention again. I expect to wowed by PS4 even tho i don't own it. PS3 will be indirectly mentioned by games such as Destiny. Oh and no more Wonderbook, Powers or anything like it.

@Punished_Boss Haha, it would silence the crowds, but I think this is a much better tactic. I've no idea what Microsoft has planned, but I'm going to guess based on past trends that they won't have a whole lot, so Sony will probably dominate the headlines here. Then they'll do it all over again at TGS.

I think this way works much better for them — they basically guarantee four or so months of amazing press coverage, which leads them right into the holidays. Of course, Microsoft and Nintendo may make some more noise this time, we'll have to wait and see.

As for Vita, I definitely think there'll be some stuff. How about Gravity Rush? Could be announced here and be playable at TGS.

Punished_Boss_84

Punished_Boss_84 said:

@get2sammyb Its definitively the correct and wise strategy, but it left people hungry and grumpy in the meantime.

Gravity Rush 2 will be a download only game in EU :( Like every Japan Studio game on Vita recently :( Each Gamescom for Vita got progressively worse than the last :( But otherwise it should be a great show to watch :)

Dohv

Dohv said:

Of course Sony didn't announce everything at E3. Like MS did. Can't wait to see whats in store.

Reverandjames

Reverandjames said:

I think Sony were suspiciously quiet about the Vita at E3...could be a good thing, could be a bad thing, but I'm holding out hope for a few surprise reveals.

WebHead

WebHead said:

Not expecting much for vita since Sony has basically given up on it as a standalone gaming device.

I can see the Sony Bend, Guerilla Games, and MediaMolecule ps4 titles being revealed.

Jazzer94

Jazzer94 said:

Keeping my Vita expectations super low (lower then they were for E3 and that was low) though my one ridiculous hope is Sony announcing a physical release for Freedom Wars.

Dual-shock-spok

Dual-shock-spok said:

Make em sweat Sony!!! Make em sweat!!!! This company may have some difficulties, but these guys know games !!! Release the hounds!! Anybody doubting worldwide studios are fooling themselves!!! Next year is gonna be packed with exclusive games!! Sony are giving us 7 1st party exclusives this year off the top of my head. Drive club, tlou, resogun, knack , infamous, lbp3,& killzone! Plus countless entertaining indies like transistor and hell divers for ex. No games?? Lmao!!! Go Sony! Goooooo!!!! I truly believe Sony has a surprise for us!! A late 2014 (December) AAA surprise!! I could be wrong. Then again, nobody expected Lbp3... That is all.

ToddlerNaruto

ToddlerNaruto said:

I'm not worried about PS4 future ^_^, I'm sure there will be 20 new AAA games I'll want to play on it announced by Christmas :).

(some good exclusives would be nice, but I'm more of a AAA gamer)

Alex840

Alex840 said:

Really want a release date for Rime!

Reckon we'll also see Media Molecule's next project and possibly a Guerilla Game teaser.

CodeSe7en

CodeSe7en said:

New God Of War, Gran Turismo, Socom/SOMA, GTA 6 to be PS4 exclusive, Last Guardian, Project Morpheus, Uncharted 4, Star Citizen coming to PS4 exclusively after PC, to name a few.

ShaneSparkyYYZ

ShaneSparkyYYZ said:

Gran Turismo for PS4! Hopefully .mp3/.mkv file support on PS4 update coming (it does everything right? :/ )