E3 2014: Your First Official Look at PS4's Bloodborne Is Brutal and Beautiful

Dark clothes

Sony’s not quite ready to properly show From Software’s next-gen debut Bloodborne to the public yet, but it has provided the press with a behind-the-scenes taste at E3 2014. Fortunately, as part of a PlayStation Blog livestream earlier today, the platform holder offered the sneakiest of peeks at what the PlayStation 4 exclusive currently looks like.

With the title not due out until sometime next year, the developer clearly hasn’t tuned the artificial intelligence just yet, but the off-screen footage definitely conveys the release’s disturbingly dark vibes. In it, the protagonist is shown sprinting around the gothic town of Yharnam, taking a cleaver to its diseased inhabitants.

Apparently, the abandoned city was once believed to hold an ancient remedy, which caused countless denizens to travel to the town in order to cure their afflictions. However, the Victorian-esque location is actually riddled with a repulsive illness, which has sent many of these weary wanderers insane. You’ll be tasked, no doubt, with mowing them down.

The visuals are definitely impressive even at this early stage, with the protagonist’s animated clothing being a particular highlight. The traditional Demon’s Souls gameplay hook also appears to be in place, as the hero sucks up spirits from the enemies that he defeats. Naturally, this isn’t the most revealing video in the world, but we’re sure to see more in due time.

[via youtu.be, neogaf.com]

Alpha

Alpha said:

Blood Borne looks amazing. i am a Dark Souls fan and Demon's Souls Fan as well. at first i hated Dark Souls though, i couldnt get into it at all.
I gave it another chance when i showed my friend it and i dont know why but i started to enjoy it a lot.

3rdEyeMind

3rdEyeMind said:

Jesus.....i can't handle it.

It's too good.

This is gonna be huge contender for game of the year 2015 and perhaps the next few years like Demon's Souls was before to me and many.

That atmosphere!!!!!

Old-school gaming truly revolutionised.

alphadrago5

alphadrago5 said:

So if I understand correctly, then there's no more blocking...
Not sure how I feel about that.
I never was particularly good at rolling in the souls games, so I always played the heavy armored characters.
Obviously i'm still gonna get this though.
Such graphics.
Very gorgeous.
Much cool.
Wow.

banacheck

banacheck said:

I've been reading about Bloodborne on the EU PlayStation Blog as thay've posted a bit of info about the game, this is one game I cannot wait for 2015 cannot come soon enough.

Ginkgo

Ginkgo said:

I really like the nightmare vibe to the whole thing. Intrigued and watching.